Best deal for VZ Note 4 with 2 year contract?

scuba_steve

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I held off on pulling the trigger when they had the deal last month because I wanted to try out an S6 first. I have checked that box and decided that I still want a Note 4, but the contract price seems to be back up to $299. Anyone have any insight into a good source (or timing) for a deal? I suppose the price will drop after the S6 actually starts shipping, but I was hoping to buy now so I don't start thinking about the Note 5. ;)

Thanks.

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
You have to wait for a sale again. The regular price probably won't do untill the Note 5 comes out. I got it for $200 around Thanksgiving.

You might want to try through the Comcast site. Looks like they are giving a $200 gift card. I don't think you actually have to be a Comcast Customer.

http://www.comcast.com/m/verizon-wireless

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
You might want to try through the Comcast site. Looks like they are giving a $200 gift card. I don't think you actually have to be a Comcast Customer.

< link excised >
Interesting. I did not know about this and will have to see if still applicable. Thanks for that link.

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Check Amazon.com they have been $199 to $229 over the last couple of weeks. If you have a Best buy around get it from them they will price match amazon. They have also had it for $199 with a $100 dollar gift card. This the Verizon note 4 price. Sprint has had it for $199 Att has it for similar prices.

Posted via the Android Central App

scuba_steve

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Check Amazon.com they have been $199 to $229 over the last couple of weeks. If you have a Best buy around get it from them they will price match amazon. They have also had it for $199 with a $100 dollar gift card. This the Verizon note 4 price. Sprint has had it for $199 Att has it for similar prices.

I stopped by BestBuy yesterday and had no luck.

The BB phone rep stated that they cannot provide any discount or price match for my situation - a current off-contract VZ customer looking for an upgrade with a 2 year contract. Discounts/gift cards are available if you are willing to go with Edge, which I am not. I typically keep my phone for 3 years and don't want to pay monthly. A discount is also available if you are a new VZ customer, which again, I am not. He also stated that they must charge the $40 upgrade fee on top of the $299 phone price. This is ridiculous in my opinion. The phone has been out for about six months and is nowhere near being the latest hot thing from Samsung. Clearly, that is the S6, which I can get from BB for $199 with a free wireless charging base.

I then stopped by a corporate VZ store and they told the same story, which again, I find ridiculous. I am a current off-contract VZ customer. They should want to retain me. Instead, they appear to value a new customer more. If I didn't have my daughter and wife on this plan as well, I would walk.

I'll check Amazon. Thanks.

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

The BB phone rep stated that they cannot provide any discount or price match for my situation - a current off-contract VZ customer looking for an upgrade with a 2 year contract. Discounts/gift cards are available if you are willing to go with Edge, which I am not. I typically keep my phone for 3 years and don't want to pay monthly. A discount is also available if you are a new VZ customer, which again, I am not. He also stated that they must charge the $40 upgrade fee on top of the $299 phone price. This is ridiculous in my opinion. The phone has been out for about six months and is nowhere near being the latest hot thing from Samsung. Clearly, that is the S6, which I can get from BB for $199 with a free wireless charging base.

I then stopped by a corporate VZ store and they told the same story, which again, I find ridiculous. I am a current off-contract VZ customer. They should want to retain me. Instead, they appear to value a new customer more. If I didn't have my daughter and wife on this plan as well, I would walk.

What plan on you on? It might be cheaper on edge.

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

That employee either lied to you or didn't know. The price match policy is posted at the store and online. This was my second update I did at bestbuy. I am on a 2 year contract plan also. Price match has nothing to do with with what type of plan you have.
Below is BestBuy's price match policy

At the time of sale, we price match all local retail competitors (including their online prices) and we price match products shipped from and sold by these major online retailers: Amazon.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, HP.com, Newegg.com, and TigerDirect.com.
We match BestBuy.com prices on in-store purchases and in-store prices on BestBuy.com purchases.
If we lower our price during the return and exchange period, we will match our lower price, upon request.
Our Price Match Guarantee covers one price match per identical item, per customer, at the current pre-tax price available to all customers.

Last edited:

scuba_steve

May 1, 2011
Visit site
What plan on you on? It might be cheaper on edge.

I already have a pretty decent deal. It's a 3 line family plan for 15GB doubled to 30GB. I have 20% off for a corporate discount and another $60 off monthly because I bitched about all three of our lines being off contract. They are keeping that discount even as we upgrade.

Frankly, I am also just not a fan of Edge. Seems like a teaser rate with a lot of long-term unknowns. Upgrade at 50%...um, no 60...no 75% paid off. I'd rather lock in all of the costs and factors up front. If I would get a substantial reduction in my bill, we would just buy our phones outright.

BTW, Amazon was the best deal. I pulled the trigger yesterday for $229. Thanks for that info jpriest007.

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I already have a pretty decent deal. It's a 3 line family plan for 15GB doubled to 30GB. I have 20% off for a corporate discount and another $60 off monthly because I bitched about all three of our lines being off contract. They are keeping that discount even as we upgrade.

Frankly, I am also just not a fan of Edge. Seems like a teaser rate with a lot of long-term unknowns. Upgrade at 50%...um, no 60...no 75% paid off. I'd rather lock in all of the costs and factors up front. If I would get a substantial reduction in my bill, we would just buy our phones outright.

BTW, Amazon was the best deal. I pulled the trigger yesterday for $229. Thanks for that info jpriest007.

In your case it is probably a better deal. No upfront cost and $40 upgrade fee. You will get a $25 discount by going into edge. It will be $29.16 a month for the Note 4 on edge. So on edge the phone will cost you $99.84 over 2 years vs $269 you paid upfront to Amazon.

I personally would have purchased on edge in your case.

Jason Fournier1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a mint condition used Note 4 for $440 on swappa.com. To me that is the best deal. I will only pay the month to month line fee of $15 and end up saving $259 over edge.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
In your case it is probably a better deal. No upfront cost and $40 upgrade fee. You will get a $25 discount by going into edge. It will be $29.16 a month for the Note 4 on edge. So on edge the phone will cost you $99.84 over 2 years vs $269 you paid upfront to Amazon.

I personally would have purchased on edge in your case.

Yes, you'd be better off on the edge plan. If for whatever reason you don't want the interest free loan, you can pay the whole balance off after thirty days. So the first month pay $29.16 plus the sales tax on the $699. Then the next month pay down the $670 balance. No upgrade charge either.

Posted via Android Central App

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
According to DealNews you can pick up a Verizon or Sprint Note 4 for $1.00 at BestBuy with a tqo year contract.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes