Had a Verizon call center rep tell me I shouldn't be with Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried saying you're going to contact the BBB due to all of this? I mean if you have proof that you did your part and they're just flat out ignoring it I believe the BBB may help.

Also for the T-Mobile thing they will reimburse you but .. ensure you can pay the ETF yourself. Like most rebates it can take time and you want to pay Verizon off so it doesn't go to collections or anything .. and then you will receive a reimbursement from T-Mobile for the ETF (if you go this route).

You can file a dispute with bbb, but the company has 3-4 weeks to respond, so don't expect a quick turnaround. You can also contact your state attorney general, but in my experience they take much longer than bbb.

Keep in mind, both act as mediators and cannot provide a binding judgement. In practice, bbb takes your complaint and send it to the company. Then send the company's reply to you.

The other option I mentioned above is to file a notice of dispute with Verizon. Sometimes just mentioning it can get the issue resolved. But read the terms of service carefully so you know how to respond. Even if it does go to arbitration, you don't have to pay anything.

" (4) IF EITHER OF US INTENDS TO SEEK ARBITRATION UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, THE PARTY SEEKING ARBITRATION MUST FIRST NOTIFY THE OTHER PARTY OF THE DISPUTE IN WRITING AT LEAST 30 DAYS IN ADVANCE OF INITIATING THE ARBITRATION. NOTICE TO VERIZON WIRELESS SHOULD BE SENT TO VERIZON WIRELESS DISPUTE RESOLUTION MANAGER, ONE VERIZON WAY, VC52N061, BASKING RIDGE, NJ 07920. THE NOTICE MUST DESCRIBE THE NATURE OF THE CLAIM AND THE RELIEF BEING SOUGHT. IF WE ARE UNABLE TO RESOLVE OUR DISPUTE WITHIN 30 DAYS, EITHER PARTY MAY THEN PROCEED TO FILE A CLAIM FOR ARBITRATION. WE'LL PAY ANY FILING FEE THAT THE AAA OR BBB CHARGES YOU FOR ARBITRATION OF THE DISPUTE. IF YOU PROVIDE US WITH SIGNED WRITTEN NOTICE THAT YOU CANNOT PAY THE FILING FEE, VERIZON WIRELESS WILL PAY THE FEE DIRECTLY TO THE AAA OR BBB. IF THAT ARBITRATION PROCEEDS, WE'LL ALSO PAY ANY ADMINISTRATIVE AND ARBITRATOR FEES CHARGED LATER, AS WELL AS FOR ANY APPEAL TO A PANEL OF THREE NEW ARBITRATORS (IF THE ARBITRATION AWARD IS APPEALABLE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT)."

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

Actually... I have an interesting twist. Get this... wait for it... waaaaiiiittttt ffoooorrrr iiiiitttt....

.... sit down for this one...

.... no seriously sit down....

I got a resolution!

So I did some googling out of desperation to find out the best way to handle issues. I stumbled onto a forum with this recommendation that worked for someone:

Region Leadership | Verizon Wireless

I figured, why not? I sent a very short letter to the Florida exec Wednesday and said I am having a serious customer service issue and I was contacting him out of desperation and hoped he could help me by returning my message and working with me. Didn't detail it at all, just stayed very, very vanilla and basic.

Thursday, I was e-mailed by one of his assistants, who is based in Arizona. I didn't have time Thursday, so today, I was off work so I called her and worked with her. I told her everything. This is the result from the EXECUTIVE BRANCH of VZW (which she clarified is SEPARATE from the call center):

-- She cannot explain the original sales rep telling me I was eligible for both programs, but, since it's VZW Promotions Department error, and because all documentation I have does not prove or show Early Edgers aren't eligible for the $100, she is actually glad I brought this to her attention because it is a serious breakdown and a fault for VZW in any promotion that needs addressed. Whether it be improving the FAQ or TOS, or clearly stating messages on the promotions, or even when redeeming codes. Maybe it can tell you that you're not eligible if you are doing ______, and if you are doing ______ and you still redeem the code, you get told "You're not eligible because ______." So in the end, I am not eligible in the eyes of the call centers, but no proof was ever truly given to me that I wasn't. We'll visit this issue a tad more later on.

-- My billing cycle JUST ended last night and the new one started today. So the bill is probably already printed. But, worst case scenario, she told me the $30 credit AND the shipping credit for the Dec. 26 overnight (which I was promised, came out to be $21.39) will be added as invisible credits. (Credits usually show up and say, "You have a $25 credit for your account" messages in the same spot it will tell you that you have X% discount through your employer.) For example, my bill could be (randomly) $500, and she credited $50. It may show $500 on the physical ink bill but it'll say on the website pay off amount for bill is $450, and the March bill will show the credits added in the whole "This is last month's payment/Thank you" section.

-- The Maxx phone hasn't been found. She called USPS and they aren't cooperating well. So she has calls out to her warehouses. Basically the deal is this: If you don't turn in a device within 45 days of activating the new one, you get charged. We have just past 30 days, but she has a 5-7 day timeline, so this charge shouldn't happen. If she has no answer from warehouse workers in 5-7 days or if it's still lost, she'll write it off as a loss and no charge. If they find it, they'll process the e-gift certificate as normal for my $100. In the event it DOES show I am charged for the phone at any point, she will wipe the credit off. In essence, found or not, the phone charge will in the end not be an issue for me. (She expects an answer Monday or Tuesday, though, as she says rarely do these escalations she orders take that long.)

-- So as you can infer from the last paragraph, she says the $100 credit WILL be honored. If it's not the traditional "phone found/e-gift certificate" scenario I just mentioned, she will add the $100 credit herself to the account like she did the other two credits. With that in mind, she said wait to pay my bill because it'll allow me to pay as less as possible as everything should be 100 percent resolved by the February 10 due date. Why pay more now when I can pay less?

So all four core key issues, half resolved today, battle plan for the other half. I'll have an answer by the end of next week, MAYBE the following Monday at the latest. She was very friendly, easy to communicate with, and she truly cared about my issues and said I was too valued of a long-term customer to be putting up with this stuff.

I just pinched myself. It hurt. So this is real. I actually got a resolution. I didn't know such people existed. But now... I found this on another forum, and it worked for me, so we need to tuck this one away under our hats and help others out when they have legitimate beef and the call centers are acting all stupid.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Glad it worked out. You were sent to executive relations. They are much more experienced at handling more difficult situations. If you had gone through with the notice of dispute, you probably would have been contacted by them too

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
While I have never had a problem with Verizon CS I have noticed a few things in the last year or so. It seems to me that the CSR's are not as helpful as they used to be. I have had CSR's in the past spend 2 or 3 days on an issue and call me back several times to update me on the resolution. All very professional and caring. I always had the issue resolved and usually was given a token credit for my trouble. They also have /had a large call center here in the Phoenix area and I would often get folks that lived here in my area. I guess my question is has Verizon outsourced the call center to another company? It just seems that they are not committed VZW CSR's anymore and don't have the knowledge they used to have. Anyone know?

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Really? The guy leveled with you and you fabricated some bs morality issue with it to justify calling back and throwing him under the bus purely because you needed attention? Amazing that you think because you are a call center monkey that you have some moral obligation to make sure this guy is 100% blind when it comes to his employer being wrong as you already stated they are. I'm sick after reading this. You just messed with someone's job for attention and by lying to yourself.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Mod note: please tone it down a notch. Everyone is welcome to share your opinion but please do so in a polite manner.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Glad it worked out. You were sent to executive relations. They are much more experienced at handling more difficult situations. If you had gone through with the notice of dispute, you probably would have been contacted by them too

And to follow up, as it took a few extra days since my case worker had a bit of the flu and missed some time off work (which is yucky and I am glad I got my flu shot)...

-- Phone found. Not in the specific warehouse they want it to be in to do the credit, but, it has been found, and I will NOT be charged any price for the phone.
-- Since the trade-in credit promotion department is separate from other warehouses, the lady I had been working with just went ahead and added a $100 credit to my bill, bringing my total credits to $151.39.
-- With those two bullet points, that means two promised credits, a no phone charge and the $100 refund -- all things I sought in a resolution -- were achieved. I thanked the lady left and right for the work she did. It shouldn't have had to get to that point, but she did everything that needed to be done, and I am thankful for that more than I could say to her.
-- The $151.39 DOES show up in the box as a credit has been applied right beneath where it says I get a 19% employee discount.

So all in all, it was a happy ending to a very rough, stressful situation. I have put it all behind me and I am moving on from it. I learned a tip that hopefully others who have serious customer service issues can use as well, and I won't hesitate to use it in the future if need be if customer service has a severe failure ever again. It doesn't mean I stay with Verizon 100 percent when it's new phone time. However, the yeoman's work this woman did was faith-restoring and did mean a lot to me personally, and will be considered along with the bad when reviewing Verizon come time to make the next move in the phone arena.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
And to follow up, as it took a few extra days since my case worker had a bit of the flu and missed some time off work (which is yucky and I am glad I got my flu shot)...

-- Phone found. Not in the specific warehouse they want it to be in to do the credit, but, it has been found, and I will NOT be charged any price for the phone.
-- Since the trade-in credit promotion department is separate from other warehouses, the lady I had been working with just went ahead and added a $100 credit to my bill, bringing my total credits to $151.39.
-- With those two bullet points, that means two promised credits, a no phone charge and the $100 refund -- all things I sought in a resolution -- were achieved. I thanked the lady left and right for the work she did. It shouldn't have had to get to that point, but she did everything that needed to be done, and I am thankful for that more than I could say to her.
-- The $151.39 DOES show up in the box as a credit has been applied right beneath where it says I get a 19% employee discount.

So all in all, it was a happy ending to a very rough, stressful situation. I have put it all behind me and I am moving on from it. I learned a tip that hopefully others who have serious customer service issues can use as well, and I won't hesitate to use it in the future if need be if customer service has a severe failure ever again. It doesn't mean I stay with Verizon 100 percent when it's new phone time. However, the yeoman's work this woman did was faith-restoring and did mean a lot to me personally, and will be considered along with the bad when reviewing Verizon come time to make the next move in the phone arena.

... and now she has a voice mail waiting for her on Monday because the credits are GONE off my bill (I verified they were there; wish I had screen shotted them), and I got an e-mail today that says my device wasn't received and they're charging me for it, which goes against what she told me.

Someone has clearly gone behind this lady and screwed up her work. It's the only logical explanation. So, my bill is due the 10th. If they don't fix it by the 9th, I'm not paying it. Plain and simple. They can accuse me of being late but I'm not paying for what I don't owe, and I'm not going to deal with partial payment stuff, either. They fix it, or they don't get my cash. Again, I'm sure it's not this lady's fault. I'm willing to bet someone else messed it up. But it has to be fixed.

The fact my first issue with the company was Nov. 28, and we're now into month three? We'll see what happens, and what finances bring (a hot water heater, for example, is more important), but I may be switching sooner than later IF feasible. Otherwise, at contract time, we're gone.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
... and now she has a voice mail waiting for her on Monday because the credits are GONE off my bill (I verified they were there; wish I had screen shotted them), and I got an e-mail today that says my device wasn't received and they're charging me for it, which goes against what she told me.

Someone has clearly gone behind this lady and screwed up her work. It's the only logical explanation. So, my bill is due the 10th. If they don't fix it by the 9th, I'm not paying it. Plain and simple. They can accuse me of being late but I'm not paying for what I don't owe, and I'm not going to deal with partial payment stuff, either. They fix it, or they don't get my cash. Again, I'm sure it's not this lady's fault. I'm willing to bet someone else messed it up. But it has to be fixed.

The fact my first issue with the company was Nov. 28, and we're now into month three? We'll see what happens, and what finances bring (a hot water heater, for example, is more important), but I may be switching sooner than later IF feasible. Otherwise, at contract time, we're gone.
You should pay your bill because eventually they will send it to collections and when it does say bye bye to your credit rating. All this does is hurt you in the end

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
You should pay your bill because eventually they will send it to collections and when it does say bye bye to your credit rating. All this does is hurt you in the end

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I will not discuss the past two years of my personal life on here for it is nobody's business, and I do not say this to be a smart alec and I hope you can respect that. It is very personal and trying. But my credit rating is the least of my concerns right now. I'll take the hit. But I'm also confident the issue will be resolved properly because again, I maintain someone went behind her and screwed everything up, and now it just needs to be re-fixed.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I will not discuss the past two years of my personal life on here for it is nobody's business, and I do not say this to be a smart alec and I hope you can respect that. It is very personal and trying. But my credit rating is the least of my concerns right now. I'll take the hit. But I'm also confident the issue will be resolved properly because again, I maintain someone went behind her and screwed everything up, and now it just needs to be re-fixed.

My best guess would be that the warehouse that was supposed to have the phone (rather than the one that does have it) entered a missing phone into the system so the credit went away. A quick phone call with your corporate contact should settle this quickly.

Best of luck, though. :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Beware, bad credit can make it harder to buy a car or a house, or open credit cards, or new line of service, etc. Anything that checks your credit would be impacted

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Beware, bad credit can make it harder to buy a car or a house, or open credit cards, or new line of service, etc. Anything that checks your credit would be impacted

dpham00,

I'm going to politely state this because A.) avoids walls upon walls upon walls of text, and B.) avoids me crying uncontrollably typing it.

But I'm already there for reasons I don't want to state so really, what's one more thing going to do? It was have surgery, take out a loan, and risk being close to bankruptcy or die from infection, because I couldn't get financial assistance to help me (not even medicaid.) One hundred times out of 100 I'd rather be in the situation I am in now than dead.

So with that stated, I hope people can respect my stance and not bring up the credit issue because it is very sensitive. None of you were privy to that info beforehand, I am not mad at anybody whatsoever, but I just wanted to say it before the "Don't let your credit go bad" police continue. I'm already there and hopefully within the next six months I can get the big stuff to the point my head is above the water table and not below it.

But it is what it is now, and I am optimistic this will be resolved with VZW properly. I still think someone came behind her and screwed something up, be it automated or human (given Eclipse's answer, I'll add in automated), so now we need to re-fix it.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
dpham00,

I'm going to politely state this because A.) avoids walls upon walls upon walls of text, and B.) avoids me crying uncontrollably typing it.

But I'm already there for reasons I don't want to state so really, what's one more thing going to do? It was have surgery, take out a loan, and risk being close to bankruptcy or die from infection, because I couldn't get financial assistance to help me (not even medicaid.) One hundred times out of 100 I'd rather be in the situation I am in now than dead.

So with that stated, I hope people can respect my stance and not bring up the credit issue because it is very sensitive. None of you were privy to that info beforehand, I am not mad at anybody whatsoever, but I just wanted to say it before the "Don't let your credit go bad" police continue. I'm already there and hopefully within the next six months I can get the big stuff to the point my head is above the water table and not below it.

But it is what it is now, and I am optimistic this will be resolved with VZW properly. I still think someone came behind her and screwed something up, be it automated or human (given Eclipse's answer, I'll add in automated), so now we need to re-fix it.

So then you want to make it worse only out of principle of a $150 dollar credit ? Making your credit rating drop more because of $150 dollar credit is dumb imo but it's your problem not mine . Bad credit can even stop you from getting a job because they do check your credit reports as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
The lady fixed it first thing of her work day. She said call if it happens again, but I took mobile screen shots of everything and did printouts on the desktop. Bill paid today. Future issues will be reported but I won't lose my credits this time as I used them. No word what caused it. I still agree with earlier post that it was the email somehow, someway.

Any future issues though, despite it not being that lady's fault, will have us immediately leaving VZW. For now we are going to ride contracts out and roll with it. We may stay if this smooths out over time. I give too many chances probably. But one more and I'm gone within days, ASAP, etc. We won't do an optional house project but we will be gone and out from the ETFs.

Edit : it WAS the email that caused it. They claimed no phone receipt in one warehouse and charged me for the phone which wiped the credits out. The lady wiped out the phone charge and restored the credits. All should be done now. She told me this in a voice mail. This means Eclipse was correct in his assumption.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thread closed. I think that this thread has run its course, and I will honor his request to not discuss further. The op got resolution,which I am glad to hear.

To the op, if you wish to re open the thread, shoot me a pm and I will open it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae