My in store experience

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi OH. I wanted to share my most recent Verizon experience. let me say I have been a customer a long time and never had anything but great experiences with them for the most part. That being said my job is to help low vision people learn how to use Apple and Android phones with accessibility features. I had a guy who was interested in upgrading to a smartphone and he has low vision so I imagine him with a samsung galaxy note 3. He decided to do it on a Ledge. he is pretty hard cited so he could not even see the screen with how big it is so I turned on the talk back but he became too much for him and he does not want to fool with it so he returned it. He had lost the box and everything else with the charger so he was charged $75 restocking fee. Then he decided he wanted to upgrade to a new flip phone and they were going to charge him $200 to upgrade to a new flip phone as that was the full retail price. He ended up getting it on 2 year contract for free. that is fine I guess but $200 seems a little bit ridiculous. then the guy told us that his plan was going to be 30 bucks a month with unlimited minutes and text but it ended up being when I checked it on the phone later a family plan with unlimited minutes and text and 500 megabytes of data for $50 which is even worse than the plan we had with the smartphone. I called and complained and got it down to $40 but this I feel should not have happened. I don't know what the guy was new or what. He is now looking into tmobile.

Posted via the Android Central App

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: store

File I meant to say edge. I missed that mistake when editing my document. But yes he financed the note 3 on a financing plan $27.08 per month.

Posted via the Android Central App

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: store

To my understanding the 30 is the line fee which is an addition to the plan. The line fee is 40 dollars for smartphones and 30 for basic phones (flip phones)

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Like I said he had quoted us 30 and it ended up being 50. I thought that was odd. Also I cannot believe they want to charge $200 for a flip phone. Other than that I have had great experiences with Verizon every single time.

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Like I said he had quoted us 30 and it ended up being 50. I thought that was odd. Also I cannot believe they want to charge $200 for a flip phone. Other than that I have had great experiences with Verizon every single time.

Was this $200 with a 2 year contract or off contract? Because if its off contract thats a normal price for a flip phone in this day and age. Back about 5 years ago they were over $400 off contract

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
It was $200 outright and no that makes no sense. I saw at Walmart a brand new Android phone for $50 that I bought. It was not on sale or anything. Give a flip phone outright cost is $200 that is the biggest rip off I have heard of in my entire life. It probably cost them $5 to make the flipping thing. I also have another friend how about a flip phone out right at a RadioShack for $40 so Verizon completely screws out the pricing in order to make a bigger profit. I cannot accept that $200 is the going price for a flip phone when I got a gently used galaxy s3 for 125 dollars plus tax. that also includes cost for shipping. $200 for a flip phone is insane.

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
It was $200 outright and no that makes no sense. I saw at Walmart a brand new Android phone for $50 that I bought. It was not on sale or anything. Give a flip phone outright cost is $200 that is the biggest rip off I have heard of in my entire life. It probably cost them $5 to make the flipping thing. I also have another friend how about a flip phone out right at a RadioShack for $40 so Verizon completely screws out the pricing in order to make a bigger profit. I cannot accept that $200 is the going price for a flip phone when I got a gently used galaxy s3 for 125 dollars plus tax. that also includes cost for shipping. $200 for a flip phone is insane.

All i am saying is at any of the brick and mortar stores of carriers $200 is not an odd price for the price of a flip phone off contract, look at the price of flip phones at other carriers. The ones at radioshack or walmart for verizon are usually the old models the corporate stores don't carry anymore and a lot of the time are closeout priced. The carrier coperate stores are selling at msrp, the galaxy s3 is old and used. Just because its a flip phone doesn't make it cheap to make (or cheap for vzw to sell) and build quality is way different compared to say a tracfone flip phone and a verizon flip phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
All i am saying is at any of the brick and mortar stores of carriers $200 is not an odd price for the price of a flip phone off contract, look at the price of flip phones at other carriers. The ones at radioshack or walmart for verizon are usually the old models the corporate stores don't carry anymore and a lot of the time are closeout priced. The carrier coperate stores are selling at msrp, the galaxy s3 is old and used. Just because its a flip phone doesn't make it cheap to make (or cheap for vzw to sell) and build quality is way different compared to say a tracfone flip phone and a verizon flip phone.

Huh? I don't see flip phones going for 200 now a days. Ever. That's definitely not normal.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
All of the top 3 carriers have flip phones priced around $200 on there websites. I remember when i payed $150 flip phone for a 2 year contract back in the day.

I don't see that. I see mini smart phones for 70 on T-Mobile. For anyone to pay 200 for a flip phone is ridiculous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs