Warranty Favorites?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I pay $5 and change its been on my line since the day I took over the account through assumption of liability. When I look at my features on the Verizon website I have the option to toggle it on or off.

Posted via Android Central App

You can toggle it off at anytime but you can only add it when you get a new phone or during open enrollment.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Moto G

Asurioncares

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I liked asurion, but they cancelled me last month because out of 15 years I had a bad year and had to claim 2 times in 12 month period.

Anyone know how long it is before you can sign up for it again?

We welcome you to apply for coverage after 12-consecutive months without a new claim and you add a new phone to the line. In the meantime, the replacement device you received from us comes with a 12-month limited warranty. This means if you experience a covered warranty failure during that year, you may be sent a replacement free of charge. Please let us know if you have any more questions. We are happy to help!

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Asurioncares

May 31, 2013
Visit site
My daughter has four phones under their account. Currently none of them have asurion insurance. I need to add the insurance to the new phone that I will be swapping out in their account.

Should there come a time that the 2 instances of claims come to pass on this one phone and Asurion cancels the insurance, is this just on the one phone or do they deny insurance to the entire account?

Notes from Deb's Note 3

Great question Deb!

The coverage follows the line, not the account. If you reach the claim limit with one line, you may continue to keep coverage on any other enrolled line. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thanks!

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
you can only add it when you get a new phone or during open enrollment.

Sent from my Verizon Moto G

Any ideas when open enrollment will be? I tried to put my granddaughters new but slightly used phone on and the option wasn't even there.

Notes from Deb's Note 3

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Great question Deb!

The coverage follows the line, not the account. If you reach the claim limit with one line, you may continue to keep coverage on any other enrolled line. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thanks!

Asurion gave the same answer so you are right on. Thank you.

Notes from Deb's Note 3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Any ideas when open enrollment will be? I tried to put my granddaughters new but slightly used phone on and the option wasn't even there.

Notes from Deb's Note 3

There isn't a fixed schedule They had open enrollment around September-December 2013 and again January - March 2014.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Too bad they don't allow you to add a used or refurbished phone.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I believe if you purchased a certified pre owned phone, that you would qualify for insurance

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ah ok, then you gotta wait for open enrollment

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering what everyone's favorite warranty is? Asurion, SquareTrade or other? Also please tell me why you like your favorite. Thank you.

Notes from Deb's Note 3

Not trying to be picky here, but Asurion is phone insurance, not warranty. There is no deductible when a warranty is done, there is when an issuance claim is filed. Asurion doesn't handle warranty.