Why is my Phone Powering off within 1 to 3 minutes even though battery full charged?

1st Mobile Device

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Why is my Phone Powering off within 1 to 3 minutes even though battery full charged?
Was told due to downloading Google + and google + had a update few days later and it starting shutting down a lot of Verizon's programs. Had Tech support fix all these issues I think.. went to settings had phone change auto update to manual then // shut down several programs with force stop, clear data then restarted programs then uninstalled updates for google + powered off and restarted no phone does not start shutting down programs that control verizon so I know this worked but still will shut down after 2 or 4 minutes now.... Could it be the battery??? should i buy a replacement???
Model SCH-I535 Verizon White Samsung Galaxy S3

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
When you turn it back on, after it turns off, look at the battery graph in Settings. Press the graph and you'll get a second graph. In that graph, is the battery going down to 0 in just about 0 time? If so (and I suspect it is), it's a defective battery. Since it's a new phone, I'd ask for a free battery replacement. Badly misusing the battery should take more than 6 months to put it into that bad a condition. (It's actually a problem with lithium batteries that no one's been able to come up with a solution for yet - if you search lithium battery dendrite you'll find a lot of information about it, It can occur with a brand new battery through no fault of anyone's, so it's actually a manufacturing defect.)

If it's not under warranty, an S3 battery is about $10 on Amazon. Anker and Hyperion batteries are pretty good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc