Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Signal Strength

I have been getting a horrible signal at my house. Called CS and they reprovisioned my phone. Things worked for awhile. Now they are going to send someone to my neighborhood to test the signal. Has anybody experiened having Verizon test the signal in your area? If so did they do something to improve it? It looks to me they are getting tower overload and my phone is getting bumped to distant tower. Sometimes I get no service. Its not the phone since my old phone does the same thing. The db levels match.

THX

Default Re: Verizon Signal Strength

Yeah I've heard of this. They come out and test the signal at your house. If they determine it's bad enough they'll give you a network extender (you can see them on the Verizon website).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Test View Post
    I have been getting a horrible signal at my house. Called CS and they reprovisioned my phone. Things worked for awhile. Now they are going to send someone to my neighborhood to test the signal. Has anybody experiened having Verizon test the signal in your area? If so did they do something to improve it? It looks to me they are getting tower overload and my phone is getting bumped to distant tower. Sometimes I get no service. Its not the phone since my old phone does the same thing. The db levels match.

THX
    They tested in my old neighborhood and determined that it was fine, even though I had to walk a block up the road to have a quality conversation. They then proceeded to offer me a $250ish network extender as a "courtesy" with a 10% off coupon! It was something pretty ludicrous lol.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

I'm having a problem with my signal as well on my new S5. As of a couple weeks ago, my S5 won't hold a 4g LTE connection for longer than an hour or so. (It worked perfectly fine for several weeks prior). The only thing I can think of that I did was do a Verizon roaming profile update (or at least try to since until reading other forums I didn't realize I don't need to do the *228 updates anymore since handled now by 4g sim card). Could me doing the *228 update cause my current problems not holding a 4g connection? I have a support ticket in with Verizon also (and they can actually see my 3g usage going way up vs. 4g since few weeks ago).

Just a note when I power off my phone and turn it back on, I do initially connect to strong 4g LTE signal - but it only lasts for a short period of time before falling back to 3g. I have also removed and reseat my sim card with no luck via that approach. I'll have to ask them about doing a site visit also. Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

Good luck that is all the troubleshooting that we can do from here

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Moto G