Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
Like Tree59Likes

Default Re: Network Optimization: Throttling unlimited data LTE users (October 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by anon24860 View Post
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/10/apasajug.jpg

This throttling of us unlimited folks is just unacceptable. :chuckle:

Yeah, I know, Sunday morning and all that...
    It doesn't begin till October... It isn't October yet :P.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S6 (32 GB) using AC Forums.

Default Re: Network Optimization: Throttling unlimited data LTE users (October 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    It doesn't begin till October... It isn't October yet :P.
    You're right, but I can't help but think they're doing a test run. In the 'burbs of Philly right now (15MHz B4, not that loaded) and all my speed tests come up with what seems like and arbitrary limit of about .9-.95 (only tested because of how slow Google music was streaming). Usually get 30/10 around here.
    lh3

Xi,
    Are you off contract?

Quote Originally Posted by xiwong View Post
    You're right, but I can't help but think they're doing a test run. In the 'burbs of Philly right now (15MHz B4, not that loaded) and all my speed tests come up with what seems like and arbitrary limit of about .9-.95 (only tested because of how slow Google music was streaming). Usually get 30/10 around here.

Quote Originally Posted by lh3 View Post
    Xi,
    Are you off contract?
    I'm on contract until October 2015. In fact all my unlimited lines are under contract, but I also received the throttling notice in my August bill.

Quote Originally Posted by xiwong View Post
    I'm on contract until October 2015. In fact all my unlimited lines are under contract, but I also received the throttling notice in my August bill.
    Did you upgrade any lines after 8/1/14? Were any lines out of contract prior to 8/1?

Quote Originally Posted by diesteldorf View Post
    Did you upgrade any lines after 8/1/14? Were any lines out of contract prior to 8/1?
    All were upgraded last fall with the glitch or with the transfer upgrade loophole in like April.

I have two unlimited lines. I upgraded my line in August. My wife's line has been under contract for a year.

I am at 17.5gb right now. My month end in the second. Guess I will find at quick of upgrading after August 1st worked.

I'm just wondering, lets say I meet all criteria the first month and get throttled. Then I do the BB trick and am under contract. I should be fine then right? Since I would not meet all the criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing2Lose View Post
    I'm just wondering, lets say I meet all criteria the first month and get throttled. Then I do the BB trick and am under contract. I should be fine then right? Since I would not meet all the criteria.
    Unless they change the terms of the new contract. I am afraid that once the systems marks you being throttled, it won't be able to remove you. Since you're not supposed to be able to upgrade unlimited lines.

We will find out more soon.

Bump. Any updates on this? There was alot of valuable information in this thread which I appreciate this community posting. Kind of disturbing that this thread has died out. I have 4glte and UDP and am out of contract. I have noticed severe 'optimization'. I can't even browse websites that well, I have to keep reloading them alot. Also it's kind of strange I don't seem to have too much trouble streaming standard def videos off of youtube or netflix. What has been everyone else's experience? Thanks!

Thread died off because Verizon came out and said they decided not to proceed with the throttling.
    Once again shout out to Tom Wheeler.

Posted via the Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by alxarambula View Post
    Thread died off because Verizon came out and said they decided not to proceed with the throttling.
    Once again shout out to Tom Wheeler.

Posted via the Android Central App
    This. Verizon backed down.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S6 (32 GB) using AC Forums.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910