Just switched from T-mobile

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
New to verizon. Really liking the way their prepaid plans work. $45 for 1.5gb (autopay). $20 for 3gb of data making it 4.5gb total, and the 3gb of data doesn't expire until 90 days. If I really wanted I could do 7.5gb for approximately $85.

Problem I had with T-mobile was spotty reception on my iphone 6. Wouldn't be a problem because if I didn't get LTe Id' get 4g except t-mobiles 4g is very slow (can't really use it), and calls were not reliable on 4g (poor audio quality, and dropped calls).

Wish T-mobile was better at my house but gotta get a service that will work reliably every time.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
t-mobile is great in areas they cover. Unfortunately their overall call coverage is definitely less than Verizon's. Cricket is good since they use at&t which is almost as good as Verizon in call coverage. I've tried t-mobile several times over the years but always come running back to Verizon fairly quickly

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Tmo is alot better than people ke it sound.

Yeah quite frankly I was surprised by T-mobiles service. It was really good when I had my note 3. In fact all points to tmo having better service in the Dallas area than AT&T.
No real issues except home, work, and a few places around.
I believe the iphone 6 doesn't have as good of an antenna for band 4 or something compared to my previous phones. I've been having issues where I had none with my note 3. I've had apple replace the device, and troubleshoot. Also had T-mobile do the same. It is unclear what the problem is.

On Verizon so far in the past 5 hours I haven't had a single drop in service from LTE. I got Verizon mostly to test the iphone 6 to make sure it was just t-mobiles network vs the iphone 6. I also wanted to try the last carrier I haven't tried for mobile service. (I've tried the other three).
However if the service in the past few hours is indication of how things will be, chances are I will stay on Verizon for a while longer, albeit I am not sure if I can live with no data during a call...

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Verizon is a bit betteer but there is only one place that was a dead. It was in the App mountains county Ashe. There were alot of places it did work how ever. I was shocked.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah quite frankly I was surprised by T-mobiles service. It was really good when I had my note 3. In fact all points to tmo having better service in the Dallas area than AT&T.
No real issues except home, work, and a few places around.
I believe the iphone 6 doesn't have as good of an antenna for band 4 or something compared to my previous phones. I've been having issues where I had none with my note 3. I've had apple replace the device, and troubleshoot. Also had T-mobile do the same. It is unclear what the problem is.

On Verizon so far in the past 5 hours I haven't had a single drop in service from LTE. I got Verizon mostly to test the iphone 6 to make sure it was just t-mobiles network vs the iphone 6. I also wanted to try the last carrier I haven't tried for mobile service. (I've tried the other three).
However if the service in the past few hours is indication of how things will be, chances are I will stay on Verizon for a while longer, albeit I am not sure if I can live with no data during a call...

Yeah surprisingly the iPhone doesn't work super well on T-Mobile. I had an iPhone 6 plus with them and would drop to 4g randomly in buildings that I would get LTE the next time at.. At home I only got 4g as well.

Now on my S6 I get LTE literally all the time.. Even at my home I get LTE (about 16 Mbps down) whereas my iPhone never showed that. Something about the radios in the iPhone hate it lol.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Verizon is a bit betteer but there is only one place that was a dead. It was in the App mountains county Ashe. There were alot of places it did work how ever. I was shocked.

The mountains are tough for every provider. It's hard to get cell towers out there for the coverage.

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah surprisingly the iPhone doesn't work super well on T-Mobile. I had an iPhone 6 plus with them and would drop to 4g randomly in buildings that I would get LTE the next time at.. At home I only got 4g as well.

Now on my S6 I get LTE literally all the time.. Even at my home I get LTE (about 16 Mbps down) whereas my iPhone never showed that. Something about the radios in the iPhone hate it lol.

Interesting. Thank you so much for this information. I was seriously wondering what was going on but it appears the iPhone's radios may be to blame not t-mobiles service.
This is exactly why I went to Verizon to test. Seems you helped verify.
I am going to finish my month with verizon and see how it goes. I can always go back to T-mobile.
(The wonders of buying unlocked phones).

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Apparently iphone 6's do indeed have worse reception than many other phones.
In any case I may be sticking with Verizon. They are the only ones who can get me extremely good signal at my work place (near DFW airport. I've had Sprint, AT&T and T-mobile all within a 5 month time period).

I could never get T-mobile to run a speed test because it's like 1-2 bars of 4g, and loses signal a lot. (note 3, LG G3, Note 4, S6 and iphone 6)
AT&T would lose signal or give me 1 bar of lte, usually about 2mbps at best. (Note 3)
Sprint gave me 0 service. (iPhone 6)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech