any new phones coming out in the short term?

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a Verizon LG G2 which I partially cracked the other day. The top part of the screen is not responsive, although about 85% of the screen still works.

I have insurance on the phone and I am considering paying the ~$100 deductible so I can get a replacement. However, I am not sure if there are other phones on the horizon, in which case I'd rather wait a bit rather than spend the $100 on a replacement phone now.

So - is there any other new phone worth waiting a few weeks for? Or should I just replace my existing phone? Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The only flagship level phone that has been announced is the G Flex 2. Otherwise, flagships will be announced at the MWC sometime in March, I think, and probably won't be available until April or May.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
The only flagship level phone that has been announced is the G Flex 2. Otherwise, flagships will be announced at the MWC sometime in March, I think, and probably won't be available until April or May.

thanks - would I be able to buy a Sprint version and use it on Verizon? since it seems that the G Flex 2 won't be released on VZW

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Best buy has the prepaid Moto Luge on sale for $50 and from what I've read, you should be able to move your Sim from your G2 and should work just fine on your post paid account. It's basically a rebranded Moto Razr M. For $50, it should hold you over until something you want comes out and keep the Luge as a backup.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
The only phones coming out soon will be the Samsung Galaxy s6, HTC M9 around March and the LG G4 around July?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Bestbuy is offering $100 gift card if you get a note 4 and it's an great phone if you don't mind the size

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Put that hundred toward a droid turbo. It's great, has awesome battery life and is very close to stock vanilla android

DRoID TuRBo this...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Best buy has the prepaid Moto Luge on sale for $50 and from what I've read, you should be able to move your Sim from your G2 and should work just fine on your post paid account. It's basically a rebranded Moto Razr M. For $50, it should hold you over until something you want comes out and keep the Luge as a backup.
I have one and it is pretty good, considering $50 no contract.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Put that hundred toward a droid turbo. It's great, has awesome battery life and is very close to stock vanilla android

DRoID TuRBo this...

Meh I don't get the glamor over the turbo . Mediocre camera and personally don't like the build quality at all .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888