Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default what is my early termination fee if I leave VZW? Two lines on account, both under contract.

what is my early termination fee if I leave VZW? Two lines on account, both under contract. Both are smartphones that I upgraded last year.

Thanks!

Default Re: what is my early termination fee if I leave VZW? Two lines on account, both under contract.

It depends on how much is left on the two year contract on each. When you open a new line after the 14 day remorse period the etf is $350 per line and I believe it goes down as months pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: what is my early termination fee if I leave VZW? Two lines on account, both under contract.

It is reduced by $10 per month of service

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

It also depends on what phone you got under contract.

Smart phone etf is $350

Basic phone etf is $175

And the etf as stated above drops every month, so it depends on how long you have had the contract. If your considering another carrier, check with them, some carriers pay the etf if you switch to them.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Op said he had smartphones. But yeah, basic phone etf is less. Basic phones are reduced by $5 per month of service

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Op said he had smartphones. But yeah, basic phone etf is less. Basic phones are reduced by $5 per month of service

so that's $350 for each line that is still under contract? $700, since I have two... minus the deduction for each month of completed service... oh well.....

Quote Originally Posted by yourphonemyphone View Post
    so that's $350 for each line that is still under contract? $700, since I have two... minus the deduction for each month of completed service... oh well.....
    Correct, $350 per line ($700 for 2 lines), less $10 per line per month of service.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Correct, $350 per line ($700 for 2 lines), less $10 per line per month of service.

I used to have the maximum 5 lines on my family share account. (5 always seemed kind of low, what if I had 19 kids and star on a reality TV show? Even 2nd graders now carry Galaxy Note 3 and S5 phones 24/7... although... if I have 19 kids, cell phone plans are probably the last thing on my mind! )

If all 5 smartphone were under contract, I had to pay up to $1750 in ETF to close the entire account? Yikes! (or if all 19 kids plus the parents all have smartphones, up to $7350 ETF!)

Well, if you move to tmobile then they will pay the etf

Quote Originally Posted by trucksmoveamerica#AC View Post
    It also depends on what phone you got under contract.

Smart phone etf is $350

Basic phone etf is $175

And the etf as stated above drops every month, so it depends on how long you have had the contract. If your considering another carrier, check with them, some carriers pay the etf if you switch to them.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Who is stupid enough to sign a contract with a basic phones. You can buy a decent smartphone for $100.

Quote Originally Posted by aokusman View Post
    Who is stupid enough to sign a contract with a basic phones. You can buy a decent smartphone for $100.
    For those on legacy plans, a basic phone doesn't require a data plan which starts at $30 per for 2gb, or $720 over 2 years

Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts

Well, if you move to tmobile then they will pay the etf

As FYI you pay tax and government surcharge on the ETF, TMo only covers the ETF so you are left covering the remainder.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk