Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Who still has the "Talk/Text/Data" $20 promo?

Just curious who still has this promo in place! If you're not sure what it is, you likely don't have it.

I have had the promo for a long time and saw it mentioned on the " Damn you Verizon " thread today. I looked up when i first got the promo and sure enough... October 2010! That's almost 4 years!

Two phones, 48 months, $20 off per line per month... Nearly 2k saved over the past four years (not counting any additional taxes)!

It makes losing my corporate discount awhile back sting a little bit less!

And if you still have the promo (good through 2038, I believe?), does that transfer over if you choose to go (or are forced) to go tiered? Not that I'm planning on it... Just wondering. :-)

I still have it on 2 phones. I have heard of people keeping it when they went to 2gb. I don't know if it works of they get the Maxx 6gb plan.

I really wish I could of went back and add a third line. I would of loved an extra unlimited sim to stick in a tablet.
    Thanked by:
    Beka27 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Who still has the "Talk/Text/Data" $20 promo?

I know! I'm right there with you about wishing i had added a 3rd line! Oh well... Least we have it on 2 lines!

Sent from my VS985 4G using AC Forums mobile app

I still have it on three lines such a great deal!

Posted via Android Central App

When you do the upgrade using the BB method do retain the discount?

I have only upgraded using a third line. I would think the best buy method would be ok. The change order is not implemented.

I upgraded using bestbuy back in October... And yes i kept my 20 dollars promo.

I still have it. Gotta love $65 a month.

Sent from my VS985 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Deleted
    Last edited by alxarambula; 08-01-2014 at 03:00 AM.

I have a 4th line that is a dumb phone that I use to upgrade still have my discount

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

I still have it on my 2 lines!!

Yes I still have my discount I wish I had four unlimited lines I'd rent them out

Beka27 likes this.

Jealous. How'd you get it

Quote Originally Posted by jfriend33 View Post
    Jealous. How'd you get it
    It was a promo several years ago. You had to call a special number. It ran for a couple months.

What would my bill be if I would have gotten the discount? Have 2 unlimited and 3 feature lines sharing 1400 mins for 240 a month with tax

I had it but I let it go because at the time I had unlimited data, talk and text. This was great but even with the discount I paid around $120. By dropping it, I went on the $60 loyalty plan and haven't looked back. That discount saved me a good amount of money though!

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Quote Originally Posted by jfriend33 View Post
    What would my bill be if I would have gotten the discount? Have 2 unlimited and 3 feature lines sharing 1400 mins for 240 a month with tax
    $40 less each month

I have it on both my lines. Hopefully it never ends!!

I still have it on all 4 lines. 3 unlimited and one 6 gig. That's $80 savings a month.

Posted via the Android Central App

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Still on my five lines - four unlimited and one 6gb Maxx. Saves me $100 each month just for the data.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by sspartan View Post
    Still on my five lines - four unlimited and one 6gb Maxx. Saves me $100 each month just for the data.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Lucky. And after 25th u can still xfer upgrades bc you have a 30$ non unlimited plan. You are the luckiest customer on earth lol.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

does the $20 discount stay if you switch to a 2GB plan (seems like people with the 6GB Max plan have had success)? I'm considering switching one of my unlimited lines to 2GB so I can transfer upgrades with all these terrible new rules..

Quote Originally Posted by Wansanta View Post
    That's a humongous mistake if you do that. You cannot transfer a UDP line's upgrade to a TDP line and keep UDP. That ended August 25th.

Do not be fooled by people spouting off here saying you can do it; you cannot and they are trying to lure others into doing it to see what will happen so they will know for themselves and you will be screwed not them. They have never done it themselves, and until someone posts screen shots showing what happens now you should not attempt this. Do not fall for that nonsense. There is no reason to believe this still works and you can read my explanation as to why here.

However, the Best Buy Method still works. You don't need to downgrade a UDP line to use the Best Buy Method.

The Best Buy Method is the ONLY method that still works after the 24th of August and does NOT require you to give up a UDP line.
    I'm glad someone understands this so let me ask you this. Please answer to the best of your knowledge!

My father and I are on 2 separate accounts. He has a More Everything plan with unlimited minutes, text and 250 MB of data on a basic "flip" phone line.

I have a $60 a month loyalty plan with unlimited minutes and text + 2 GB of data. I'm currently using a Galaxy S5.

In the past, I'd use his upgrade so I could upgrade without losing my unlimited data. Now, I have given up the data plan so I can upgrade my line. The issue becomes would I ALSO still be able to use his upgrade under the new rules even though he doesn't carry a data plan? Or would doing so force him to carry a data plan thus making this pointless?

Thank you for any help.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

I'm hoping someone can help me!

Scenario: I have 3 lines on UDP and each line has the $20 Talk/Text/Data promo (two lines are iPhone 5 and third is iPhone 4). I've been afraid to change anything for years in fear of losing our great rate ($159 for 3 lines UDP and sharing 1400 mins). When we upgraded to iPhone 5 we just paid full price for each phone.

I'd like to updgrade to an iPhone 6 or 6plus while keeping UDP and $20 promo for each. If nothing esle I'd like to update at least one phone. Any way to avoid paying full price on a new one? I also notice that it's not even an option for Verizon to purchase an out of contract 6 or 6 plus. Thanks in advance for the help!!

Quote Originally Posted by mgautney View Post
    I'm hoping someone can help me!

Scenario: I have 3 lines on UDP and each line has the $20 Talk/Text/Data promo (two lines are iPhone 5 and third is iPhone 4). I've been afraid to change anything for years in fear of losing our great rate ($159 for 3 lines UDP and sharing 1400 mins). When we upgraded to iPhone 5 we just paid full price for each phone.

I'd like to updgrade to an iPhone 6 or 6plus while keeping UDP and $20 promo for each. If nothing esle I'd like to update at least one phone. Any way to avoid paying full price on a new one? I also notice that it's not even an option for Verizon to purchase an out of contract 6 or 6 plus. Thanks in advance for the help!!
    Follow this method.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=3873098
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast