Best Buy, Unlimited Data, and Store Pickup. Will this work?
1. I can go on the website and transfer my unlimited data line upgrade to my basic line. If I set it up like that and they activate my phone in the store, with the sim card that came in the phone, will I lose unlimited data, since I am transferring the upgrade from the UDP lline to the basic line ahead of time?
2. Does anyone know if Best Buy will allow an authorized user to pickup a website order? Assuming I pay for it and they are authorized on my account and have ID, will Best Buy allow them to pickup the phone and activate it?
Once it is activated, I am assuming I can remove the device from my line and allow them to activate it on any line they want.
I appreciate any help that people are willing to provide.
- 08-06-2014, 04:59 AM #2
- 425 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Just wanted to report that I was able to successfully transfer an upgrade from a UDP line to a basic line through Best Buys website. It operated exactly as if I had initiated the transfer through Verizonwireless.com.
I was able to successfully keep unlimited data on the UDP line and extended its contract to August 6, 2014. My basic line got the tiered data plan and kept it's original upgrade date.
I still recommend and prefer upgrading through Verizonwireless.com simply because I knew 100% going in that the loophole works. Now I know it also works through bestbuy.com but didn't know at the time what the outcome would be. Best Buys website also makes it difficult to select other higher tiered data plans or insurance. My motivation for taking the risk was because Best Buy had the phone for $100 less than Verizonwireless.com. It's ironic in that Verizon just brought back their recent 50% off Sale. If I had known, I could've easily gotten refunded for the amount since I was still within my 14 days.
As it stands I am all tapped out of upgrades and all of my udp lines are in contract. I am cautiously waiting to see if I will be throttled after October 1st
For those still looking to utilize the upgrade loophole and keep unlimited data, Best Buy and Verizonwireless.com are your friends.
- 08-07-2014, 02:26 AM #4
- By androidbrother16 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 08-10-2014, 06:51 PM
- By amilatn in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-06-2014, 11:31 PM
- By Qonita Syahira in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-06-2014, 02:09 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-06-2014, 01:02 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-06-2014, 12:52 AM