How's Verizon data reception in SF, specifically on Bart across tunnel?
I am on ATT now, and lives in the east bay in the bay area. I commute to work in San Francisco every day, and am getting increasingly frustrated about my ATT reception on bart. I routinely lose complete data reception in the transbay tunnel, in oakland downtown, as well as C. tunnel bewtween oakland and orinda.
The phone could still show there's a HSPA signal, but pages would just keep spinning to no avail.
I would like to ask if Verizon is better. Especially now with the XLTE announcements. If verizon can hold 4G connection through the bart ride, I would be willing to pay higher price (compare to ATT)
Please share experince. thanks!
- 06-16-2014, 02:25 PM #3
- 31 Posts
Their was talk about adding more connectivity in the transbay tube. However BART does offer free wifi in the tunnels. It's called railwifi I believe. I usually get kicked down to 3g but data is practically useless in the tube via cell connection. Some stations do have LTE underground. I have Verizon using an s5. Hope this helps.
Posted via Android Central App
- By vocado88 in forum Android GamesReplies: 12Last Post: 07-01-2014, 11:06 AM
- By preppystud in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 05-24-2014, 11:06 AM
- By mpogr in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 NeoReplies: 0Last Post: 05-21-2014, 12:37 AM
- By johnzjli in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 2Last Post: 05-21-2014, 12:19 AM
- By imran7841 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 05-20-2014, 11:43 PM