Does anyone else feel they are getting a bad deal with Verizon pricing?

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
We are paying 110 for 2 lines 1 gb data. I am thinking of going to someone else. How do you feel? Is your bill to much and are you looking to change providers? note we are both in contract. I think bill goes down $30 when out of contract.

Posted via the Android Central App

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes but most of the time, I do not. I researched Sprint but, the costs are about the same. I am on the 10gb plan and I do not use the 10gb but its cheaper for me than doing the 2 or 3 gb plan. That is because I get the $25 discount off each mobile line. Overall when I compare the price against the other carriers, I am saving about $20 per month so, it does not make sense for me to change.

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I think that is really weird. Get a cheaper price for more data pay more for less data. How strange but whatever is long as it works in our benefit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I would never stick with Verizon on a share plan. I pay $45/month for 30 minutes and unlimited data, and an extra $30 on top of that for unlimited hotspot. If I ever lost that, I'd go to another provider. Probably Cricket or something.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't feel bad, I have a legacy plan with unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE data and unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE hotspot. I also have a 4GLTE broadband router with voice on one of my lines. My plan is way cheaper than any other carrier's plans, both current and legacy.

As for the current plans, yes there are cheaper options out there. If Sprint or T-Mobile works where you need it then they are good options. Verizon won't match them on pricing.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I feel that if you're unhappy with VZW then you can always exercise your option to change providers. Everyone has the provider they've chosen for their own reasons. We all have to use what works best for us.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Verizon is more expensive since they have way better coverage in the grand scheme of things -- That is what you pay the higher price for.

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I would never stick with Verizon on a share plan. I pay $45/month for 30 minutes and unlimited data, and an extra $30 on top of that for unlimited hotspot. If I ever lost that, I'd go to another provider. Probably Cricket or something.

I assume you use Google Voice or some other VOIP provider with that plan? I've looked into going that route full time too.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
With my corporate and fios discounts it is a pretty good deal for us. 3 smartphones, 15gb of data for $115 before taxes and devices. We use a crazy number of talk minutes and texts, so we need a plan where those are unlimited.

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think he meant 300 I hope lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S4
The $45 plan with unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE has 30 minutes talk (not 300 minutes). It also comes with subsidized phones, so it is really cheap, if you only need unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE. To compare to non subsidized plans, you can reduce it by $15-20.

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I think he meant 300 I hope lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S4

It's not 300. Verizon has an old legacy plan for those of with unlimited data. It comes with 30 voice minutes, pay per text, and unlimited data for $45 before taxes. If someone was to use Google Voice full time for calls and texts, you can't beat that deal on Verizon.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
The $45 plan with unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE has 30 minutes talk (not 300 minutes). It also comes with subsidized phones, so it is really cheap, if you only need unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE. To compare to non subsidized plans, you can reduce it by $15-20.

You joking? It really comes with subsidized phones?

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I assume you use Google Voice or some other VOIP provider with that plan? I've looked into going that route full time too.

Yep. Google Voice with Hangouts. Unlimited calls and texts through data. Only thing I really miss out on is group texts. I still get texts that are sent as group texts. I just get them as individual texts and can only respond to the individual who sent a specific text.

UpTheDumper

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
I wish there was a plan with data and unlimited hotspot. I fly very frustrated with Verizon and ditched them went to at&t haven't Looked back yet. [Edited by Moderator]

Posted from the commode, thanks to Samsung Galaxy S5a.

Last edited by a moderator:

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Verizon costs me $100/month for my single line. I believe it to be worth it for the stellar coverage. Ive had service with lesser coverage providers in the past and would never go back to any one of them, tried the main four. Without coverage when I need to use my phone it is useless. You get what you pay for.

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
To the last poster. I would never ever pay $100 for one phone line. that is a lot of money for one device even if the service is very darn good. I would much rather use a cheaper company and suffer no data on coverage every once in awhile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38