Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default EDGE: How beat up was your returned phone?

Customers have been able to edge up for a bit now and I'm curious what condition your returned phone was in.

I recall the edge contract states it needed to be in good, working condition.

So what did your phone look like and what is acceptable wear and tear for the upgrade process? I hope to use edge to upgrade in a week or so

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: EDGE: How beat up was your returned phone?

I'm not on Edge but if I ever was to go that route (doubtful) they would be getting back a phone in as close to mint condition as possible because I take really good care of my phones.

Same thing with my leased vehicles, but I only put about 3,000 to 5,000 miles a year on my vehicles. They do get enough free German Shepherd fur to knit about a dozen sweaters to keep them warm in our frigid WI winters as a bonus, though!
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

Quote Originally Posted by ahamick View Post
    Customers have been able to edge up for a bit now and I'm curious what condition your returned phone was in.

I recall the edge contract states it needed to be in good, working condition.

So what did your phone look like and what is acceptable wear and tear for the upgrade process? I hope to use edge to upgrade in a week or so
    I would assume that they expect the phones to be blemish free or as close to blemish free as possible.
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,295 Global Posts

They should be returned without anything severe like dents, major scratches or cracks.

Had a rep tell me I could swap a dumb phone back onto my acct and use that as the turned in unit...and keep my DNA. I am really thinkin about it. My kid would love to have my DNA. Opinions? Anybody else done it?

sent from my Nos M7 DNA
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I doubt you will be able to trade in a dumb phone to pay off the balance on a smart phone. I had trouble trading in my Droid MAXX with edge because it had a different IMEI (received a replacement directly from Motorola through their repair service)

The store manager was able to make a call and accepted my phone for edge. My droid maxx had one or two discreet scratches on the screen, no dents or dings but the Kevlar backing had been rubbed down a bit on all four corners from removing and inserting my phone from my TPU case.

rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,295 Global Posts

the four corners weren't rubbed off, that's part of the design as shock bumpers. all maxx phones look like theyre rubbed off

Quote Originally Posted by ahamick View Post
    I doubt you will be able to trade in a dumb phone to pay off the balance on a smart phone. I had trouble trading in my Droid MAXX with edge because it had a different IMEI (received a replacement directly from Motorola through their repair service)

The store manager was able to make a call and accepted my phone for edge. My droid maxx had one or two discreet scratches on the screen, no dents or dings but the Kevlar backing had been rubbed down a bit on all four corners from removing and inserting my phone from my TPU case.