Verizon modifies data plan structure - 6GB cost the same as 10GB now

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I hope this isn't a re-post, but I was on my account today and just for the heck of it I selected Manage Phone, Change Plan. Imagine my surprise when I saw that the data chart no longer included the 6GB or 8GB options any longer, but better still, 10GB cost the same as 6GB which is what I was paying for (and I only had about 200mb left at the end of my billing cycle yesterday). I called Verizon and confirmed this was legit, and had them change me over (it won't do so automatically, but you can do it yourself on the site). $100 get's you 15GB BTW, but that isn't shown in the screen cap below.

NewData.jpg

I know there will be some who will chastise me for not using PDANet, but I can't help but feel I will be penalized in some way by Verizon if I don't play their game (like data throttling at best). At least I now know I won't run out of data and my bill remains the same.

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Guess we need to either adopt more family members or start using more data. Your $8/GB is a bargain compared to our $25/GB. Hopefully our total bill is still less than yours. :)

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Guess we need to either adopt more family members or start using more data. Your $8/GB is a bargain compared to our $25/GB. Hopefully our total bill is still less than yours. :)
LOL, my bill is $115 if nothing changes. There's 20% discount in there as well for the company I work for, but it only applies to part of the bill (I think the discount is $16 total).

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I checked about a week ago, just out of curiosity. I was on 10 gb shared data. Then I noticed the new price tier is only 10$ more for 15 gb. Sure. So I increased it.

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I switched my plan over to the 10 gig yesterday from the unlimited. My plan price pretty much stays the same as it was .

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I had the 14gb plan but no longer offer it. I bumped up to the 15gb (which is now 30gb) for 10 bucks a month more. With the discount I get, it works out to $7.80 extra a month for 16gb extra data. I'm sure Verizon will get you in the end though.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad you posted this, because we were about 700 MB away from 6 GB this month with 8 days to go (one of the kids must have watched a movie on their iPad) so I just switched to 10 GB backdated to the beginning of the month and we now have 4.3 GB left. I never would have known about this otherwise...

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Great info! Thanks OP!

PS. I've been hearing rumors that folks who have a corporate discount (only applies to data part of bill) may lose it by switching to this promo.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Great info! Thanks OP!

PS. I've been hearing rumors that folks who have a corporate discount (only applies to data part of bill) may lose it by switching to this promo.

It shows it as calculating when I click 'show discounts' during checkout. I get 20% off (data portion only) through my employer.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine also showed my corporate discount still there on the last confirmation screen prior to accepting the change of my plan.

edison2012

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
And here I thought my sales rep was cutting me a great deal by suggesting I move to 10 GB. LOL Not complaining though, this gives me a lot more headroom. Don't have to worry about a corporate discount. Mine got cut when I retired.
edison.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Glad to hear we get to keep discount with those data tiers. Thanks for the feedback. I'm gonna switch me an my wife's more everything plan to 10gb!

keegh

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Went into Verizon today planing on trading in my BlackBerry Q10 and edge to the Turbo, all while downgrading from 8gb->6gb. Figured with lowering discount and edge discount I would save the $25/m the Turbo would actually cost me.

I also get a 23% discount from Penn State, so it's all helpful.

Was happy when the associate let me know about the new tiers, upped my data, switched to edge, and I'll be saving $10/m starting next cycle. I'll take it.

Although hate on me all you want, I miss my BlackBerry hub.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I switched my plan over to the 10 gig yesterday from the unlimited. My plan price pretty much stays the same as it was .

Ummm...I'm confused. Why would you give up unlimited for a capped plan for the same price?

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar