Verizon administrative charge increase - call in to get credit if you are on contract

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is increasing the administrative charge by 7 cents next month. You can call in to get the difference credited to your account for the remainder of the contract. I realize this a very small amount but some people seem to have it in for Verizon.

" If you're a Postpay customer and a change to your Plan or this agreement has a material adverse effect on you, you can cancel the line of Service that has been affected within 60 days of receiving the notice with no early termination fee if we fail to negate the change after you notify us of your objection to it."

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418147626700.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418147626700.jpg
    481.1 KB · Views: 114

MM48

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Just spoke with customer service and a manager. Verizon will not terminate the contract and put you on month to month, BECAUSE they are offering to give you a $10 credit for the remainder of your contract, in relation to the fee increase.

I had hoped this would work since I'm leaving for tmobile ASAP. Now I'll go through the ETF payoff steps that I had hoped to be able to avoid.

But alas, didn't hurt to try. Jumping to t-mobile since their family shared unthrottled unlimited data promotion will be grandfathered, and Ill be paying $50-$60/month less than on verizon. My folks have t-mobile, so Im always comparing speedtests and reception levels whenever I am out with them, since my dad and I are both techies. Sorry to say, he bests me every single time, so thats all the convincing I need.

Also, I live in a major metropolitan area, not the boonies, and I have checked the signal and bandwidth maps on both rootmetrics and sensorly, and I see no downside to the t-mobile move.

With the closure of the last upgrade loophole, and the derogatory performance of the Verizon network ever since XLTE has destroyed the 700mhz band, I'm done with verizon. Not to mention the bill.

I'm no hater, I left sprint for verizon for similar bandwidth/coverage issues, and it was great for a long time with my new tbolt.

Anyways, just wanted to post that info to save everyone else time of calling verizon.

MM48

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what you mean, I clearly posted that you would only get the difference, not get off without etf

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what you mean, I clearly posted that you would only get the difference, not get off without etf

This. He stated you could get it credited for the rest of your contract if you contact them.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
This. He stated you could get it credited for the rest of your contract if you contact them.
Yeah unfortunately Verizon added the "If we fail to negate the change" wording in a few years ago. Verizon can either not charge you 7 cents per month for the rest of the contract, or let you off without etf. You guess which one they would choose.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm probably not reading into this enough, but I can call and get a $10 credit?
Contractually speaking, you would only be entitled to 7 cents a month for the remainder of your contract. They may offer you $10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol