Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 20 of 20
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By trucksmoveamerica#AC
  • 1 Post By Thinkfreshdell
  • 1 Post By Almeuit
  • 1 Post By cootiesboy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Verizon screwed my plan up, go figure.

    Yesterday I called Verizon to do a plan analyst to see if there was any way to cut cost. The rep went thru a lot of things and was trying different things. When she was done we determined that I wouldn't save enough to lose the 4 unlimited data lines I have, so decided to leave things alone and she said nothing would change, I'm sure you all know where this is going by now.

    As most have figured out I'm on a older plan, I have a primary account and a sub account with 5 lines on each account, 2 unlimited data lines on each. This morning I checked my online account and discovered that I now had 3 accounts, one single account which had one of my unlimited data lines, and the other 2 accounts had the lines all mixed up, nothing the way it was, but all had the correct data, just paired up differently which missed up the 10 friends and family we had on the 1400 minute plan.

    So after about 6 calls thru 3 states they finally got all the lines back in the proper accounts. But one line that had unlimited data is now on the 2gb plan, which is showing on my account that I'm at 146% of my allowed data this month.

    They said they had to file a form to get my unlimited data and unlimited tethering back and should hear back within 48 hours. Has anyone had their unlimited removed due to Verizon error and get it back? I should also mention my line has been out of contract for 4 months and still is today, so obviously I didn't upgrade.

    Also, one of the reps said that if we have unlimited 4g data already that you can add tethering for the $30/month and have unlimited tethering, that don't sound right.

    Thanks, sorry for the long post.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Verizon screwed my plan up, go figure.

    I haven't personally but I've heard of people having to go through this. They have to go through a process to give it back... They really want people to go away from it so they ensure it was their mistake for moving you before giving it back.

    Also the unlimited tether for an extra 30 dollars a month is accurate. You can add unlimited tethering to 1 line for 30 bucks a month. One of our mods (dpham) used 5 TB of data on his tether and had no issues from Verizon.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Verizon screwed my plan up, go figure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I haven't personally but I've heard of people having to go through this. They have to go through a process to give it back... They really want people to go away from it so they ensure it was their mistake for moving you before giving it back.
    That's what I've been hearing too. Haven't gone through this myself (never had unlimited to bother with), but I've seen several posts of people losing unlimited due to a Verizon error and being able to get it back with a little work.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Verizon screwed my plan up, go figure.

    It was their mistake, I can't move the lines around. I just know Verizon, this could be a uphill battle.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Verizon screwed my plan up, go figure.

    You should be okay since this is clearly a Verizon mistake. If they deny, continue fighting...

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Verizon screwed my plan up, go figure.

    Quote Originally Posted by trucksmoveamerica#AC View Post
    It was their mistake, I can't move the lines around. I just know Verizon, this could be a uphill battle.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    You should be okay since this is clearly a Verizon mistake. If they deny, continue fighting...

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    This. Mention the BBB if it gets real bad.. Since they made the mistake and not you... But at least give them a chance to try and fix it first.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Verizon screwed my plan up, go figure.

    Called today, 2 days after they filed first request, they said there wasn't one filled out but they could resubmit another form.

    I'm raised a little he** and said that is unacceptable, this whole deal was their fault in the beginning and the fact that they made another mistake by not submitting the form should not be my problem.

    I got transferred to the loyalty department and my unlimited was turned back on right away.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    cootiesboy likes this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Verizon screwed my plan up, go figure.

    Ha ha touche. Just keep pushing the subject, and you'll get what you want. I've been with Verizon for 15 yrs, being grandfathered in on the Unlimited Data is nice.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Verizon screwed my plan up, go figure.

    Glad to hear you got it back! .

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Verizon screwed my plan up, go figure.

    Quote Originally Posted by trucksmoveamerica#AC View Post
    Called today, 2 days after they filed first request, they said there wasn't one filled out but they could resubmit another form.

    I'm raised a little he** and said that is unacceptable, this whole deal was their fault in the beginning and the fact that they made another mistake by not submitting the form should not be my problem.

    I got transferred to the loyalty department and my unlimited was turned back on right away.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    So they could of just sent you to the loyalty dept on the first day but instead made you wait for another two days saying that they needed to submit a form, which might not even exist. I assume they just hope you're another person that would just give up on fighting back your unlimited data. Great Job on fighting for that unlimited data!!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Verizon screwed my plan up, go figure.

    Today when that rep said there was no form filled out but she would be glad to fill another form out for me had no idea what was coming her way. A guy can only take so much nonsense and it was ending today.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Verizon screwed my plan up, go figure.

    I have learned through experience that almost all of my dealing with Verizon are through chat... Then I save a copy of the chat to my computer. This has saved my **** a few times when they sent me a 500 dollar bill after a trip I went on and again on another trip.. Also after a conversation on the the phone you can request an email from the csr with a summary of the call sometimes.
    Danny

    Posted via Android Central App
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Verizon screwed my plan up, go figure.

    Quote Originally Posted by trucksmoveamerica#AC View Post
    Today when that rep said there was no form filled out but she would be glad to fill another form out for me had no idea what was coming her way. A guy can only take so much nonsense and it was ending today.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    BS on the reps part VZW
    doesn't have a loyalty department any more the rep just advised someone else who knew what to do.


    Second off if a plan falls off because of errors, there is a department that places the feature back on.in most cases as long as 14 days have not pass it can be done quick.


    Third if you just called to see about saving money then your features would not come off or phones moved around. There had to be a bigger discussion going on or that rep was just poor at his job because there is a tool that shows the cost for current plans vs. The cost of more everything plans even it the more everything cost more

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Verizon screwed my plan up, go figure.

    Quote Originally Posted by mail4diop View Post
    BS on the reps part VZW
    doesn't have a loyalty department any more the rep just advised someone else who knew what to do.


    Second off if a plan falls off because of errors, there is a department that places the feature back on.in most cases as long as 14 days have not pass it can be done quick.


    Third if you just called to see about saving money then your features would not come off or phones moved around. There had to be a bigger discussion going on or that rep was just poor at his job because there is a tool that shows the cost for current plans vs. The cost of more everything plans even it the more everything cost more

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    I apparently got a bunch of bad reps then. The first one took my 2 family plans, a prime and a sub...turned it into one single line plan, and 2 family plans, I don't know how she did it or why, but when I got off phone with her we both agreed that we were leaving things the way they were before I called, no changes are to be made. That night I noticed my mobile app no longer showed the other 4 lines on my account.

    Called in a second time, rep told me what happened, I still had unlimited data on all the lines, she couldn't figure out how to change but her supervisor was going to fix it.

    Next morning still not fixed, next rep was going to get it fixed, but call got disconnected and she never called back. Called in again and got another rep, she was having problems trying to figure out what happened, I finally got her to understand. During that call she all of a sudden said it just changed and its right now, all lines have their unlimited data, I said the other lady must have gotten it fixed.

    Waited a few hours, my mobile app still was not showing my lines on my account so I called yet again. New rep said it was still 3 separate accounts nothing was fixed, all lines had the unlimited data, so he attempted to fix it. He got all the lines back on the appropriate accounts and said everything was fixed. Then I got a message saying I was over my data, looked and seen I was on the 2gb plan.

    So called back, was told a form had to be filled out and should have it back in 48 hours, didn't and called again that's when they said that could fill another form out, that's when I had enough.

    All I know, the lady answered and said loyalty department, but I know Verizon reps will lie over and over, I don't care if there is one or not, I got my unlimited data back after Verizon wasted several hours of my time.

    And yes first call was for a plan analyst, can't help it if that lady knew nothing, but obviously she wasn't the only one. Verizon has gone down hill a lot over the last 14 years, customer service is nothing compared to a couple years ago. I'm not as loyal anymore and my lines are coming off contract and I'm keeping it that way.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Verizon screwed my plan up, go figure.

    Trust me Verizon doesn't like that at all and looks for every opportunity to weed reps like that out. Verizon knows it needs to keep there loyal customers but not all Employees are aware of all things they can do or which channels to work with so it can be as seamless for you.

    Do I sound like I work for them who knows. The only thing that matters at the end if the day is you were happy and wanted to find ways to save money and be happier ant that joy was taken. Ask yourself this has all interactions been like that.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Verizon screwed my plan up, go figure.

    Quote Originally Posted by mail4diop View Post
    Trust me Verizon doesn't like that at all and looks for every opportunity to weed reps like that out. Verizon knows it needs to keep there loyal customers but not all Employees are aware of all things they can do or which channels to work with so it can be as seamless for you.

    Do I sound like I work for them who knows. The only thing that matters at the end if the day is you were happy and wanted to find ways to save money and be happier ant that joy was taken. Ask yourself this has all interactions been like that.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    No not all interactions are like that, but they are becoming more common. I used to give Verizon a 10 for customer service, now I would give them 5.5. I would suggest more training, my ordeal involved at least 6 different reps and all of them failed to fix the problem, and made things worse, the 7th one finally fixed the problem after I got to the breaking point.

    Let's just say I don't recommend Verizon as fast as I used to anymore.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Verizon screwed my plan up, go figure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    .........
    One of our mods (dpham) used 5 TB of data on his tether and had no issues from Verizon.
    .
    5TB? As in 5,000GB? Holy Cow! I was worried when my usage
    topped 900GB during the June billing cycle! I normally only use
    about 400GB to 600GB per month on my unlimited data....
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Verizon screwed my plan up, go figure.

    Quote Originally Posted by centerwaters View Post
    5TB? As in 5,000GB? Holy Cow! I was worried when my usage
    topped 900GB during the June billing cycle! I normally only use
    about 400GB to 600GB per month on my unlimited data....
    5 terabytes is 5120gb.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Verizon screwed my plan up, go figure.

    Quote Originally Posted by mail4diop View Post
    Trust me Verizon doesn't like that at all and looks for every opportunity to weed reps like that out. Verizon knows it needs to keep there loyal customers but not all Employees are aware of all things they can do or which channels to work with so it can be as seamless for you.

    Do I sound like I work for them who knows. The only thing that matters at the end if the day is you were happy and wanted to find ways to save money and be happier ant that joy was taken. Ask yourself this has all interactions been like that.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    He is talking about his experience. You can't tell him he didn't go through this since he did. You're talking about how it should be... But obviously that isn't how it was for him.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Verizon screwed my plan up, go figure.

    And if you read what I said I was calling BS one the rep and said Verizon wants to weed those experiences out.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-14-2015, 03:19 AM
  2. Root Verizon S5. Cannot get towelroot to run
    By Unregistered in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-07-2014, 09:58 PM
  3. Sinc Android phone calendar to my Microsoft Outlook
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-19-2014, 06:17 PM
  4. the sound of my samsung galaxy y cant working
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-18-2014, 08:04 PM
  5. LG Optimus f6 keeps lighting up while locked.
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-18-2014, 07:47 PM

Posting Permissions