Giving up UDP for the 6/8 gig a month plan?

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Not that I'm seriously considering it at the moment, but on the off chance, it has been mentioned to me by Verizon staff that if I finally upgrade my line and lose my UDP, I can get 6 or 8 gig a month plan. Now, is that only through Edge, or whatever, or if asked for/mentioned, is it a consolation prize of sorts for giving up UDP? And, if only through Edge, does that mean I'm stuck paying 30/month for just 2 freaking gigs?

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Not that I'm seriously considering it at the moment, but on the off chance, it has been mentioned to me by Verizon staff that if I finally upgrade my line and lose my UDP, I can get 6 or 8 gig a month plan. Now, is that only through Edge, or whatever, or if asked for/mentioned, is it a consolation prize of sorts for giving up UDP? And, if only through Edge, does that mean I'm stuck paying 30/month for just 2 freaking gigs?

I don't believe it's via edge.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
ita, it is the data max plan. If you go to edge, you won't get that.

Not sure if the data max plan will survive a subsidized upgrade 2 years from now, though.

The Verizon Max 6 GB/$30 used to be Edge only but now they allow it for those that are on regular 2 year pricing and upgrade and lose their UDP. So, either way, you should be covered, but I would keep UDP until we hear more information about how optimization works in the real world after October 1st.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I had UL data plan and did this (6GB/mo Max plan) last November. I didn't need the UL anymore as I had finally been able to get home internet. When I check my account on "my Verizon" it shows I'm eligible for a subsidized upgrade in November 2015. So looks like I get it, but who really knows? The reps also confirmed I would be able to get it on the max plan FWIW.
I didn't mind losing UL as I knew it was only a matter of time before throttling was implemented. Was also getting tired of paying full retail for phones with no end to that in sight. I had been throttled on my older 3G phone and it was constantly terrible because it goes into the next billing cycle as well and from what they're saying LTE throttling will be the same way. Using WiFi at home is cool beans for me now on my phone now that I have it available. I usually don't go over 4GB and never pay attention much to my usage and if I should sometime its another $10/GB. Not a big deal. I'm happy with it this way.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site

Just use a loophole and upgrade, and keep unlimited data! :D

Posted via Galaxy S5

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Trust me, at this point I'm more just likely to use swappa/ebay, to get a Note 3/4 down the road, and then just sell my Note 2 for whatever to eat up some of my expenditures.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They'll give you that plan for 2 years... After that you go to the regular "more everything" plan.