07-02-2014 10:11 AM
- Hello all! I've been a reader/occassional poster for a little while now So here is my plan!
I entered a new edge agreement in March 2014. I wanted an iPhone so I could have two devices to FaceTime and iMessage my friends and family back in the states while deployed. I left states in April and I'll be gone for a little while so I had my line supsended. I wanted to continue to make edge payments so when I return I could upgrade to a new device. But the Verizon customer service lady in the store said "I'm sorry ma'am it's all or none." Well I'm not gonna pay 150 plus a month when I can't use the phone here without being charged OUT THE WAHZOO! I made sure I made one full edge payment and had my account "active" 31 days AFTER I signed my new agreement before I suspended my phone. I noticed about a month after I got here that I had a bill due on Verizon so I paid it. I think it was one of those we will you a month in advance kind of things when you sign a new agreement and what not. I decided to go browse around Verizon online and noticed I had a "credit" to my account. It appears they took a prorated amount and credited the rest to my account! So after all that background story lol here's my plan!
Can I just continue to make "edge payments" to my account? If I pay double my edge amount, I'll be well over my halfway point of payment on the device. So when I get back they can see I've got the amount wanted for half the phone already on my account so I should be able to upgrade no problem. I just don't want to go home and drop a couple hundred all at once when I can pay on it while I'm deployed!
Whatcha think? You can bill up to $400 on an account! I don't see why this wouldn't work but you never know with Big Red....
Thanks!!!07-02-2014 07:16 AM
- You wouldn't be able to double your edge payment. From what I've read on their FAQ page you have three options...
- pay your monthly payment every month like normal (example : 25 a month)
- pay it all in full
- pay off half and edge up to a new phone
Those are the only 3 options I saw. They don't allow you to just double pay in a month or to the balance directly.
Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.07-02-2014 09:51 AMLike 2
- If I am understanding the OP correctly, you want to prepay on edge. As said above, you cannot double pay, only the 3 options mentioned above.
Also, at least on my account, I can pre-pay up to $500, if you wanted to prepay. And yes, the Bill to Account option is available to qualified accounts.
One thing to keep in mind is that at this upgrade, you have to pay 50% to upgrade, but at the next edge upgrade, you would have to pay 60%. The term is also reduced to 20 months instead of 24 months, so the monthly payment increases.
dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 307-02-2014 10:06 AM
- So though my account is supensed therefore not racking up any charges whatsoever, any monies I pay towards it each month would be a credit but that credit couldn't be used to pay the 50% balance needed in order to edge up? Is that correct? If so that makes me really sad.
But thank you both for taking the time to answer my question07-02-2014 10:11 AM
- By DamianP in forum LG G2Replies: 5Last Post: 07-02-2014, 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD