Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xiwong
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New SIM = Signed new contract

A couple of days ago, I did an upgrade transfer to keep unlimited:

Line 1: dumbphone
    Line 2: Smartphone (contract renewed)

I had some problems with the phone so I brought it in to get a replacement. I reactivated on Line 1 (the line it was ordered for) before I brought it in and as I expected, the Verizon people had to go through all the usual troubleshooting like replacing the SIM. So I let them replace the SIM, but unbeknownst to me, they resigned the contract for line 1 while doing so. I remember the customer service rep signing the sign pad himself saying that "you already did this."

I am going to call Verizon later, but I am more limited to what I can do because it was an upgrade transfer to keep unlimited. I do however have a receipt that only has a bulk NFC SIM for $0.00 and a resigned contract. If this doesn't work, should I return everything (which may not even reset the contract on Line 1) or go another route as I never physically signed the contract, customer service did

Default Re: New SIM = Signed new contract

Call them and tell them that the rep signed it for you saying you already did that. The store can return everything and reverse the upgrade.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by VDub2174 View Post
    Call them and tell them that the rep signed it for you saying you already did that. The store can return everything and reverse the upgrade.
    I am going to give that a go, what do you think my chances are that they don't catch on to the transfer upgrade on a UDP line?

Not sure really. Just don't mention it to them
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."

Yeah just don't mention it and play dumb. Worse case you have to return everything to reset the upgrades.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Yeah just don't mention it and play dumb. Worse case you have to return everything to reset the upgrades.

Just got off the phone with them, and they couldn't see how signing 2 contracts (donor line and recipient line) for 1 phone is wrong. I said I want to return everything and start over, but they said that it would only reset Line 2's contract date, as Line 1 was renewed for a SIM card which is not returnable merchandise. Time for a plan C...

Quote Originally Posted by xiwong View Post
    Just got off the phone with them, and they couldn't see how signing 2 contracts (donor line and recipient line) for 1 phone is wrong. I said I want to return everything and start over, but they said that it would only reset Line 2's contract date, as Line 1 was renewed for a SIM card which is not returnable merchandise. Time for a plan C...
    Call back. Record the phone call. Get their info. Make sure to notify them that you are recording, if required by law where you are. Ask to speak to a supervisor. Go up the chain as far as they will let you. Ask for employee full name and id (if they don't give it, don't force it)

If not settled, file a dispute with the bbb and state attorney general.

Also, send to Verizon a notice of dispute.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/suppo...of_Dispute.pdf

Thanked by 2:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks a lot dpham00 and VDub2174! After 2 more calls and a conversation with a great supervisor, they got the paperwork in to get the contract date changed. Maybe 10 minutes later I was notified that the contract date had been reset on line 1, solving the problem.
    Thanked by 2:
    VDub2174 likes this.

Glad it worked out. My guess is that the original csr was lazy, since an upgrade reset requires manager approval and some paperwork.

If you keep asking a few times and asked to talk to a supervisor last time, bet it would have been resolved too.