Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How's Verizon data reception in SF, specifically on Bart across tunnel?

Hi guys,

I am on ATT now, and lives in the east bay in the bay area. I commute to work in San Francisco every day, and am getting increasingly frustrated about my ATT reception on bart. I routinely lose complete data reception in the transbay tunnel, in oakland downtown, as well as C. tunnel bewtween oakland and orinda.

The phone could still show there's a HSPA signal, but pages would just keep spinning to no avail.

I would like to ask if Verizon is better. Especially now with the XLTE announcements. If verizon can hold 4G connection through the bart ride, I would be willing to pay higher price (compare to ATT)

Please share experince. thanks!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: How's Verizon data reception in SF, specifically on Bart across tunnel?

no one?

Their was talk about adding more connectivity in the transbay tube. However BART does offer free wifi in the tunnels. It's called railwifi I believe. I usually get kicked down to 3g but data is practically useless in the tube via cell connection. Some stations do have LTE underground. I have Verizon using an s5. Hope this helps.

Posted via Android Central App