1x coverage on calls? Trouble hearing, voice breaking up

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
My phone drops to 1x when I make I call and people have trouble hearing because I am breaking up? Is this normal? This annoys me very much bc that didn't happen on AT&T network!

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: 1x coverage on calls?

It doesn't sound normal. What device do you have? Did you recently change to Verizon?

From an AOSP M8

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

Just began service with Verizon on December 31. I have the Sony Xperia z3v. And I didn't notice this until today, when I need good voice service, as our son had surgery and we were in the hospital, trying to call family! My husband has the Galaxy s4 and had no problem at all!

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

It might be a device with a bad radio. I think the first thing I would do is talk to the carrier and see what options are.

From an AOSP M8

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Please do not start a new post on the same topic. I already answered your question last time. Basically, it was your phone choice - the z3v doesn't support simultaneous voice and data (excluding volte, which your phone probably doesn't support now). There many Verizon phones that do support it-s3,s4,s5,note 2,3,4 to name a few. Iphone 6 /6p can do it over volte. I even provided screen shots from the fcc confirming this.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=4172976

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Sorry for misunderstanding your original post. Put it simply, dropping to 1x is normal. The reason was explained previously though I understand that it might be too tech oriented for you. However, Trouble hearing is not. I would contact Verizon for troubleshooting. They will probably issue you a new sim and /or warranty phone.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Sorry but I think there may have been a misunderstanding over your question. Concerning your signal quality for a phone call, that is can vary from device to device. Samsung's seem to be better at signal reception than some other devices. I saw this first hand myself with my wife having an S4 and getting better signal than the rest of our family with varying OEM's. As dpham explained it could be even as simple as a faulty device.