Do you keep your SIM when you return a phone? (relates to unlimited data)

InfiniteClouds

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Hello there. I have a question regarding the Best Buy method and SIM swapping. I had a Droid 4 (micro SIM) and recently purchased a Droid Turbo (nano) from a Verizon corporate store at full retail price - they activated it in-store and I still have my unlimited data now on a nano SIM instead of the Micro. However, I am considering returning the Turbo and paying the restocking fee.

If I buy a nano -> micro adapter, transfer my currently activated nano SIM back to my Droid 4, and then return the Turbo and pay the restocking fee...can I then use my 'new' nano SIM in the Best Buy method? I didn't use the method to begin with because I would have to cut and file the card and I am awful when it comes to stuff like that. Will Verizon want my SIM card back as well when I return the phone or is the SIM card 'yours' once it's tied to your account and you just swap it between whatever phones you get?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hello there. I have a question regarding the Best Buy method and SIM swapping. I had a Droid 4 (micro SIM) and recently purchased a Droid Turbo (nano) from a Verizon corporate store at full retail price - they activated it in-store and I still have my unlimited data now on a nano SIM instead of the Micro. However, I am considering returning the Turbo and paying the restocking fee.

If I buy a nano -> micro adapter, transfer my currently activated nano SIM back to my Droid 4, and then return the Turbo and pay the restocking fee...can I then use my 'new' nano SIM in the Best Buy method? I didn't use the method to begin with because I would have to cut and file the card and I am awful when it comes to stuff like that. Will Verizon want my SIM card back as well when I return the phone or is the SIM card 'yours' once it's tied to your account and you just swap it between whatever phones you get?

Thanks in advance for your help.
You should be able to keep the SIM card. Just take it out of the phone before you return it.

Anything wrong with the Turbo? Looked like a good phone. How was the camera?

InfiniteClouds

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
The camera is good, you can see photos on the turbo forums. Battery life is great but the WiFi signal is iffy and most of all it seems some devices had no QA (minor but annoying physical defects). I may buy I again just from bestbuy instead

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34