Verizon cutting their data plans up to $10;10gb/$80 reverts to $100

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is reducing the prices of some tiers up to $10. However the $10gb/$80 promotion will be removed, meaning that the 10gb tier will revert to $100. The 15gb tier will go from a promotional $100 to a promotional $120/$130 for 14 and 16gb,respectively.

Verizon's cutting their data plans across the board up to $10/month Verizon's cutting their data plans across the board up to $10/month | Android Central

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
People who have the $80 10gb plan are allowed to keep it ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes if you have it then you can keep it so long as you don't make changes to the tier. Meaning if you change your plan then you will not be able to get expired promotions back on the plan.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes if you have it then you can keep it so long as you don't make changes to the tier. Meaning if you change your plan then you will not be able to get expired promotions back on the plan.

Ok thanks just wanted to make sure I can keep it.
Already paying $144 as it is for the plan now and don't feel paying more for it . As it is I can't go lower because I'm already near max and forced to not use data till my billing cycle is over

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Make sure those that want the $80 / 10 GB to nab it now! As dpham said .. it is going away after today.

jfd3

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a 100 dollar 15 gb plan that they offered me when the 8 Gb went away. The deal was that I could save $10 and go to 10 gb or pay $10 more for 15 gb. There was no discussion that this was a promotional offer.

Posted via Android Central App

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Is this gone (10gb for $80, 30GB for $130) or is there some time to act?

Isn't this a price increase?

Also, can anyone explain this:

"Additionally, for a limited time customers who choose MORE Everything plans of 6GB or higher can add smartphones on Verizon Edge for only $15 a month after a $25 access discount per line."

Does that mean all phones on 6+GB of data will only be $15/m on edge + a $25/m edge discount?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a 100 dollar 15 gb plan that they offered me when the 8 Gb went away. The deal was that I could save $10 and go to 10 gb or pay $10 more for 15 gb. There was no discussion that this was a promotional offer.

Posted via Android Central App
It is promotional in the sense that it will not always be around. But if you have it then you can keep it even after the promotion ends

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Is this gone (10gb for $80, 30GB for $130) or is there some time to act?

Isn't this a price increase?

Also, can anyone explain this:

"Additionally, for a limited time customers who choose MORE Everything plans of 6GB or higher can add smartphones on Verizon Edge for only $15 a month after a $25 access discount per line."

Does that mean all phones on 6+GB of data will only be $15/m on edge + a $25/m edge discount?

It isn't an increase . The 6GB plan was $80 but increased the data plan to 10gb. Now the plan will go back to 6gb and now they will add a "new" 10gb plan for $100.

Any plan with 6gb or more will get a $25 discount if you have edge and anything 4gb or below will get $15

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking of adding my daughter & family to my VZW plan in order to try to save some money for all of us. They're up for renewal in Feb, I still have a year or more to go. Would this promo be a good time to do this, any idea if it would save money? They have 4 users and if I'm not mistaken usually go for the free phones available at the time they renew.

Thanks,
Deb

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking of adding my daughter & family to my VZW plan in order to try to save some money for all of us. They're up for renewal in Feb, I still have a year or more to go. Would this promo be a good time to do this, any idea if it would save money? They have 4 users and if I'm not mistaken usually go for the free phones available at the time they renew.

Thanks,
Deb
Are you on more everything plan or a legacy plan, and if so, which one?

If you are on more everything plan and on 6gb or higher, then the line access charge is $15/40 for off contract /on contract(4gb or less, $25/40). If you want the cheapest, buy a prepaid 4GLTE smartphone. I was able to pick up a motorola luge for $50 no contract. Keep in mind that you would have to have a post paid phone to activate on the line, then swap sims to the prepaid phone.

If you decide to get the free on contract phone then that will cost you $600 more over no contract over 2 years, assuming 6gb or higher

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I would not pay $120 for data i would get a new provider with unlimited lol

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm paying $140 a month for 10gb and $29 is for the note 4 edge payments , and $10 for the iPad on my plan . Coverage is important and t-mobile I had various issues with .

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
What kind of problems did you have? I love my verizon survis do not get me wrong it is just exspinsive. I am on one gb $30 is it cheeper now $20

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
What were the problems you had with T Mobile that's what I meant to ask sorry about the confusion on that
I had T-Mobile before Verizon and the only thing that ducked for me on T-Mobile was the coverage. Customer service was great for me. I just couldn't deal with the crappy signal.