Droid 2 and Verizon Reps

tsweeney77

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I went in to Verizon today to have my phone looked at and replaced because the slider is loose and opens crooked. The sliding screen can be offset by almost 3/16" and opens in my pocket.

I've only had this phone less then two months and not hard on the phone either. My account is good standing.

3 Verizon reps told me they won't replace the phone under Motorola's orders. The offsetting screen is from normal wear and tear and not subject to warranty replacement. I told them that if I would have known that this phone would have been like this after 2 months, I would have never bought it. They looked at me like they wanted to say, "oh well."

I was on my way to work, so I didn't have time to screw around any longer. I'm thinking about eating the $350 ETF and going to Sprint. This still pi$$e$ me off.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I went in to Verizon today to have my phone looked at and replaced because the slider is loose and opens crooked. The sliding screen can be offset by almost 3/16" and opens in my pocket.

I've only had this phone less then two months and not hard on the phone either. My account is good standing.

3 Verizon reps told me they won't replace the phone under Motorola's orders. The offsetting screen is from normal wear and tear and not subject to warranty replacement. I told them that if I would have known that this phone would have been like this after 2 months, I would have never bought it. They looked at me like they wanted to say, "oh well."

I was on my way to work, so I didn't have time to screw around any longer. I'm thinking about eating the $350 ETF and going to Sprint. This still pi$$e$ me off.

Here is my thoughts on this,,,,you shouldnt go paying 350 because they were jerks,,, if you do that you will be switching to another company that is to big to care how well they treat their customers...

here is what i would do. Since they are not honoring warranty i would sell the D2 for lets say 250 or 300 and and that to the money you were going to spend to get out of your VZ contract and buy a phone off contract . I bought my Fascinate for 350 and my girlfriends phone for 300 both off of craigslist.
Then you would have a new phone off contract and you would not need to get yourself chained down to another contract. If you do something like this you will be the one who laughs in the end because you are able to get a better phone and save yourself from being owned by any contract.

Im not saying you should get a Fascinate,,, which i love by the way coming from a DX i think this phone is so much better but thats my opinon..... but you could get the DX and it would still be better than the D2 it has no moving parts besides the buttons and it has alot bigger screen.

anyway thats just my idea, i wouldnt let some jerk reps force you into giving away 350 dollars

grappledon#AC

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
i would call customer care and complain about that and find something else to complain about. in my experience it has been easier to get phones replaced by calling then it is to go into a verizon store.

i would not pay the etf just because of that... they end up making out much better then you and have the last laugh then.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I would try either going to another store (if there is one in your area) or calling tech support over the phone and explaining the issue.

The phone sliding open in your pocket is normal. I had it on my droid. The hinge issue is not. The issue with sliding phones is that they won't stay shut in your pocket, but the hinge shouldn't wear that fast.

I'd definately try calling first before you pay the ETF. Also, where did you get the phone? Was it at a corp store or somewhere like wirefly? Remember places like wirefly will charge you the retail cost of the phone (in addition to the ETF) since verizon won't pay them commission on your sale, or give them a portion of the ETF.

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Call Motorola directly, see if they can repair it. Or go to a store and have a rep look at the phone and notate the account that it's a warranty issue or order the phone for you. They may not being doing since it sounds like physical damage. Regardless of how people treat their phones, we are more abusive to these things then we think. Do you shove your Blu-Ray player in your pocked and/or purse? Do you drop your TV on the floor when it slips out of your hand?

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Go to a different store. My BB Storm 9550 had issues with the surepress screen and was way too sensitive and click multiple times on the lightest touch. Brought it to VZW and they said there was nothing they can do. So I went to a different store and told them the issue. Guy said be right back and took a brand new one from a box since they did not have replacement and replaced my phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy