Can Best Buy get you on Edge program?

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Or is this only at Verizon stores? Just asking because f the $200 GC program on the Note 4.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
When I spoke to Best Buy the last time I was in there, they told me that they can Edge up and also do the Edge program. They told me that they can do everything that the Corporate store does.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you can edge at best buy. And regardless, even if you can you won't get the rebate. That's only for a "normal" 2 year plan

Posted via Android Central App

DarkUncle

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
When I spoke to Best Buy the last time I was in there, they told me that they can Edge up and also do the Edge program. They told me that they can do everything that the Corporate store does.

I literally just got off with a verizon rep on chat and she assured me that Best Buys cannot do Edge programs at all. That really put a dent in my plan.

Posted via the Android Central App

DarkUncle

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Ok now I'm on the phone with Verizon. On Best Buys website its clearly shown that Edge can be done at Best Buy. Hence my call to verizon. This verizon rep says they can do it. Crazy that there is so much conflicting info here.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
What would be the advantage in doing that (edge through best buy and not directly with Verizon)?

DarkUncle

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
What would be the advantage in doing that (edge through best buy and not directly with Verizon)?

Normally none. But I have over $300 in best buy reward zone certificates and gift cards that I'm putting toward the cost of my phone.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I literally just got off with a verizon rep on chat and she assured me that Best Buys cannot do Edge programs at all. That really put a dent in my plan.

I would go to the Best Buy and ask them. On 2 occasions when I asked them, they told me that they could. Lately, I am finding Big Red quite incompetent. The other day, I wanted to pay off my Edge program and Big Red paid off the wrong line. They still have not corrected it and this issue has been going on since Friday.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Normally none. But I have over $300 in best buy reward zone certificates and gift cards that I'm putting toward the cost of my phone.

So how does that work? Do you pay less per month but the same 24 month schedule? Or the original amount but for fewer months?

DarkUncle

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
If you're talking Edge, you can only make a lump payment right at the beginning of the contract so you can have lower monthly payments toward the phone. You can't make extra payments toward the phone month to month on Edge.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Or is this only at Verizon stores? Just asking because f the $200 GC program on the Note 4.

Went into a Best Buy store again today and decided to ask another person and the manager. They both insist that the Edge program can be done through them.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Sure is available thought them, the option is clearly shown when you click on any Verizon smartphone. Of course it still goes through Verizon though.

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Went and spoke to them. They absolutely can do the edge program, but they can't combine edge with the $200 gc program they are doing with the Note 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith