Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Warranty Favorites?

Just wondering what everyone's favorite warranty is? Asurion, SquareTrade or other? Also please tell me why you like your favorite. Thank you.

Notes from Deb's Note 3
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

Default Re: Warranty Favorites?

Asurion

I've looked into SquareTrade but it appears you have to send your broken device in for inspection before they determine the best course of action. Asurion will overnight a new or refurbished device immediately.

*I think you're referring to insurance.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Asurion here too. It covers loss and theft as well. Square trade doesn't.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I have asurion and have used it several times. I am happy with the service except for the cost.

I am tempted to try Worth Ave Group. Their costs are good. They cut a check for the value and you purchase a replacement phone yourself. My main concern is they do not cover loss (they do cover theft).

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thank you all for your replies.

Notes from Deb's Note 3
    Deb

I liked asurion, but they cancelled me last month because out of 15 years I had a bad year and had to claim 2 times in 12 month period.

Anyone know how long it is before you can sign up for it again?

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I didn't know they could cancel you.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    Deb

Quote Originally Posted by trucksmoveamerica#AC View Post
    I liked asurion, but they cancelled me last month because out of 15 years I had a bad year and had to claim 2 times in 12 month period.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyKids View Post
    I didn't know they could cancel you.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    You're allowed two claims in a year. After you use the second claim they will cancel you. I forgot how sign up actually works but it could be as soon as you buy a new device or after a year and than you buy a new device.

Makes sense. Insurance isn't out to send you 20 phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    You're allowed two claims in a year. After you use the second claim they will cancel you. I forgot how sign up actually works but it could be as soon as you buy a new device or after a year and than you buy a new device.

Makes sense. Insurance isn't out to send you 20 phones.

Also say you make two claims within the first month and they let you continue to pay the premium. In month 12,you call to make a third claim... They would have to deny it as you already made 2 claims. Imo, it also becomes an issue of paying for insurance that you can't use...

I think that you can sign up again either when you buy a new device or during open enrollment.

AFAIK, all phone insurance coverages currently have claim limits. Once you meet it, they won't pay more.

Sent from my Verizon Moto G

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Also say you make two claims within the first month and they let you continue to pay the premium. In month 12,you call to make a third claim... They would have to deny it as you already made 2 claims. Imo, it also becomes an issue of paying for insurance that you can't use...

I think that you can sign up again either when you buy a new device or during open enrollment.

AFAIK, all phone insurance coverages currently have claim limits. Once you meet it, they won't pay more.

Asurion will cancel the insurance after the second claim. You would no longer be paying for it and its removed from your cellular bill.

Banned

I use asurion! Have never had to use them though!

SENT VIA MY LG G-FLEX ON SPRINT, POSTED BY ANDROID CENTRALS APP....LIFE IS GOOD✌

Asurion will cancel the insurance after the second claim. You would no longer be paying for it and its removed from your cellular bill.

Correct. My point is that them cancelling makes sense. Why pay for a service that you can't use?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by:

How much is asurion and where is it available?

Posted from my VZW GALAXY S3

I pay $5 and change its been on my line since the day I took over the account through assumption of liability. When I look at my features on the Verizon website I have the option to toggle it on or off.

Posted via Android Central App
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Bell View Post

I have it through Verizon. I don't know what other cell phone providers offer or charge or if you can purchase insurance insurance off of asurion website I have never looked. Each cell phone company I would imagine offers some kind of insurance.

Notes from Deb's Note 3
    Deb
    Thanked by:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

You're allowed two claims in a year. After you use the second claim they will cancel you.

My daughter has four phones under their account. Currently none of them have asurion insurance. I need to add the insurance to the new phone that I will be swapping out in their account.

Should there come a time that the 2 instances of claims come to pass on this one phone and Asurion cancels the insurance, is this just on the one phone or do they deny insurance to the entire account?

Notes from Deb's Note 3
    Deb

My daughter has four phones under their account. Currently none of them have asurion insurance. I need to add the insurance to the new phone that I will be swapping out in their account.

Should there come a time that the 2 instances of claims come to pass on this one phone and Asurion cancels the insurance, is this just on the one phone or do they deny insurance to the entire account?

Notes from Deb's Note 3
    You should call Asurion for confirmation so you're not stuck between a rock and a hard place. I'd assume it's per line though.

Thanked by:

Notes from Deb's Note 3
    It's per line, mine cancelled but the other lines are still effective

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

It's per line, mine cancelled but the other lines are still effective

Cool! Thanks! I had already sent a message to Asurion from their website but it sounds like they will just confirm from what you told me.

Notes from Deb's Note 3
    Deb

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Bell View Post

$5/mo, $99 deductible and available straight from Verizon. Note prices for android only. IPhones are more.

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by alxarambula View Post
    I pay $5 and change its been on my line since the day I took over the account through assumption of liability. When I look at my features on the Verizon website I have the option to toggle it on or off.

Posted via Android Central App
    You can toggle it off at anytime but you can only add it when you get a new phone or during open enrollment.

Thanked by:

We welcome you to apply for coverage after 12-consecutive months without a new claim and you add a new phone to the line. In the meantime, the replacement device you received from us comes with a 12-month limited warranty. This means if you experience a covered warranty failure during that year, you may be sent a replacement free of charge. Please let us know if you have any more questions. We are happy to help!

Thanks!

Asurion Social Media Team
    @AsurionCares
    www.phoneclaim.com

Notes from Deb's Note 3
    Great question Deb!

The coverage follows the line, not the account. If you reach the claim limit with one line, you may continue to keep coverage on any other enrolled line. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thanks!
    Asurion Social Media Team
    @AsurionCares
    www.phoneclaim.com

I bought phone from best buy can I get assurion?
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    you can only add it when you get a new phone or during open enrollment.

Any ideas when open enrollment will be? I tried to put my granddaughters new but slightly used phone on and the option wasn't even there.

Notes from Deb's Note 3
    Deb
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast