Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to verify verizon phone for sale on craigs list is not stolen.

I know I verify that a phone has a clean ESN. Does that mean it's not stolen or is it possible he stole it and is trying to unload it before someone would report it stolen? Or if I just verify ESN is clean by calling verizon then I am good to go? Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: How to verify verizon phone for sale on craigs list is not stolen.

meet the seller at an official Verizon retail company store and have a Verizon employee check the phone and ESN there before you hand over any money.

good luck.

Couldn't he still report it stolen? IMO I wouldn't trust craigslist. I would rather buy from swappa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by cnotes2019 View Post
    Couldn't he still report it stolen? IMO I wouldn't trust craigslist. I would rather buy from swappa.

That's what I was thinking. Couldn't the guy just sell it to me and then the place he stole it from realizes it's stolen and reports it and suddenly the phone goes dead? If I meet him at a verizon store would they be able to verify it's not stolen, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by cnotes2019 View Post

Wouldn't someone on swappa be able to do the same thing?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    490 Global Posts

Not sure where they get their data but checkesnfree.com (two Page Plus MVNOs use it) may be a good first step. As resellers of Verizon phones on the Prepaid side they may get access to the Verizon data to check phones before they activate them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by trucksmoveamerica#AC View Post
    Wouldn't someone on swappa be able to do the same thing?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
    Swappa helps you verify that the phone is clean and there is also having paypal protection if something goes wrong.

Thanked by: