Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I wonder how many people still have UDP....

I used 6.5 gigs since August 1st, no way in hell am I giving up UDP till they actually pull the plug on it.

Default Re: I wonder how many people still have UDP....

From a post by Almeuit (here), looks like about 22% still have Verizon unlimited data.

I'm with you though, not voluntarily giving up mine either and plan to keep it until it's no longer an option.

Quote Originally Posted by JnEricsonx View Post
    I used 6.5 gigs since August 1st, no way in hell am I giving up UDP till they actually pull the plug on it.
    I don't blame you... I am on T-Mobile but love the unlimited data. Below is my usage so far... I reset on the 7th of every month .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I wonder how many people still have UDP....-1408409321540.jpg  
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Is T-Mobile better now? I live and work across Putnam and Westchester counties in New York, and back when I worked at the dreaded place that starts with Radio and should end with S--T not Shack, T-Mobile was regarded either as 4th best or 3rd, behind Verizon and Sprint, then it was Tmobile and ATT bouncing back and forth. So, Sprint and Tmobile offer UDP?

Quote Originally Posted by JnEricsonx View Post
    Is T-Mobile better now? I live and work across Putnam and Westchester counties in New York, and back when I worked at the dreaded place that starts with Radio and should end with S--T not Shack, T-Mobile was regarded either as 4th best or 3rd, behind Verizon and Sprint, then it was Tmobile and ATT bouncing back and forth. So, Sprint and Tmobile offer UDP?
    Just depends on your area. For my area T-Mobile is great.. LTE pretty much everywhere and if not.. HSPA. Some areas though T-Mobile is bad... Especially outside of big metro areas.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

I might switch to T-Mobile depending on how bad Verizon Throttles me. I hope the FCC stops them some how.

Posted via Android Central App

I thought VZW only throttled 3G?

I'm still unlimited. I've used 25GB for this month.

Quote Originally Posted by replica9000 View Post
    I thought VZW only throttled 3G?

I'm still unlimited. I've used 25GB for this month.
    They've updated it now to include LTE customers along with their 3g customers.

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizo...unlimited-data

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    They've updated it now to include LTE customers along with their 3g customers.

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizo...unlimited-data
    Well that sucks. The only time I can think of that I've been throttled, is when I used 80GB on 3G. I felt like I was back on dial-up near the end of that month.

I recently had to change my plan so I could have unlimited minutes. To get that with Verizon I would lose my unlimited data. Solution was to go to the uncarrier. New phones, unlimited everything and so far I see no throttling. Verizon wouldn't offer me the phone minutes so my decision was easy. So far me and my family are happy here. Thank you Verizon.

Posted via the Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by nodzarf View Post
    I recently had to change my plan so I could have unlimited minutes. To get that with Verizon I would lose my unlimited data. Solution was to go to the uncarrier. New phones, unlimited everything and so far I see no throttling. Verizon wouldn't offer me the phone minutes so my decision was easy. So far me and my family are happy here. Thank you Verizon.

That's weird. I can get unlimited minutes, though it is pretty expensive on my Verizon family plan. Unfortunately, Tmobile's unlimited everything doesn't include unlimited hotspot, so I am on Verizon with UDP and umhs. But if you don't need umhs or unlimited tablet data then tmobile is a good choice, if it has good service where you need it.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

Quote Originally Posted by nodzarf View Post

As Dpham said, they should've allowed you to switch to a single line nationwide plan with unlimited minutes, though I believe it would be $69.99 and an additional $29.99 for the data. Texting would also be extra.

This was am old 1400 minute family plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Wansanta View Post
    Anyone who still has a UDP line has an old family share plan or old individual plan if only 1 line. I have an old family share plan and I can switch the number of minutes to share without losing UDP.

The rep you spoke to either didn't know what they were doing or they outright lied to you in order to get you off of UDP - they get bonuses for doing that. Call back and try to get this reversed before 2 weeks are up.
    Matter of fact Verizon called me 3 days after I left, asking me to come back, and offering credits but still wouldn't let me switch to unlimited minutes and keep my unlimited data. Unlimited minutes plans are in the share everything plans and don't have the unlimited data available. I'm good with the change. Now my wife can have a smartphone without having to pay 30 bucks for a plan and I still have unlimited data. Service and speed have been good. Happy happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wansanta View Post
    I am glad you are happy but those of us with legacy plans and UDP can bump our minutes up to unlimited minutes without losing our UDP. That is an option that is available to us and was available to you BEFORE some rep blundered or lied to you. Now they won't give it back to you because it sounds like you left verizon and came back.
    I have an individual plan w/ 900 min and UDP. I've tried several times with customer service to up my minutes and been told that any change i make would result in losing UDP.

Quote Originally Posted by sftl97 View Post
    I have an individual plan w/ 900 min and UDP. I've tried several times with customer service to up my minutes and been told that any change i make would result in losing UDP.
    Have you ever tried making changes to your account online?

Quote Originally Posted by diesteldorf View Post
    Have you ever tried making changes to your account online?
    It is available to me as of today.

I didn't actually switch but I just selected the option. I have the 550 minute loyalty family share plan, and cannot switch back to it online, if I got off of it.

The 550 minute plan is $10 cheaper than the 700 minute plan

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3