VZ Activations back yet?

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Went to the local VZ store last night to pick up a new phone for my wife and they told me all their activation systems were down -- nationwide? They couldn't sell me a new phone, and said that you wouldn't be able to buy one online last night either?

Well, just curious if anyone else heard this and knows the current status?

(Can you imagine the number of sales lost if their nationwide activations are down for an appreciable amount of time???)

Thanks,
AJ

indiansfan78

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I have been trying to pay my bill online since yesterday (06/26) and the "My Verizon" app on my phone and their website keeps telling me it's unavailable. When you read some of the posts on Verizon's community site, there are a lot of people saying they can't activate their phone and the Reps are no help. They just keep saying it will be back up. I'm thinking Big Red has been hacked.

bcharron117

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Just my imagination, or did this start around the same time that it seemed like everybody crashed the network trying to stream USA-Germany World Cup match Thursday?

ldragon76

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
New activations only? I just upgraded today and a rep was able to activate the new phone in his system, though admittedly he did have to try a couple times

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
New activations only? I just upgraded today and a rep was able to activate the new phone in his system, though admittedly he did have to try a couple times

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

From what I have been told by my Verizon friends it is hit or miss with accounts atm. Most accounts can't be accessed, a few can. However if you try calling in or accessing online most accounts can't even do that right now. I just try, can't even log in. This is one of the longest outages for them apparently, going on day 3.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I attempted to check the website and it said most features were unavailable. No big deal for me but my sister needs a replacement phone and I think this may slow that down. :/

Dang phone keeps locking up.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying to pay my bill online since yesterday (06/26) and the "My Verizon" app on my phone and their website keeps telling me it's unavailable. When you read some of the posts on Verizon's community site, there are a lot of people saying they can't activate their phone and the Reps are no help. They just keep saying it will be back up. I'm thinking Big Red has been hacked.

Bill pay is working for me this morning.

8avynymu.jpg

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I got confirmation from my Verizon rep (I work at best buy) that everything is back up and working :)

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech