Will the Motorola Moto G be able to be activated on my Verizon account?

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I realize that the Moto G is primarily for Verizon Wireless prepaid account users but was just curious as to whether it could be activated on any Verizon Wireless account and just not for prepaid users.

I'm getting fed up with my Samsung Galaxy S3 with the battery charging issues. Anytime I'm at work, my phone acts like it's charging but the level of charge drains very quickly on me. I just went through about an hour of troubleshooting with a very nice VZW customer service rep but sh3 could not connect to my phone because I didn't have a good signal at work. I'm supposed to email her when I get off work so we can try some more troubleshooting.

I'm seriously thinking of switching to a Moto G because I can get one of those at Walmart and just cut my losses with this S3. I just want to know if it can be done.

Any help you all could give me in this would definitely be greatly appreciated.

Cindy

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It's hit or miss. I know people have been able to activate the prepaid Moto G on post-paid. I don't get any errors when I attempt to (haven't gone all the way though). But I know Moderator dpham00 gets errors when he tried to activate on postpaid.

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
That's what I thought but I was kind of hoping that it could be done.

I'm almost at my wits end on the issues with my Samsung Galaxy S3. I love the phone but the battery issues are getting me frustrated beyond belief. I thought that I had it all resolved but then today it came up again. I'm just trying to find a cheap phone that I can activate on my account so that I don't have to deal with the BS with this phone. I'm only staying with Verizon until June 25, 2015 when my contract is up and then weigh my options about going to a prepaid provider. Life's too short for this crap!

Cindy

JulesJam

Banned
Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I realize that the Moto G is primarily for Verizon Wireless prepaid account users but was just curious as to whether it could be activated on any Verizon Wireless account and just not for prepaid users.
this guy claims to have done it on a share everything plan.

But unless it is a 4G LTE Moto G, it is going to be slow as heck on verizon's ridiculously slow 3G network.

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
this guy claims to have done it on a share everything plan.

But unless it is a 4G LTE Moto G, it is going to be slow as heck on verizon's ridiculously slow 3G network.

I had seen that thread. It sounds like he had additional lines to work with. I don't have any extra lines to play with and don't want to add any additional lines even though it's just $10 per line. I pay enough to them as it is.
Switched battery out on my phone to a different one and it's working like a champ now (knock on wood).

Personally don't want to drop $100 on a phone for just a possibility of being able to activate it on the Verizon Wireless network. Too risky for me and I don't want to have to deal with the heartache of it if this doesn't work. When I buy phones off of e-bay, I always look for one with a clean esn so that I know that it can be activated on Verizon.

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
It is possibly they might be able use it but not activate it. Kind like the nexus 7 LTE. They would not activate it but if you had an active sim it would work.
I am only speculating.

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Right now, I'm happy with my phone. Phone is currently charging up like it should. Keeping fingers crossed that I'm not back to square one at work on Monday.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech