Had a Verizon call center rep tell me I shouldn't be with Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So I've had a SLEW of customer service issues with Verizon in the past two months. Too many to mention or I'd be writing all night. But one of them (just for the sake of giving an example) is that I did the Early Edge from the Maxx to the Turbo. I turned the Maxx in via USPS with the prepaid label provided by VZW and tracking shows it has been delivered. Well, now they're threatening to charge me $500 or so because I allegedly never returned the Maxx, when that isn't so. I have no control over what they do with it once I mail it and the USPS delivers it. Not my fault at that point, and I'm not going to the warehouse to look for them. But this latest threat came via text and e-mail Friday -- nearly a month after I sent the Maxx in to begin with.

As I called in that evening and spoke with this guy and proceeded to explain all of the issues I've had -- not piddly "OMG your computer billed me $5 too much so give me a $100 credit" stuff -- I flat out asked the guy that because I am so fed up with Verizon Wireless right now, its terrible customer service, the constant accusations to me that I'm lying about the things I did, and the fact I am on the phone with them every other day... I asked him point blank why I should remain a Verizon Wireless customer.

He paused, and I kid you not, no lie, he basically said that no I shouldn't be a customer. In the moments that followed, he expanded on it and said he is a customer himself (I would expect so since he works there) and he said that he wouldn't stay anywhere that gave him that bad customer service.

Part of me is mixed. As a person who wants to be given honesty, well, he gave it to me. But as a call center rep myself, it is an absolute sin to say anything that puts the company down. You ALWAYS go to the plate for your company and swing for the fences, hoping to get that grand slam that makes everyone happy. Dropping the bat and walking away -- which is what this guy did -- is inexcusable.

I called back later on (part of a four-call, six-hour fiasco of people who were incompetent) and FINALLY spoke to a supervisor who was competent about the issue. Overall, my issues are being reviewed, as he was stunned I was told what I was told. I hope there is an amicable resolution to all of my issues, but the fact that guy told me what he did? That cut a bit deep. You just don't say some things, no matter how true they are, no matter how bad you want to say them. I hope this guy is dealt with in the appropriate disciplinary structure that the company may have, but I also now await to see if Verizon fixes things for me (the sup gave me his e-mail address and a time frame to allow him to find out information on the phone issue.) But if this issue isn't fixed, well, I suppose I go elsewhere, don't I?

I just can't believe someone would actually say this on the phone. If I did the same general thing at my current call center job, if I wasn't instantly fired, I would be quick enough.

I guess I wait and see what happens, but I have my ETFs and I've priced A&T and T-Mobile already -- and service for both is NOT an issue for where my wife and I live. Not like we drive through dead areas or anything like I did years ago living in another state, to which service would indeed be an issue. But I'm still amazed he said that. Why would you tell your customer to effectively leave? Very weird and unsettling to me.

Has anyone else ever been told something like that and would like to share their experience?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It kind of sounds like that rep was trying (in an odd and lame way) to show empathy and compassion. It's like he was saying, "I feel for you, man." But you're right, that's generally not a good thing for a customer rep to say.

My wife has had annoying dealings with Verizon, but found that when she uttered the magic phrase, "Does Verizon care about its customers?", the rep suddenly snapped to it, offering various things to appease her, seeming to read from some kind of scripted response. Might be worth trying in your next call with them.

I gave up on VZW more than a year ago after they basically ignored my complaints about mediocre coverage in the heart of the Silicon Valley and their refusal to grandfather me into an early upgrade, despite being with them for about 7 or 8 years as a loyal customer. Moved on to T-Mobile, which has been terrific. Their coverage may not be as good, but the data speeds are on the whole much better, and the customer service is a breath of fresh air--both of those factors more than make up for it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I need Verizon because they give me good service where others don't. And I don't live in the sticks either. I work in a high rise amongst multiple high rises and Verizon gives me very good speeds . My Co worker who has att doesn't get signal at my desk. TMobile is pretty slow, to the point that loading emails takes time. That and Verizon is the cheapest by far for my uses. And we are talking about orders of magnitude difference.

But my point is if tmobile provided me with good service where I needed it and the price was good then I would switch in a heart beat. Tmobile will pay your etf too.

I haven't had Verizon tell me something similar but I have been given inaccurate information pretty serious stuff too.

Verizon refused to refund me the activation fee, telling me that it is never refund able. I pointed out to the receipt and terms of service which clearly state otherwise.

Another time I had fulfilled my contract but Verizon wouldn't let me upgrade due to an error in their system. The csr even said that i should be able to do it but he couldn't help me. After a long time going no where, I asked to talk to a supervisor and magically be was able to do it.

Another time Verizon insisted that I had to pay a $10 /mo data fee on multimedia phones a few years ago even though there was no mention of it when I bought the phones. Admittedly, I bought it near when the new terms where being in effect. But point is it was a violation of the agreed upon terms. The csr insisted that there was no way to get verizon to honor the terms that they crafted After going nowhere for some time, I asked to talk to a supervisor and magically he was able to do it.

My suggestion when calling is to be polite but firm. Never get angry. Keep repeating your point. And if it didn't get resolved , then ask to escalate to a supervisor. If the supervisor doesn't resolve it then hint at filing a notice of dispute and contacting Verizon executive relations , asking for his full name, employee id, and extension. I can guarantee you that when you mention that, that they would resolve the situation, provided that what you are asking for is allowed on their end.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
It kind of sounds like that rep was trying (in an odd and lame way) to show empathy and compassion. It's like he was saying, "I feel for you, man." But you're right, that's generally not a good thing for a customer rep to say.

My wife has had annoying dealings with Verizon, but found that when she uttered the magic phrase, "Does Verizon care about its customers?", the rep suddenly snapped to it, offering various things to appease her, seeming to read from some kind of scripted response. Might be worth trying in your next call with them.

I gave up on VZW more than a year ago after they basically ignored my complaints about mediocre coverage in the heart of the Silicon Valley and their refusal to grandfather me into an early upgrade, despite being with them for about 7 or 8 years as a loyal customer. Moved on to T-Mobile, which has been terrific. Their coverage may not be as good, but the data speeds are on the whole much better, and the customer service is a breath of fresh air--both of those factors more than make up for it.

And I am mixed. Honesty is good, but job security is much better. I don't know anything about the guy or his file but in some areas/states, that is a fireable offense. At my job, it is.

I priced T-Mobile again today as they've changed things in even a month and now I have options. But I am waiting things out to see what happens and then make a decision based on that. I only get escalated in temperament when the sup is an unfriendly person with a chip on his shoulder. The last sup I talked to was pretty cool and I was even keel. Now I wait to see what he does and what he can do to resolve it. I'm going to reply to the other guy so there will be more there.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I need Verizon because they give me good service where others don't. And I don't live in the sticks either. I work in a high rise amongst multiple high rises and Verizon gives me very good speeds . My Co worker who has att doesn't get signal at my desk. TMobile is pretty slow, to the point that loading emails takes time. That and Verizon is the cheapest by far for my uses. And we are talking about orders of magnitude difference.

But my point is if tmobile provided me with good service where I needed it and the price was good then I would switch in a heart beat. Tmobile will pay your etf too.

I haven't had Verizon tell me something similar but I have been given inaccurate information pretty serious stuff too.

Verizon refused to refund me the activation fee, telling me that it is never refund able. I pointed out to the receipt and terms of service which clearly state otherwise.

Another time I had fulfilled my contract but Verizon wouldn't let me upgrade due to an error in their system. The csr even said that i should be able to do it but he couldn't help me. After a long time going no where, I asked to talk to a supervisor and magically be was able to do it.

Another time Verizon insisted that I had to pay a $10 /mo data fee on multimedia phones a few years ago even though there was no mention of it when I bought the phones. Admittedly, I bought it near when the new terms where being in effect. But point is it was a violation of the agreed upon terms. The csr insisted that there was no way to get verizon to honor the terms that they crafted After going nowhere for some time, I asked to talk to a supervisor and magically he was able to do it.

My suggestion when calling is to be polite but firm. Never get angry. Keep repeating your point. And if it didn't get resolved , then ask to escalate to a supervisor. If the supervisor doesn't resolve it then hint at filing a notice of dispute and contacting Verizon executive relations , asking for his full name, employee id, and extension. I can guarantee you that when you mention that, that they would resolve the situation, provided that what you are asking for is allowed on their end.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

I won't go into every issue I've had. I can assure you there are others. But I still stuck it out and tried to be a good VZW customer. But here's what happened, to expand on earlier: I ordered a Turbo on Early Edge and was told I could get a $100 trade-in credit. The real rule is I could early Edge but I was NOT eligible for any $100 trade-in credit, and the VZW rep was wrong in how she presented the sale to me -- I would NOT have bought it otherwise. They lost my Maxx I sent in and want to charge me the full price for it since the two-year contract hadn't expired on it.

Meanwhile my screen broke on the Turbo and they do a one-time replacement so knowing I needed it overnight, Verizon overnighted me a phone. Except the guy who did it sent it USPS 3-5 day ground. I had to call and reorder and they overnighted, but charged it to my bill and said when I get my next bill, I have to call in and get a credit for all overnight shipping fees. They couldn't zero it out then; I have to call later. Fine, whatever. But then, with USPS showing the Maxx was delivered on the 19th of December, I got notifications this past Friday stating I was going to be charged for not turning my device in. Which led me to call. Which got me Mr. "Leave Verizon" guy. I had to call back three times because he put me on hold, it "disconnected" and his text message promise to call me back never happened for two hours. First call was a hangup when going to a sup, the second call was a sup with a chip on his shoulder telling me that I can't get the discount despite the e-mails I had filing it and nowhere showing that I wasn't eligible due to Early Edge. Third call the rep gave me a $30 inconvenience credit which I said I was taking, but, I wanted a sup, and I proceeded to tell him everything. So now I am in a holding pattern as I've been told that if I don't hear anything by Tuesday at midnight (ET, I presume) that I am to contact him via e-mail.

So I've prewritten this e-mail to be sent Monday night because I am not waiting until Tuesday night and having this drag on. They want to keep sending me texts and e-mails that I haven't done things, but they won't do what is right. It is a long read, but it pretty much spells out everything I was told/promised and recaps the discussion we had Friday and what I expect. The last part is a good one: I want to see what stuff they try to say and do, because they've done sooooooooo much wrong that I'm owed more than what I am entitled to so far based on their screwups.

As it is, given the massive amount of issues I've experienced -- including a call center rep on the 9th inexplicably flat out telling me I shouldn't be with Verizon Wireless after asking why I should remain -- I just wanted to reiterate the expectations that I have for VZW to fulfill, which we discussed, and are in great depth here:

==========
==========

1.) When I ordered the Droid Turbo 64GB on Tuesday, Dec. 9, had I been told that I could only Early Edge and the $100 discount did NOT apply to me because of the situation, I would NOT have ordered the phone, plain and simple. This is a misleading sale by the VZW call center rep I spoke to, and to learn exactly one month later I'm not getting that $100 is upsetting. Given my Droid Maxx is allegedly lost, I am stuck with my Turbo. Therefore, it is VZW's obligation to award me this $100 to amend for the mistake of its sales rep rather than punish me for VZW error. (Not to mention most of the calls after that order would not have taken place had the sales rep not made that critical error to start.)

2.) With how everything has turned out, I have used VZW-provided USPS shipping labels to turn in all three devices that needed to be sent to VZW. The tracking numbers for all three indicate arrivals at the Fort Worth, TX facility, including the Droid Maxx on Dec. 19. Therefore, my account should NOT be charged any fees at all for any non-returned devices I have sent out in the months of December 2014 and January 2015. All I can do is send devices based on instructions given to me by VZW. Once VZW receives it, if it is lost, that is not my issue and again, I should not be punished for a VZW error.

3.) When I had to order a replacement Droid Turbo on Friday, Dec. 26 for cracked screen reasons, I needed it overnighted and specifically made it clear to the person I ordered it from it was to be overnighted. I even offered my credit card to pay for it. I was told it was charged to the bill as overnighted. I got the receipt and it showed USPS 3-5 days ground. I had to call back and order the phone again and get it overnighted because of this VZW error. I was told by the rep during the second order that she did have to put the charges on my bill, but once I receive the next bill (presumably, the one that will be due Feb. 10) that shows the overnight shipping fees incurred, I was to call back to VZW and receive an instant credit to compensate for those charges. I expect this promised credit to be honored and again, not be punished for VZW error.

4.) Before I was transferred to you on Jan. 9, I spoke with a rep named {redacted}, who offered me a $30 inconvenience credit. I said I would accept this while continuing to discuss my issues. I expect this credit to be honored as well and added to my bill, and yet again not be punished by another VZW lie.

At this point, we are at a grand total of $130 in credits PLUS shipping charges for the overnighted phone, as well as wiping off any potential fees for supposedly non-received phones. But there is one more expectation that I have, that is completely up to VZW, and you need to speak to whomever you need to speak to in order to make this happen.

5.) Given that since Black Friday, I've had a SLEW of customer service issues in various forms (in-store, phone, online, etc.), all documented with your call center in my file. Nobody has ever wanted to step up, truly admit blame, and do something to make it right. They usually offer some cheap apology and "I can't do anything" or a small amount "inconvenience credit". We have discussed my expectations of what I should receive in bullet points 1-4, but I've been a VZW customer for 10 years, I have purchased many phones and accessories (even just this month the FitBit Surge watch), and I have been very loyal and dedicated to VZW.

But at this point, VZW needs to show something more to me. Bullet points 1-4 aren't going to be enough. I need to be significantly convinced -- especially after the call center rep who said I shouldn't be with VZW -- that I do indeed need to stay with VZW. What does that? VZW needs to determine this. This is where VZW steps up to the plate with a baseball bat and either hits a grand slam out of the park that convinces me to stay, or hits into a game-ending double-play that tells me that VZW will eventually be out of the picture as my wireless carrier. There have been too many issues, and the fire raging is requiring fire departments from neighboring counties to respond, so VZW better think long and hard of what to offer, in addition to fulfilling the expectations of bullet points 1-4.

And to drive it home I'm not looking for handouts but for VZW to simply fulfill its promises and be accountable, I ended the letter with this:

I do apologize for some of this sounding like demands or threats or however you interpret them. But this isn't a one-time issue where my bill was jacked by $3 and I demand my $700 phone be free. There are people like that out there and try to abuse the system, and VZW tries to protect itself from those people, but this is not the case here. This is a comedy of errors by VZW, and I have more than enough proof built up to support my cause to the point that I do feel I am entitled to my demands, which are reasonable and are a direct result of treatment, promises, etc. by VZW.

Again it won't be sent until late Monday to give him a full weekend and one business day to investigate things and get back to me, but I am also not going to wait until Tuesday night, contact him, not hear anything Wednesday, and then drag it out further. He told me he would call me by Tuesday night, he's going to do so, or I'm escalating it. And if I escalate it higher, I'm as good as gone.

Oh I also bought a FitBit Surge to which the battery suddenly died and I'm having to charge it. I'm going to research the issue but since I bought it through Verizon... I can see where that is going already. I just charged the watch Friday and it died already? I didn't know it was dead until I looked down to see it and it wasn't working. I'm going to try FitBit first but, if I have to go back to Verizon... look I don't want to think about it, okay?

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
The rep didn't say anything against vzw. In essence what he was saying was, if you feel the service is that poor then no you shouldn't stay. Which he should have followed up with but please allow me the opportunity to show you we provide good customer service.

Posted via the Android Central App

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
The rep didn't say anything against vzw. In essence what he was saying was, if you feel the service is that poor then no you shouldn't stay. Which he should have followed up with but please allow me the opportunity to show you we provide good customer service.

tennislvr8,

Your first sentence, I respectfully disagree. What he said was against VZW. CSR 101 for anywhere says you never badmouth the company -- even if it is the truth -- and you pump your company up. He failed here.

To his credit, he did try to help me after that, which normally I'd commend, except he accidentally d/c'd the call. VZW has this text message system now where they can text you and apologize for a call drop or say, "I'll call right back," and he did that. But two hours later, I had nothing, and I needed answers. So any benefit of the doubt went out the window as I began my calls to VZW.

Some people would wish he'd be fired. Not me. VZW HR will do what it has to do, but I hope he can learn from this experience to be better, and he is afforded that chance with VZW. I've made my mistakes and learned as a CSR with two companies. So can he. I had to call him out to a sup because what he did was wrong, but I definitely think it can be a teaching point and not a demerit on the record point.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Fitbit's customer service is top notch, I'm sure they will fix your issue.

After a full charge tonight, I've made changes to my watch to see what happens and will monitor it. People seem to have issues and lack of android support is a key here. Some features may have intense battery drain for me because of the fact the android OS isn't supported, and GPS overall is a battery drain regardless of OS. And the text notification feature just is a redundancy since the phone is already on me and I'd pull it out and look at it if I needed to.

Why release a product not totally android supported, I don't know, but whatever. I am optimistic it will be fine and do what I need it to, but if it dies again quick, then I know there's a legit defect and FitBit will be involved. I know all of that is off topic in a way, but I just don't want to call VZW. The wife and I made a decision tonight that if we pay the $1000 in ETFs, we won't get to do other things we want, so we're going to ride our contracts out. (Given how they've hounded me on the non-returned phone issue, imagine if I didn't do the ETFs right away waiting on, say, a T-Mobile reimbursement.) But we won't buy anything else from VZW again and will stick to Amazon or Craigslist. And when it is renewal time or the ETFs are more absorbable, we are probably goners to elsewhere. It's a shame, and maybe I run into the same customer service issues elsewhere, but it is what it is.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
tennislvr8,

Your first sentence, I respectfully disagree. What he said was against VZW. CSR 101 for anywhere says you never badmouth the company -- even if it is the truth -- and you pump your company up. He failed here.

To his credit, he did try to help me after that, which normally I'd commend, except he accidentally d/c'd the call. VZW has this text message system now where they can text you and apologize for a call drop or say, "I'll call right back," and he did that. But two hours later, I had nothing, and I needed answers. So any benefit of the doubt went out the window as I began my calls to VZW.

Some people would wish he'd be fired. Not me. VZW HR will do what it has to do, but I hope he can learn from this experience to be better, and he is afforded that chance with VZW. I've made my mistakes and learned as a CSR with two companies. So can he. I had to call him out to a sup because what he did was wrong, but I definitely think it can be a teaching point and not a demerit on the record point.

I understand your frustration with Verizon but the representative was sympathizing with you. Whether you agree with his way of doing it or not is up to you but he is absolutely right in letting you know that you shouldn't be a customer. If you're having a ton of issues with the service and/or customer service and you have better options then make a switch.

Sure this can be used as a teaching point but I'm also a firm believer that there is no reason to call someone out who actually tried to help you. If he was an overall rude person who treated you like dirt I'd agree with you. Give him a break though - why would you risk his job because of something so minor? I'd only complain about those representatives that hang up on you for asking a simple request to speak to Tier 2 Tech. Comcast is notorious for this and always tells me "we are the highest tech" when I know for a fact that they're not.

To your first point that's not necessarily true. If service isn't working in your area or other issues its not uncommon for retention department to break the contract. He's just letting you know you have options and in no way is saying "leave now". Just agreeing with you because honestly there is nothing worse to an outsider (customer) then someone praising the company despite the large amount of issues the caller is having.

You did what you felt was best. Don't let my disagreement come off as me calling you out because I'm not. Just giving my opinion.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I understand your frustration with Verizon but the representative was sympathizing with you. Whether you agree with his way of doing it or not is up to you but he is absolutely right in letting you know that you shouldn't be a customer. If you're having a ton of issues with the service and/or customer service and you have better options then make a switch.

Sure this can be used as a teaching point but I'm also a firm believer that there is no reason to call someone out who actually tried to help you. If he was an overall rude person who treated you like dirt I'd agree with you. Give him a break though - why would you risk his job because of something so minor? I'd only complain about those representatives that hang up on you for asking a simple request to speak to Tier 2 Tech. Comcast is notorious for this and always tells me "we are the highest tech" when I know for a fact that they're not.

To your first point that's not necessarily true. If service isn't working in your area or other issues its not uncommon for retention department to break the contract. He's just letting you know you have options and in no way is saying "leave now". Just agreeing with you because honestly there is nothing worse to an outsider (customer) then someone praising the company despite the large amount of issues the caller is having.

You did what you felt was best. Don't let my disagreement come off as me calling you out because I'm not. Just giving my opinion.

I understand where you come from. And I will not look at your disagreement as you calling me out. We are completely cool there. I appreciate the fact you gave your opinion and ensured to add that line as we know how the written word can be misconstrued without tone and inflection. :)

The thing is, he had the call d/c (which happens) but never called me back. If he calls me back with the resolution he was supposedly working on, do I say anything? Honestly? My honest answer? Put me on the spot? Probably not. He would have helped me fix my issue, I hope.

It's a catch 22 and I still struggle. Do you (as a CSR myself) say something because he was wrong? Or do you appreciate the honesty and let it go? You could go either way and not be wrong. I mean, we have two political parties, we have Coke and Pepsi, and apparently we have officiating issues and Dallas Cowboys lovers/haters. Mine is piddly in the grand scheme of things.

I did the best I thought needed to be done, and I can't change that. I am letting due process play out. I will make an informed decision when the time comes. I hope the four key things they did wrong are amended. If they do nothing more, it speaks volumes of them in my eyes, but, if I get the key four things resolved, then I can walk away and know at least that got fixed and be done with it. If they refuse to fix the four core issues, there will be some difficult conversations to be had in the future, and I'm going to have to figure out how to tactfully word it. I was very happy the final sup was cool and collective and knew when to listen and gave his advice and help, because others had the chip on the shoulder attitude and man did it make things worse!

Regardless, when the time is right, be it tomorrow, be it next month, be it contract end, we will re-evaluate where we should go because I'm pretty much done with Verizon, and it will take a Christmas miracle for me to stay after all this. We can't guarantee the service we'd get with T-Mobile or AT&T would be any better. We've all been in the main forums and main stories and seen what has been said. They all have issues. And everyone gaffes now and then. But when it's a comedy of errors (my favorite saying for this), something has to be done to address it. We'll see what happens. I just hope at bare minimum they do what is right and fix the errors, and if they offer me nothing extra, well, they don't. But I can come away with $150 in my pocket and no fears of a $500 Maxx charge on my bill.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I actually differ from your opinion. If it's that bad I'd rather the rep be true and tell me. I would much rather that than have someone trying to "go to bat" as you said for the company .. Especially if it's bull and we all know it's bull when you're being jerked around.

I applaud him for being a human and just giving his opinion... Instead of pretending your issues are small and his company is king of the kingdom.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't care what they say. I care what they DO. Key is to have the patience of a saint and keep at it. Call after call after call. Never give them an excuse to hang up. Say exactly what you want like I want this request for payment expunged. Who has the authority to do it? What is his number. May I speak to your supervisor? Repeat. I once had an insane hastle with them over canceling a discount Corporate Plan. I tried and tried and tried and FINALLY a woman in the store of all places (never expect them to know anything) took sympathy on me, called FOR me, went through a hassle you wouldn't believe, then gave me a number to call and told me word for word what to say and "hand me the phone if they say no" they said no, I handed her my phone...more hassle...handed phone back to me....asked for some obscure password I never used nor heard of ....she wrote down what it was and handed me the paper...they said OK....GRUDGINGLY. This process had gone on for a month before that. During the process I experienced anxiety attacks for the first and only time in my life. No fun at all

-Myk-

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Talking about making a mountain out of a mole hill. The dude was honest and you screwed him over. You would not of been happy regardless of what he told you.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Talking about making a mountain out of a mole hill. The dude was honest and you screwed him over. You would not of been happy regardless of what he told you.

When you are promised something you're allegedly not eligible for, when you're accused of not returning a device, when you are promised a bill credit yet to be added, when you have no faith a second bill credit (stemming from their screwup on another matter) will be added, you tell me how you'd be.

This isn't me calling in wanting $100 for a $5 glitch in my bill. I have legit concerns and I asked him and put him on the spot. Yes he was honest, I acknowledged that long ago. But you go to bat for the company and fix it. And the fact he never called me back when we got disconnected after he texted me he would do so speaks volumes.

So no it isn't a mountain out of an anthill. Unless you want to pony up $150 in cash (minimum, provided the "lost" phone is found) and send it to me, then it is a mountain they created. And I guarantee if they scammed you out of $150 you'd be ticked too, especially when you get told what you're told by that guy and have yet another promise broken.

People can have their opinions on this guy and what he said. I'm not asking he be fired. But this is just a microcosm of VZW customer service overall and it needs to be addressed. Again I worked for two call centers and if I essentially said what he said? I'd be darn lucky if I had a job after that.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I was told today they are still investigating the matter. This overall is approaching a month since they "received" it per USPS tracking. I have no answers. I have been very calm and patient with the man helping me but I asked today when I can expect a resolution. This has been on his desk since Friday night; it has been a thorn in my side since order date Dec. 9. If they can't find the phone by now, then they lost it but it isn't my fault if USPS delivered it. I'm going to figure out a new plan but they're basically trying to mess me over here, even if this one guy IS trying, and I deserve answers. It didn't take them long to hound me over accusations I didn't return the phone, but they do nothing when I prove to them they're wrong except continue to insist I am a liar.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I was told today they are still investigating the matter. This overall is approaching a month since they "received" it per USPS tracking. I have no answers. I have been very calm and patient with the man helping me but I asked today when I can expect a resolution. This has been on his desk since Friday night; it has been a thorn in my side since order date Dec. 9. If they can't find the phone by now, then they lost it but it isn't my fault if USPS delivered it. I'm going to figure out a new plan but they're basically trying to mess me over here, even if this one guy IS trying, and I deserve answers. It didn't take them long to hound me over accusations I didn't return the phone, but they do nothing when I prove to them they're wrong except continue to insist I am a liar.

And you are upset with the guy for telling you that you shouldn't be with Verizon and put up with this? This is why I differ because I wouldn't put up with that. Why would I give money to a company that calls me a liar even after I prove them wrong? The only way I would do it is if I had literally zero choice in a carrier (such as no one else worked around me) -- But if someone else worked. I would leave instantly.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
And you are upset with the guy for telling you that you shouldn't be with Verizon and put up with this? This is why I differ because I wouldn't put up with that. Why would I give money to a company that calls me a liar even after I prove them wrong? The only way I would do it is if I had literally zero choice in a carrier (such as no one else worked around me) -- But if someone else worked. I would leave instantly.

Look, I am not going to lie to you Almeiut, I am indeed getting to where you are and that is because of tonight. I'm getting what I feel needs to be done to resolve this first because if I don't, they're going to claim I owe them $500 for a lost phone. But when I called, they have no update, they won't give me the $100 at all period (despite me CLEARLY pointing out NOTHING proves their word is correct per the info they gave me), they won't give me any bill credits promised. They're basically being... well words that can't be repeated here.

I'm fighting until I get what I want out of this, and then I'm gone. In the meantime, I need to go higher up. I found a Florida regional manager e-mail form box on the Verizon website. I'm trying that route to ask if there is someone I can speak to and see what happens. I will examine other routes.

Meanwhile, the wife and I will be deciding when the best time to switch is. The sooner the better, but since five people are on the plan, it has to have more discussion than just me going out and doing it, or I'd have done it tonight. Decisions are made as a family, and there ARE ETFs, so it depends on what we end up doing. It's T-Mo or AT&T. AT&T gives us a better deal I think, T-Mo pays ETFs upon receiving the ETF bill, both have no service issues in the area. Just a matter of deciding what to do. But we'll figure that out over the next couple of days and coordinating with her family members on the plan. We'll figure it out. But tonight clinched it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Look, I am not going to lie to you Almeiut, I am indeed getting to where you are and that is because of tonight. I'm getting what I feel needs to be done to resolve this first because if I don't, they're going to claim I owe them $500 for a lost phone. But when I called, they have no update, they won't give me the $100 at all period (despite me CLEARLY pointing out NOTHING proves their word is correct per the info they gave me), they won't give me any bill credits promised. They're basically being... well words that can't be repeated here.

I'm fighting until I get what I want out of this, and then I'm gone. In the meantime, I need to go higher up. I found a Florida regional manager e-mail form box on the Verizon website. I'm trying that route to ask if there is someone I can speak to and see what happens. I will examine other routes.

Meanwhile, the wife and I will be deciding when the best time to switch is. The sooner the better, but since five people are on the plan, it has to have more discussion than just me going out and doing it, or I'd have done it tonight. Decisions are made as a family, and there ARE ETFs, so it depends on what we end up doing. It's T-Mo or AT&T. AT&T gives us a better deal I think, T-Mo pays ETFs upon receiving the ETF bill, both have no service issues in the area. Just a matter of deciding what to do. But we'll figure that out over the next couple of days and coordinating with her family members on the plan. We'll figure it out. But tonight clinched it.

Have you tried saying you're going to contact the BBB due to all of this? I mean if you have proof that you did your part and they're just flat out ignoring it I believe the BBB may help.

Also for the T-Mobile thing they will reimburse you but .. ensure you can pay the ETF yourself. Like most rebates it can take time and you want to pay Verizon off so it doesn't go to collections or anything .. and then you will receive a reimbursement from T-Mobile for the ETF (if you go this route).

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried saying you're going to contact the BBB due to all of this? I mean if you have proof that you did your part and they're just flat out ignoring it I believe the BBB may help.

Also for the T-Mobile thing they will reimburse you but .. ensure you can pay the ETF yourself. Like most rebates it can take time and you want to pay Verizon off so it doesn't go to collections or anything .. and then you will receive a reimbursement from T-Mobile for the ETF (if you go this route).
You can file a dispute with bbb, but the company has 3-4 weeks to respond, so don't expect a quick turnaround. You can also contact your state attorney general, but in my experience they take much longer than bbb.

Keep in mind, both act as mediators and cannot provide a binding judgement. In practice, bbb takes your complaint and send it to the company. Then send the company's reply to you.

The other option I mentioned above is to file a notice of dispute with Verizon. Sometimes just mentioning it can get the issue resolved. But read the terms of service carefully so you know how to respond. Even if it does go to arbitration, you don't have to pay anything.

" (4) IF EITHER OF US INTENDS TO SEEK ARBITRATION UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, THE PARTY SEEKING ARBITRATION MUST FIRST NOTIFY THE OTHER PARTY OF THE DISPUTE IN WRITING AT LEAST 30 DAYS IN ADVANCE OF INITIATING THE ARBITRATION. NOTICE TO VERIZON WIRELESS SHOULD BE SENT TO VERIZON WIRELESS DISPUTE RESOLUTION MANAGER, ONE VERIZON WAY, VC52N061, BASKING RIDGE, NJ 07920. THE NOTICE MUST DESCRIBE THE NATURE OF THE CLAIM AND THE RELIEF BEING SOUGHT. IF WE ARE UNABLE TO RESOLVE OUR DISPUTE WITHIN 30 DAYS, EITHER PARTY MAY THEN PROCEED TO FILE A CLAIM FOR ARBITRATION. WE'LL PAY ANY FILING FEE THAT THE AAA OR BBB CHARGES YOU FOR ARBITRATION OF THE DISPUTE. IF YOU PROVIDE US WITH SIGNED WRITTEN NOTICE THAT YOU CANNOT PAY THE FILING FEE, VERIZON WIRELESS WILL PAY THE FEE DIRECTLY TO THE AAA OR BBB. IF THAT ARBITRATION PROCEEDS, WE'LL ALSO PAY ANY ADMINISTRATIVE AND ARBITRATOR FEES CHARGED LATER, AS WELL AS FOR ANY APPEAL TO A PANEL OF THREE NEW ARBITRATORS (IF THE ARBITRATION AWARD IS APPEALABLE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT)."

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888