Verizon is having $100 off all contract smartphones $199 or higher.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I saw that and I'm kinda disappointed with this promotion. It looks like you pay full price, then get a mail in rebate. They had the same type of sale a month or so ago, but it was an instant $100 off and no mail in rebate (at least when ordering via their website). That's what I was hoping for this time since I'm in the market for a couple upgrades.

crump13

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is having $100 off all contract smartphones $199 or higher.

Some examples : iPhone 5s, S5,Droid Maxx, One M8,and Lumia Icon are $99

Cell Phones, Smartphones & the Largest 4G LTE Network - Verizon Wireless

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

When I saw this, I was a little bummed since my upgrade date isn't until July 14th. I was planning on upgrading to the GS5 at that time. Seeing that the GS5 is $99 now after the $50 mail in rebate (which i perfer instant but I can deal with mail in), I decided to call customer service to see if they would let me upgrade early so I can take advantage of this promotion. The CSR I got said she would ask a supervisor to see if they would let me upgrade early and she came back and asked if I did get the phone if I would need accessories? I asked her if I ordered accessories from her now if I still get the 25% employer discount and she advised that I would. I told her then I would order a case and a screen protector now and then she processed my order for the phone and the accessories. I guess ordering accessories helped them make the decision to let me upgrade early. I had them just place everything on my monthly bill and it will be paid on my next statement via autopay.

I was very surprised that it was that easy. Very good service and not much push back when I asked to upgrage early. I went into the conversation saying I know it is not time to upgrade but I would like to take advantage of the $99 offer for the GS5 that they have going on now. I'm about 7 or 8 weeks or so from my upgrade date. All in all I am pleased that they upgraded me early so I can get the phone for $99.99

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I was just poking about the Verizon site and noticed they changed how the offer is made. I was looking at the M8, S5, and Note 3. The S5 has a $50 price drop now plus $50 mail in rebate. The other two had flat $100 price drops and no rebate. The final cost is still the same, just now part, or all of the sale is via a direct price discount. I also noticed the off contract price is down $100 from when I last checked, but here's the kicker: The Edge price went UP!

Example, the M8 off contract is now $600 and the Edge price was $25/mo (X24 = $600) a couple weeks ago. Makes sense, right? Now it's still $600, but Edge pricing is up to $30/mo (X24 = $720). WTH?!?!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok I figured out the Edge deal. The monthly prices are higher by default, but the fine print says it's for 20 months instead of 24, so it comes out the same overall.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok I figured out the Edge deal. The monthly prices are higher by default, but the fine print says it's for 20 months instead of 24, so it comes out the same overall.
Hmm... Wonder why Verizon is changing it.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Moto G

xiwong

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Any idea when they will offer another deal like this? I want to get a S5 for the $100 price and I have to go through VZW direct.

I'm waiting for the M8 to be $99 so I can do an upgrade transfer to keep UL Data. My guess will be after 6/30. If you check coupon websites they all state the current promotion ends on 6/30, and I'm willing to bet the S5 and M8 will be on sale for July 4th. I guess if you can't wait you can buy now and price match within the 2 week window.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia