UDP line.... Can I change number

marki86

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
One of the lines on my family plan has UDP. They may be switching to a different carrier due to job. I would love to be able to get the UDP on one of my other tiered lines. Is this possible without keeping the same number?

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
One of the lines on my family plan has UDP. They may be switching to a different carrier due to job. I would love to be able to get the UDP on one of my other tiered lines. Is this possible without keeping the same number?

Yes, it is possible; though, you'll need one of your tiered lines to be out of contract otherwise you may face an ETF.

marki86

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The UDP line is out of contract. The tiered line I want to move it to will be in March. Any idea how I switch and use the tiered number on the unlimited line?

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Port the number to Google voice. Then port it back to the unlimited line. Cancel the tiered line in March. You should be able to drop the data. The tiered line will probably cost about $15 a month till you can cancel it. The port to Google voice costs $20.

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
You lose it, unless you port it out to. If you port a under contract number out it can cause Verizon to charge you a ETF. Research porting to Google voice before you do it.