Employer Discount

BPHusker

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I switched over to Verizon in October and had them set me up for a discount through my employer. 2 cycles later I did not have the discount. I stopped back in January and they said it was submitted wrong so they submitted it again. Anyway, it still hasn't taken the percentage off even though it is showing it was approved.

I called the customer care today and had them look into it. I just got a response back that I'm not eligible for the discount because I don't have a contract (went month to month waiting for the S5) and that those are the terms of their discount program. I'm looking at their discount page it says NOTHING about requiring a contract.

Am I getting hosed or is that actually their policy?

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I switched over to Verizon in October and had them set me up for a discount through my employer. 2 cycles later I did not have the discount. I stopped back in January and they said it was submitted wrong so they submitted it again. Anyway, it still hasn't taken the percentage off even though it is showing it was approved.

As far as I know, the employee discount is not tied to the state of the contract, though I could be mistaken as I have never been out of contract. What plan do you have?

I called the customer care today and had them look into it. I just got a response back that I'm not eligible for the discount because I don't have a contract (went month to month waiting for the S5) and that those are the terms of their discount program. I'm looking at their discount page it says NOTHING about requiring a contract.

Am I getting hosed or is that actually their policy?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've never heard of requiring a contract, but that's not to say your specific discount couldn't have such a restriction. There's no one across the board discount that applies to every company equally. You should try talking to your company's HR dept, or whoever it is that oversees this type of benefit to see what they say.

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When I added an employee discount to my Verizon account I was off contract, it was about year ago when I signed up.

Posted via Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I had an employer discount for almost a year without a contract. You're not on a loyalty plan are you?

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie