Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: Verizon announces VoLTE in the upcoming weeks

LG G2 on Verizon Got the update as well! I have ALREADY Activated it on my Device... Sadly i do not know any S5, G2 or IPHONE 6 owners at the moment... So i cannot test it out and see how the call quality works.. But here are some screen shots
    Verizon announces VoLTE in the upcoming weeks-screenshot_2014-09-15-22-02-11.jpgVerizon announces VoLTE in the upcoming weeks-screenshot_2014-09-15-22-02-31.jpgVerizon announces VoLTE in the upcoming weeks-screenshot_2014-09-15-22-20-50.jpg
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #77  

Quote Originally Posted by sierrajinx9 View Post
    LG G2 on Verizon Got the update as well! I have ALREADY Activated it on my Device... Sadly i do not know any S5, G2 or IPHONE 6 owners at the moment... So i cannot test it out.. But here are some screen shots
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-15-22-02-11.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	136751Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-15-22-02-31.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	149.9 KB 
ID:	136752Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-15-22-20-50.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	136753
    Why would you need to know them? VoLTE will still work for you.. Regardless of the other persons connection. VoLTE only effects how you connect to the call.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

A VOLTE Call can only occur when Both Parties are on The LTE Network and have VOLTE Phones... a VoLTE HD Call cannot connect with a standard Call on the older network! That is why i said, i cannot test out the quality of a VoLTE Call unless you know someone with a VoLTE Device
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #79  

A VOLTE Call can only occur when Both Parties are on The LTE Network and have VOLTE Phones... a VoLTE HD Call cannot connect with a standard Call on the older network! That is why i said, i cannot test out the quality of a VoLTE Call unless you know someone with a VoLTE Device
    Oh wow guess you're right ... Very weird on Verizon's part. T-Mobile VoLTE doesn't matter about the other person .... If my phone can do it and the network in my area can do it ... It works. Regardless of the other person.

Weird how Verizon is VoLTE to VoLTE only.

Its all in the networks! GSM-based carriers such as AT&T and T-Mobile US Inc. are able to use a newer feature of LTE called single-radio voice call continuity (eSRVCC) that allows users to move between VoLTE and a 2G/3G connection without dropping the call. Verizon Wireless is instead doing a VoLTE launch across its full 4G footprint, because eSRVCC isn't available for CDMA-based networks.
    Things i do not know... If a VOLTE Call will ever be able to connect to a CDMA Call... So in 2021 when Verizon Turns off its CDMA Network, Will i no longer be able to call Sprint or Us Cellular Customers if they have not come out with VOLTE Yet?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #81  

True... that would make sense as to why they're a little different .

Wish that they would release this for more phones. Anyone made any HD calls yet to report how it sounds?

Posted via Android Central App

So i noticed tonight while updating my plan and features... Under Advanced Data..It does say that Video Calls will be billed as Minutes & Data... Anyone still have "set minutes" anymore? lol

So i noticed tonight while updating my plan and features... Under Advanced Data..It does say that Video Calls will be billed as Minutes & Data... Anyone still have "set minutes" anymore? lol
    Yes, I have the 550 minute family share plan along with unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE data and unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE hotspot. I can get unlimited minutes, but it would cost me a lot more. I can also move to a current plan to get unlimited minutes and unlimited texts but lose unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE data and unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE hotspot, which would cost me even more.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3
    sierrajinx9 likes this.

Has there been any updates to the roll out? I have an M8 and my mate has the Note 3, but neither have received the update for HD calling. I know Verizon was rolling it out over time based on the phone, but I would have thought most compatible phones would have received the update by now.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234