$60/2gb Single Line Plan promotion is over already....

crump13

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I called Verizon on Saturday Aug 16th to switch over to the $60/2gb plan since I'm on a more everything plan with 3gb data and barely use 1gb a month since I'm on wifi most of the time. When I called to inquire on this plan to see if there would be anything i would be losing if I switch over (other than the 1gb of data) the rep asked how I heard about this plan as it is a promotional plan. I was surprised he asks as it is listed on the verizon wireless site when you click on single line plans. Apparently he wasn't aware that it was out there for the public to see.

So here is what I lose by switching (which is not an issue for me): you lose the ability to use mobile hotspot that you have on the more everything plan, you lose the international texting that was added to the more everything plans and if you have an employers discount it doesn't apply to this plan at all since it is already discounted, so I lost that discount but I am still paying less than what I was before with the discount by $26 a month, and the last thing you lose is the cloud data is 5gb vs the 25gb that I had with the more everything plan but I don't use it anyway.

So I figured this was a good move to switch over and if I ever go over the data plan by 1gb I'm still ahead of the game even with the $15 overage fee, since I'm saving $26 a month on this plan ($312 per year savings).

Today, looks like the promotion is over.... I went online to view my bill and double check on some info on the new plan ($60/2gb) and the website has been updated to a $60/1gb or $75/2gb plan options. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ns/single-line-data-plans.html&token=BucPZeoJ

I called verizon to make sure that on my new billing cycle on Aug 24th that I will still get the $60/2gb plan and they said yes but that promotion is no longer available for new requests. Seems like it was a quick promotion. So now it is $15 more if you want the 2gb package. They are still offering $10 off each package if you are on edge but I'm not on edge so that doesn't benefit me.

I notice the FAQs still has the reference to the $60/2gb plan only $60/2 GB Smartphone Single Line Plan FAQs | Verizon Wireless They haven't updated that info online just yet.

Good thing I acted quickly on that promotion or I would have lost out on $15 a month for the 2gb plan.

~Tina~

Last edited:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Wow. Strange that they would end it so soon. How long did it last?
At least you were able to jump on the deal while it lasted. I'm sure there were others who were planning on doing it, and if this is true a lot of them missed out because VZW decided to end it so quickly.

anon(3092520)

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
It is most definitely not over, as I just changed to this plan. Even better, I didn't even have to upgrade my phone or enter into a new 2 year agreement in order to do it.

crump13

May 12, 2010
Visit site
It is most definitely not over, as I just changed to this plan. Even better, I didn't even have to upgrade my phone or enter into a new 2 year agreement in order to do it.

I didn't have to upgrade my phone or sign a new 2 year contract when I changed either. The wierd thing is that when I pull up verizonwireless.com and go to single line plans on my work laptop, it get the $60/1gb and $75/2gb options but now that I'm home and pull up the same link I get the $60/2gb option only. i don't know if I am pulling up my internet history but I did do a refresh and hit F5 to refresh the webpage on my laptop at home but I still get the $60/2gb info. I'll have to check it again at work tomorrow.

The verizon rep on the phone this afternoon told me that promotion was over, but then again that was a verizon rep so you have to take what they say with a grain of salt.

Hopefully the promotion isn't over and it is still going on and it was a fluke that I pulled up those two different single line plans. Glad that you were able to still get it.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Looks just like my Loyalty Plan except each additional gig costs $10 rather than $15 on your plan. The same restrictions apply such as no hotspot but I don't use it.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Crump13 try clearing your browser cache. If the old page is cached that's what you'll see until it clears out on its own.

fmw0987

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
A few months ago, after becoming the only user on my account, I discovered the single line plan, with an option of either 1 gig for $60, or 2 for $75. It wouldn't allow me to switch it online (even though it listed "visit the website" as an option to change it), so I called to sign up for the 2GB/$75 plan. The rep asked where I saw this offer and said it was promotional for some customers. I informed her that it was listed on the main page under browse plans, without even having to sign in, and after arguing this fact she finally gave me this "special promotion" since I've been a customer for several years. So first of all, it sounds like Verizon doesnt have their employees very well informed.

Secondly, I read something yesterday that I saw on Yahoo that talked about how mobile carriers are lowering their pricing, and it mentioned that Verizon would have a single line plan with 2GB for $60, which they said was lowered from $90. So I went to Verizon's site to see if there was any info on it yet, and if I would have to do anything to get the discounted price since I was already on the same plan. The single line page showed one option: 2GB for $60. I thought, "cool, it's already available. I'll log in and see if I can switch to the lower priced option". When I signed in and went to the same page, the same two options were available as when I originally changed to this plan: 1GB/$60 or 2GB/$75. Then I went to the change plan page, which said the offer I have isn't available online, and to call customer service or choose a different option listed. It didn't surprise me, since I had to speak to someone the first time, but I had to do something else and decided to look again later.

Today I got on the My Verizon app on my phone to see if I could find anything out that way. I went to "change plan", and lo and behold, it gave me the option to change to unlimited minutes for $60. The only problem is that minutes, texts, and data all have to be selected separately, and while I can choose unlimited texting for $0.00, under data it tells me there are no options available.

I'm wondering if I have to deal with another misinformed rep on the phone, or if the discount will show up on my bill automatically. I don't want to have to wait until my next statement to find out though, because that's just another month of paying $20 extra when I may not have to. Does anyone have any ideas or further information about this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And if you're not currently on a plan, you can switch to the Verizon network on Straight Talk and get 3GB at full speed (and unlimited but throttled after that) for $45/month. Check Straight Talk Compatibility Test to see if your individual phone (it depends on the ESN) can be used for Straight Talk.

anon(3092520)

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
fmw0987

Call customer service and ask for the $60 single line loyalty plan with unlimited talk/text and 2GB of data. It's in their system and it shouldn't be a problem.

One thing though, it will require a 1 year extension to your contract end date. I was mistaken earlier up the thread by saying it didn't.

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I entered info correctly and it says it is not available in my area. We have Verizon here. I thought Straight Talk used Sprint network. Is it perhaps not available here for the reason that this area is not a "Straight Talk- Verizon" area?