Sell my unlimited data and open up a new account

hkrn44

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I want to sell my unlimited data plan on ebay and switch to the 8gb plan for only $9.99 more a month. I realized that i have never went over more than 6.5 on my data plan. I'm doing this so I can upgrade to a new phone. I saw that I can sell unlimited data for $500-600 on ebay by using the assumption of liability process. But then the person will keep my phone number? Is there any way around this? Can I port my number to google voice and then call verizon for a new phone number? Then once I sell my unlimited data account with the new number, can I port my old number from google voice back to a new verizon account?I really have no idea how to do this porting process but i read on another message board that it can be done

Is there an easier way to do this?

Basically i want to sell unlimited data, and keep my original number that i've had for over 10 years. I am okay with my single line account increasing by $9.99 a month in order to upgrade to a new phone for free. It will be free because I will be trading in my iphone 5, then upgrading to the 5s (iphone 5 gives me a $200 credit). I talked to verizon tiday and they said I switch to the verizon max account and downgrade my texting to $10 for 1,000 texts, and then keep 450 min, with 8gb data for $50, and add my 20% discount that my plan will only be $10 more than my current plan. It would be $81.99 a month not including tax.

hkrn44

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I read online that porting my old number to google voice will take a few days and something about they will not be able to port bacxk to verizon and i will lose my plan. It sounds like this is something I should not do.

I just want to sell unlimited data and keep my current number since i've had it forever!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can't sell the unlimited data AND get 8gb data plus tethering for $50. It is either or.

But if you want to keep the number, You would need to port your number to Google voice or other prepaid. Then immediately call Verizon and tell them that you want to reactivate the line, they will issue a new phone number and reinstate your line. Then you can sell the line. Once sold you can port the line back to Verizon, but you won't be able to get the 6gb/$30 or 8gb plus tethering for $50.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463