Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wow, Verizon FTW.

I complained about the coverage at my house. They ended up sending a dude to my place with a test phone and a bunch of other equipment for signal analysis, etc.

It turns out I live too close to the tower and they can't angle down the transmitter any further because it would compromise other people's signal quality, so they sent me a free network extender.

Granted it doesn't have any 3G, but I use wifi at the house anyway. Now my battery is lasting far longer and my dBm to the femtocell is like -50, instead of the -110 I was getting to the tower. My Droid's battery usage stats use to show cell standby behind the display for the largest power draw, now I don't even see cell standby on the list anymore because its such a small draw.

Very nice
    Google didn't license "Droid" from Lucasarts, which makes the Moto Droid better than Nexus One.......
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Wow that's awesome! Verizon sent someone to my place too when I had the Touch Pro 2 and was experiencing 3G problems. It turned out to be the phone, not the network, but I was still impressed they had done that.

When I was with Sprint, they were always trying to troubleshoot my issues from a call center in India and most of the time my call would somehow drop or I'd get transferred to another person.

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7.1

Thats pretty cool that they would do that for you, I can't imagine how many companies would just brush off the customer and still expect them to pay the monthly bill
    Siemens CF62T> Samsung T329 Stripe Black> MyTouch 3G Black (Android 1.6 Donut)> Blackberry Bold 9700 (5.0.0.330)> Samsung T219 Brown (backup crap dumbphone)> Google/HTC Nexus One (CM7.2)> Google/LG Nexus 4 (Android 4.2.2)

Great success story! I really wish AT&T had been so nice when we had this problem (and had to cancel our contract 6 months early)... But if that had happened, I would never have got my Droid.
    VZW Droid Incredible. <3 me some Sense UI.

When we moved into this house we found that the coverage was terrible. We called Sprint to complain, they advised that they were in the process of upgrading the nearest tower. They committed to letting us out of our contract ETF-free if our coverage did not improve within the next 60 days and gave us a big fat credit to our account plus free unlimited data on two phones. (This was about five years ago, before the the signal extenders were readily available.) Sure enough, we suddenly had excellent coverage about a month and a half later.
    T - Mobile Samsung Galaxy 4