Will Verizon follow lead and double data for the same price? (Update: Verizon IS doing double data)

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, 2 carriers are now doubling the shared data pool for the same price. So you can get 30GB on ATT for the price of 15. Will Verizon follow?

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: will verizon follow lead and double data for the same prince?

Damn I hope they do follow suit. I will be all over that.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I think they should to he competitive.. But sometimes Verizon definitely doesn't care and does their own thing.

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

I'm not under contract and am considering switching to ATT for just this reason, but it would be easier to stay with verizon if they follow suite, but to tempting to switch if they don't.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm not under contract and am considering switching to ATT for just this reason, but it would be easier to stay with verizon if they follow suite, but to tempting to switch if they don't.

Just remember the AT&T deal goes till October 31st... So if it gets near that date and Verizon hasn't done anything.. You can switch. There is still time where Verizon could come out with their own version of a double data promotion.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

Call them, talk to someone in retention, and see what they offer you.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Call them, talk to someone in retention, and see what they offer you.

This may work but I doubt they will offer the permanent solution that AT&T is offering. The thing that shocks me about the AT&T offer is they won't ever take it away unless you swap off that data plan.... So as long as you keep it .. You keep that double data.

RemyL75

May 30, 2011
Visit site

I doubt it. If they doubled my data, I would be at 44GB. They are not trying to do that for my account lmao

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

If they offered me, on my line, say, 12, not the 8 or so I can get from giving up my UDP, maybe 15 tops, I'd probably eat my UDP finally.

jhong1226

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

I hope they would, that would be awesome but I highly doubt that would happen.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

If they offered me, on my line, say, 12, not the 8 or so I can get from giving up my UDP, maybe 15 tops, I'd probably eat my UDP finally.
Verizon would give you 6gb for $30 or 8gb for $50 with mhs to give up unlimited. I wouldn't expect more.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

They did it. Was on 10gigs, tomorrow I'll bump up to 30.

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Will Verizon follow lead and double data for the same price?

I signed up today. We don't use that much data, but we are going to triple our shared data for about $2.60/line (9 lines, going from 10->30 gigs), and we will be paying about $28/line total.

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I just, added 3GB on my two lines for free. I was, paying $110 for 12GB, now I pay that for 15GB. Thank you Verizon for doing something nice for your customers.

JoeMimic

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Just got a text from vzw asking if I wanted four gigs more a month for the same price (I have six gigs) you know I did that