Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Network Optimization: Throttling unlimited data LTE users (October 2014)

Default re: Damn you verizon (possible throttling of future LTE for off contract unlimited uber-users)

Sweet that is simply awesome.
    Thanked by 2:
    A895 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default re: Damn you verizon (possible throttling of future LTE for off contract unlimited uber-users)

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Sweet that is simply awesome.
    More than they pay for? If you pay for unlimited, you get unlimited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cnotes2019 View Post
    More than they pay for? If you pay for unlimited, you get unlimited

Not anymore. I could go on to explain the "fair-usage" clause within the unlimited contract but I am guessing you have not read the unlimited contract.
    Thanked by 2:
    A895 likes this.

In order to see reduced speeds, you have to be a customer that meets all of the criteria below (again, ALL of the criteria):

Top 5% of data users (you use 4.7GB of data per month or more)
    Enrolled on an unlimited data plan or feature
    Have fulfilled their minimum contract term
    Are attempting to use data on a cell site that is experiencing high demand
    shortwave8669 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by pnjabimunda8 View Post
    In order to see reduced speeds, you have to be a customer that meets all of the criteria below (again, ALL of the criteria):

Top 5% of data users (you use 4.7GB of data per month or more)
    Enrolled on an unlimited data plan or feature
    Have fulfilled their minimum contract term
    Are attempting to use data on a cell site that is experiencing high demand
    That's nice that they said that but this can open up all kinds of acts by verizon to throttle anyone anytime

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Not anymore. I could go on to explain the "fair-usage" clause within the unlimited contract but I am guessing you have not read the unlimited contract.
    I don't believe in Santa clause and I don't believe in that clause you speak of

I pay them $60 month for unlimited data and tethering and use average 8 gigs month, and they are going to consider me high usage...I'm paying double, I should get double their average. I don't think 8 gigs is abusing the system or going over fair usage for $60 month, really that's a pretty penny for 8 gigs data.

And let's look at the big picture, tiered plans will get attacked next, Verizon is just greedy, greedy, greedy. How excited are we for volte now.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cnotes2019 View Post
    I don't believe in Santa clause and I don't believe in that clause you speak of

If it's in a contract it's in a contract. You not believing in it isn't going to make it go away.
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.
    A895 likes this.

I wonder how this will effect those of us that use the loopholes to get a subsidized phone and keep unlimited data. If we stay under contract no throttling? Will they just close the loopholes?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    I wonder how this will effect those of us that use the loopholes to get a subsidized phone and keep unlimited data. If we stay under contract no throttling? Will they just close the loopholes?
    You were only under the contract the first 2 years. No one with unlimited plans are "under" contract anymore.

"under"=Have not fulfilled their minimum contract term.

You were only under the contract the first 2 years. No one with unlimited plans are under contract anymore.
    You are mistaken. My wife is under contract until September 2015. I plan on using a loophole to go under contract in September.
    Thanked by 2:
    thefanmyj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    You are mistaken. My wife is under contract until September 2015. I plan on using a loophole to go under contract in September.
    You are mistaken because you have fulfilled the minimum contract term. Maintaining it past that point does not avoid "Network Optimization".

The only period of time you are under contract is when you suffer an ETF for canceling that plan.
    A895 likes this.

You are mistaken because you have fulfilled the minimum contract term. Maintaining it past that point does not avoid "Network Optimization".

The only period of time you are under contract is when you suffer an ETF for canceling that plan.
    That is what he is saying, if he cancelled his line he would pay a ETF

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

But if you use the loophole to get subsided phone and extend the contract you do suffer an etf if you cancel the plan .....

I'm still under contract hopefully this won't effect me till I'm month to month.

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Network Optimization: Throttling unlimited data LTE users (October 2014)-2014-07-24-18.25.15.jpg  

Better yet hopefully this is just disinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by alxarambula View Post
    Better yet hopefully this is just disinformation.

It's Verizon, doubtful.

Just read your contract it is all there.
    A895 likes this.

Like I said my wife's line is under contract and will suffer an ETF until September of 2015. My line is month to month, no ETF. I will be using a loophole to go under contract (suffer ETF) in September when the Note 4 comes out.

I will review the contracts again and see if this language is included. I will read the contract in September when I get the new phone. Both lines are unlimited data and will stay unlimited.

Just read your contract it is all there.
    Dude, he is in a contract with ETF. Black and white.

What I think is being misunderstood here is that even if you and your wife are on the same account each line has separate contracts because the contracts are by line not per account. So adding a new phone to one line doesn't renew both contracts. Even switching the new phone does not renew the other lines contract. This is why the loophole even works.
    A895 likes this.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

What I think is being misunderstood here is that even if you and your wife are on the same account each line has separate contracts because the contracts are by line not per account. So adding a new phone to one line doesn't renew both contracts. Even switching the new phone does not renew the other lines contract. This is why the loophole even works.
    Simply put if you use the best buy method you will extend the contract on each line it's done on. Or if you transfer an upgrade to a non UDP you do in fact extend the contract on the UDP line....

Thanked by:

I hope you enjoy your "Network Optimization". Unlimited contracts will not be able to avoid it .
    A895 likes this.

IIRC, when they put Network Optimization in affect originally, it only affected those that were put in contract
    after the change was implemented. For those still in a contract beyond October, we may be OK, though I think Verizon also has provisions to modify existing contracts at any time, but that could also allow people to escape without an ETF. However, if you have unlimited data most people don't want to go anywhere.
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast