Need help finding inexpensive tablet

Sandra Mort

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
To make a long story short, I am taking over my grandmother's Verizon line. My father and I decided that I will get a tablet on that line, so now I have to choose what tablet to get. I am paying the full retail price out of pocket, so there's no hurry to find one that I like. In the meantime, I'd like to put a tablet on the account so the bill drops to $10 a month fairly quickly. Ideally, I'd like to spend around or even under $50 if it's a machine that will be replaced later on.

What is a Verizon compatible android tablet that is actually usable for basic browsing & children's games? It's nearly useless to read reviews because the old tablets don't have reviews comparing them to newer machines. I'm open to buying from somebody here if anybody is trying to rehome an old tablet.

Thank you so much,
Sandra Mort

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I went into a corporate store last week and they had a 7" Android OS tablet showing a price of $199 or something higher. The rep tried to sell me or for $50 subsidized I assume.

Sandra Mort

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I ended up having to pay for TWO lines to replace my broken phone. I'm going to take over my grandmother's phone line, getting a free phone and transferring my phone number to the new phone. Then I'm taking her phone line and switching it to a used tablet from Swappa (thanks for the tip!!!). The tablet service is only 10 dollars a month, and I was offered 10 dollars a month off for the first year. So basically, the price is staying the same for everything other than buying the tablet (or if they back out on the deal, 10 more a month).

I'm getting a used XOOM with cases & such thrown in for good measure. It's cosmetically "well loved" but honestly, I've got four kids. It'll be getting lots more love. You can see it here: Motorola XOOM (Verizon) For Sale - QMZ638 - $155 > Swappa

And I got a really fancy new LG G2 that retails for way more than I could have afforded. I feel guilty for being so excited about it. http://www.amazon.com/LG-G2-Black-V...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3749823
:)

Sandra Mort

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
LOL! No, no, that's not it. My grandmother is at the end stages of liver cancer, so she won't need her cell phone anymore. I'll be taking over her phone line so I can get the free phone. But the circumstances... well... see what I mean?

Hey nothing wrong with being excited over good deals! Happy for you.

Oh, and your dogs are gorgeous! I had a female short haired mostly GSD and a long haired male mostly GSD. I found both of them roaming around my college town. I'm sure I don't need to explain. I miss having a dog around, but I can't take care of one properly right now. Wouldn't be fair to them. *sniffle*

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks and I'm sorry about your dogs. That pic was taken when there were only two of them. Now there are three.