Apple allowing new lines with unlimited?

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Anyone try adding a 6th line to a nationwide talky and text plan. I tried and the phone just shipped. We will see what happens.

Sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk.

Kaiser Droid

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, not seeing it.

After selecting a 16GB grey for Verizon I went under "Existing account" and "add a new line to existing account", then I signed into the account went under the current 1400 minutes, unlimited text plan, then proceeded to the GB allotment for it - but no unlimited. What am I doing wrong? Also, its not after the With Hotspot plans.

Untitled.png

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, not seeing it.

After selecting a 16GB grey for Verizon I went under "Existing account" and "add a new line to existing account", then I signed into the account went under the current 1400 minutes, unlimited text plan, then proceeded to the GB allotment for it - but no unlimited. What am I doing wrong? Also, its not after the With Hotspot plans.

View attachment 143549
Did you click that button a couple times?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414277129271.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1414277129271.png
    642.6 KB · Views: 26

Kaiser Droid

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera..., then Firefox on a tablet. No luck. :'(

Tried clearing caches, enabling all cookies, rebooting the laptop. :-\

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera..., then Firefox on a tablet. No luck. :'(

Tried clearing caches, enabling all cookies, rebooting the laptop. :-\

Did you have a family plan before trying? Or is this an individual line that you're now turning into a family one?

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, not seeing it.

View attachment 143549

Just curious what type of plan do you have? Is it any mobile talk and text? Any promos on the account??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaiser Droid

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
It's a really old family plan, like eight years old. It has a grandfathered unlimited, old $30 a month for 4GB of data line, and two basic lines. And its a shared minutes plan. Also it has three accounts with expired contracts.

Is it not working because the family plan is so old and has two really old data plans on it?

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
It's a really old family plan, like eight years old. It has a grandfathered unlimited, old $30 a month for 4GB of data line, and two basic lines. And its a shared minutes plan. Also it has three accounts with expired contracts.

Is it not working because the family plan is so old and has two really old data plans on it?

You have to have an unlimited data plan to see the iPhone unlimited data

Kaiser Droid

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
You have to have an unlimited data plan to see the iPhone unlimited data

Well, one of the lines is already unlimited... I heard it's possible to port a line from one account to another, is that true? Like my brother has a shared plan, if he can get this to work can I port a line from there to the plan I'm on? Also, I thought I remember something on the macforums about using your old number on the new line, is that possible as well?

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, one of the lines is already unlimited... I heard it's possible to port a line from one account to another, is that true? Like my brother has a shared plan, if he can get this to work can I port a line from there to the plan I'm on? Also, I thought I remember something on the macforums about using your old number on the new line, is that possible as well?
The unlimited line will need to be on an older plan like the nation wide. It will not work with the shared data plans.

You can transfer the line to another account through an assumption of liability.

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

You would need to port to google voice but more preferably page plus or the like than back into verizon. Head over to macrumors thread for step by step process and help with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doug Spry

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Cnotes,

I know we discussed this before when this glitch came out. I had ordered 64 space gray plus then I had second thoughts and cancelled the order. I am thinking of going through with the add a line this time but I have a question for you.

My current plan is - 700 minute talk and text
Primary line- Unlimited data
Second line- Basic
Third line- 6GB max plan

I was reading on macforums today that JULESJAM says that 700 minute talk and text plan isnt compatible? Is this correct? When I ordered back in september i had no issue with the order going through but I decided to cancel the order. Anyways today I went through the process of doing an add a line on my current plan the UNLIMITED IPHONE showed up and I got up the final step but didn't pull the trigger on it. I would like have it shipped to home. I'm I going to have a problem doing it?

THanks