What is the best phone plan to go at Verizon? New Account.

bosanci

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I will be transferring my number from T-mobile to Verizon , really soon as new account,due to coverage ,not being so good in my area.
Anyway,
My Honey has Samsung Galaxy S5 with verizon on the individual plan for $60 / 2gb Unlimited text/talk,
2 year, she joined Vzn about 3 weeks ago, and in about 1,2 weeks will move also to Vzn, and get an individual plan.
Also they charge her the $30 or 35 activation fee! Now she told that manager about me,and he said that when i am ready to come over in few weeks
from t-mobile he will get me the same plan as her,but now i am reading that they don't carry that plan anymore...hmmm

So at this point i am not sure what plan will best to go with! They have the Edge and the Individual plan,also i guess more everything.
And is really confusing witch plan will be best , to save some $$, so this will be for a new account,and i have never been with Verizon before.

Will go with Droid Turbo for the new phone.
And will have maybe some trade in as old phone, like:
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Tmobile
Samsung Galaxy s3 - T-mobile
Motorola Cliq - Tmobile
Lg Xenon - Att
if is worth trading , unless i can sell on my own, i also don't mind 2 year agreement,but i see they change the rules for early
upgrading your phone,and just confusing how it works, 60%,75%,etc...

So any advice from the pro's here, what will be best? to choose in this plans?...

Thanks
b.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Going to a new carrier can be very confusing -- The main thing now a days is how much data do you average each month?

bosanci

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes, that was my average, i use wifi ,when i need to check my email or i have to check really quick something.
My lady said that she may have to come with me at the same manager when she got her phone few weeks back , as he said he will
give me the same plan as her's , the individual plan for $60 / 2gb Unlimited text/talk,2 year contract, so that's $120 per month.
But looking at the family plan on "more everything" for $140 you get 10gb, witch is better , but i see those $25 off, only if i get the edge option.

So at this point to get the droid turbo, i am thinking the $199 with 2 year that maybe best, my lady has the same s5 she paid $100 with 2 year.

I guess if i have a trade in , do they give you instant credit or they credit into the bill in few months?

Thanks for helping.

keegh

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
The trade in credit can vary. I've seen people get it instantly credited to their account while others have been told to wait.

If the manager that your lady had seemed nice and helpful I'd suggest you both go back to him and see how all your options would cost.

I went in yesterday planning on using my early edge, trading in my phone, getting the turbo and lowering my data down to 6gb to offset the edge cost. The associate I had was extremely helpful and let me in on the new pricing.

I left the store with the Turbo on edge( $25/m), 10gb/m instead of 6gb and overall after paying the tax of the phone next bill I will be saving $10/m.

bosanci

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
So just to understand, you got the: Edge at $25/m for the phone and you are on the individual plan at $75/m with 10gb = $100 / month?

Thanks

keegh

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I have another phone and jet pack on the line as well, so I pay an extra $50/m for those. But if I recall the new shared plan is 60/m for 10gig.

You get a $15/m discount if you use edge and have under 10gb/m of data and 10 and above gets you $25/m off. So depending if you planned on possibly putting your and your lady's plans on one account it may save you guys some $.

-Myk-

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I would buy someone's unlimited data plan. After that data is 30.00 with no limit. Then just take on a voice/text plan.

keegh

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I would buy someone's unlimited data plan. After that data is 30.00 with no limit. Then just take on a voice/text plan.

I don't think the OP would benefit from this at all, they already stated they barely use much data at all.

bosanci

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Thank you...

Will have to go in with my lady to see the same guy manager, and to see whats best for us, i see the $140 , witch 1 phone must be purchased on the
edge , and then get that $15 back, so at $125 per month with 2 year, should be okay...

Anyone knows if they will take any of this:
Motorola Cliq - Tmobile
Lg Xenon - Att
for trade in?

Thanks

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it. Plus 30.00 a month for unlimited can't be beat.

Not everyone needs unlimited data. That would be like my parents getting an unlimited line on Verizon .. their combined usage a month is about 500 MB .. for the two of them .. Yet they use 2-4k minutes a month. So therefore an unlimited plan would coast them way more than needed.

Please remember just because you might like unlimited -- it isn't the best deal for everyone :).

@OP - Good idea --- talk with that manager and see what fits your budget :).

-Myk-

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
And remember that unlimited is still CHEAP. 2GB is 50.00, unlimited is 30.00. In my world 30 is less than 50 and unlimited is better than a 2GB cap.

keegh

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
And remember that unlimited is still CHEAP. 2GB is 50.00, unlimited is 30.00. In my world 30 is less than 50 and unlimited is better than a 2GB cap.

And how much for minutes and texts?
Not everyone is a data hog and still use their phone for calls/texts.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Add unlimited minutes & texts and the phone bill hikes up like crazy for an unlimited data plan. Some people may only use 500 MB to 1 GB of data each month but use 2-3k text / minutes .. So your plan would cost a lot more for them when they don't need to pay that much :).

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion the best plan you can get right now from Verizon would be a grandfathered account with unlimited data which you can acquire for really cheap right now on eBay.. once you acquire the account put it on the lowest nationwide plan, pay per text and use Google hangouts to talk and send texts.. if you do this your monthly bill should be around $65.00.. that's just my opinion

Posted via the Android Central App

managuense

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion the best plan you can get right now from Verizon would be a grandfathered account with unlimited data which you can acquire for really cheap right now on eBay.. once you acquire the account put it on the lowest nationwide plan, pay per text and use Google hangouts to talk and send texts.. if you do this your monthly bill should be around $65.00.. that's just my opinion

That's what I'm on, 300 minutes, no text, unlimited data. My bill is $65 + tax. Deal of the century.

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you wanted to you can get on the nationwide 65+ which has 200min and 500 min weekends everything else is the same for $5 bucks cheaper

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non