Who still has the "Talk/Text/Data" $20 promo?

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Still on my five lines - four unlimited and one 6gb Maxx. Saves me $100 each month just for the data.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
Lucky. And after 25th u can still xfer upgrades bc you have a 30$ non unlimited plan. You are the luckiest customer on earth lol.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

jmayer77

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
does the $20 discount stay if you switch to a 2GB plan (seems like people with the 6GB Max plan have had success)? I'm considering switching one of my unlimited lines to 2GB so I can transfer upgrades with all these terrible new rules..

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
That's a humongous mistake if you do that. You cannot transfer a UDP line's upgrade to a TDP line and keep UDP. That ended August 25th.

Do not be fooled by people spouting off here saying you can do it; you cannot and they are trying to lure others into doing it to see what will happen so they will know for themselves and you will be screwed not them. They have never done it themselves, and until someone posts screen shots showing what happens now you should not attempt this. Do not fall for that nonsense. There is no reason to believe this still works and you can read my explanation as to why here.

However, the Best Buy Method still works. You don't need to downgrade a UDP line to use the Best Buy Method.

The Best Buy Method is the ONLY method that still works after the 24th of August and does NOT require you to give up a UDP line.

I'm glad someone understands this so let me ask you this. Please answer to the best of your knowledge!

My father and I are on 2 separate accounts. He has a More Everything plan with unlimited minutes, text and 250 MB of data on a basic "flip" phone line.

I have a $60 a month loyalty plan with unlimited minutes and text + 2 GB of data. I'm currently using a Galaxy S5.

In the past, I'd use his upgrade so I could upgrade without losing my unlimited data. Now, I have given up the data plan so I can upgrade my line. The issue becomes would I ALSO still be able to use his upgrade under the new rules even though he doesn't carry a data plan? Or would doing so force him to carry a data plan thus making this pointless?

Thank you for any help. :)

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

mgautney

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm hoping someone can help me!

Scenario: I have 3 lines on UDP and each line has the $20 Talk/Text/Data promo (two lines are iPhone 5 and third is iPhone 4). I've been afraid to change anything for years in fear of losing our great rate ($159 for 3 lines UDP and sharing 1400 mins). When we upgraded to iPhone 5 we just paid full price for each phone.

I'd like to updgrade to an iPhone 6 or 6plus while keeping UDP and $20 promo for each. If nothing esle I'd like to update at least one phone. Any way to avoid paying full price on a new one? I also notice that it's not even an option for Verizon to purchase an out of contract 6 or 6 plus. Thanks in advance for the help!!

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Scenario: I have 3 lines on UDP and each line has the $20 Talk/Text/Data promo (two lines are iPhone 5 and third is iPhone 4). I've been afraid to change anything for years in fear of losing our great rate ($159 for 3 lines UDP and sharing 1400 mins). When we upgraded to iPhone 5 we just paid full price for each phone.

I'd like to updgrade to an iPhone 6 or 6plus while keeping UDP and $20 promo for each. If nothing esle I'd like to update at least one phone. Any way to avoid paying full price on a new one? I also notice that it's not even an option for Verizon to purchase an out of contract 6 or 6 plus. Thanks in advance for the help!!
Follow this method.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=3873098

ginger_ale

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site

Verizon still has the no contract iphone 6. That's what i bought. You have to filter it to show the no contract price on the left side when you are choosing your phone.

dbernie41

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I have this plan and never known if we can use our phone as a mobile hotspot or not. I was thinking that it cost extra with this plan. Can anyone confirm or tell me what the case is?

ginger_ale

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
So I have this for 4 lines on my phone. Did anyone ever add a line after they got this discount and have it apply to the 5th line?

The promo is long gone. You will not get the same promo for your 5th line. I have 3 lines with this promo and added a 4th line that's why i know.

doitinthedirt

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I have had it since 2011, you can change minute plans, I did from 1400 to 2000 a year ago and it didn't affect my discounts. I added the 5th line at the same time a year ago and still have the $20 discount on each data plan and the employer 20% off main plan. Good stuff 5 lines unlimited data and texts but 2000 minute limit, averages 42 bucks a line, almost 5 grand in savings since getting on it in 2011, all because someone posted info of it on my Union message board!

Attachments

• adfv.jpg
    adfv.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 51

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have it on 4 lines. Most of us were never suppose to get that discount. I was told no 4 times, 5th time got a rep to say yes. 😀

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I have it on 4 lines. Most of us were never suppose to get that discount. I was told no 4 times, 5th time got a rep to say yes. 😀

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

I initially wasn't eligible and was out of contract. When I called I was first denied. I threatened to cancel and they gave it to me on both lines and even asked if I wanted to add a third. I just had to extend my contract another year. Will never give it up!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781