Network Optimization: Throttling unlimited data LTE users (October 2014)

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
re: Damn you verizon (possible throttling of future LTE for off contract unlimited uber-users)

Sweet that is simply awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
re: Damn you verizon (possible throttling of future LTE for off contract unlimited uber-users)

Sweet that is simply awesome.

More than they pay for? If you pay for unlimited, you get unlimited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

More than they pay for? If you pay for unlimited, you get unlimited

Not anymore. ;) I could go on to explain the "fair-usage" clause within the unlimited contract but I am guessing you have not read the unlimited contract.

pnjabimunda8

May 3, 2014
Visit site

In order to see reduced speeds, you have to be a customer that meets all of the criteria below (again, ALL of the criteria):

Top 5% of data users (you use 4.7GB of data per month or more)
Enrolled on an unlimited data plan or feature
Have fulfilled their minimum contract term ;)
Are attempting to use data on a cell site that is experiencing high demand

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

In order to see reduced speeds, you have to be a customer that meets all of the criteria below (again, ALL of the criteria):

Top 5% of data users (you use 4.7GB of data per month or more)
Enrolled on an unlimited data plan or feature
Have fulfilled their minimum contract term ;)
Are attempting to use data on a cell site that is experiencing high demand

That's nice that they said that but this can open up all kinds of acts by verizon to throttle anyone anytime

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

Not anymore. ;) I could go on to explain the "fair-usage" clause within the unlimited contract but I am guessing you have not read the unlimited contract.

I don't believe in Santa clause and I don't believe in that clause you speak of

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I pay them $60 month for unlimited data and tethering and use average 8 gigs month, and they are going to consider me high usage...I'm paying double, I should get double their average. I don't think 8 gigs is abusing the system or going over fair usage for $60 month, really that's a pretty penny for 8 gigs data.

And let's look at the big picture, tiered plans will get attacked next, Verizon is just greedy, greedy, greedy. How excited are we for volte now.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

I don't believe in Santa clause and I don't believe in that clause you speak of

If it's in a contract it's in a contract. You not believing in it isn't going to make it go away.

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

I wonder how this will effect those of us that use the loopholes to get a subsidized phone and keep unlimited data. If we stay under contract no throttling? Will they just close the loopholes?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

I wonder how this will effect those of us that use the loopholes to get a subsidized phone and keep unlimited data. If we stay under contract no throttling? Will they just close the loopholes?

You were only under the contract the first 2 years. No one with unlimited plans are "under" contract anymore.

"under"=Have not fulfilled their minimum contract term.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

You are mistaken. My wife is under contract until September 2015. I plan on using a loophole to go under contract in September.

You are mistaken because you have fulfilled the minimum contract term. Maintaining it past that point does not avoid "Network Optimization".

The only period of time you are under contract is when you suffer an ETF for canceling that plan.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

You are mistaken because you have fulfilled the minimum contract term. Maintaining it past that point does not avoid "Network Optimization".

The only period of time you are under contract is when you suffer an ETF for canceling that plan.

That is what he is saying, if he cancelled his line he would pay a ETF

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

But if you use the loophole to get subsided phone and extend the contract you do suffer an etf if you cancel the plan .....

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm still under contract hopefully this won't effect me till I'm month to month.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 2014-07-24 18.25.15.jpg
    2014-07-24 18.25.15.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 144

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Better yet hopefully this is just disinformation.

Posted via Android Central App

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

Just read your contract it is all there.

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Like I said my wife's line is under contract and will suffer an ETF until September of 2015. My line is month to month, no ETF. I will be using a loophole to go under contract (suffer ETF) in September when the Note 4 comes out.

I will review the contracts again and see if this language is included. I will read the contract in September when I get the new phone. Both lines are unlimited data and will stay unlimited.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC