Is Verizon Cheaper than Sprint

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
VZW has mobile to mobile but only within the VZW network. But you do have the ability to add 5 numbers to call for free but in a family plan, you have 10 numbers between everyone.

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Verizon: 2 lines
- 1400 min, unlimited texts, unlimited data (both lines), 10 family/friends plan
- $110 + $9.99 for 2 lines, then $60 for unlimited data for 2 lines
- %15 discount on $110, additional $20 discount on each data plan (thanks to that sweet data promo)
- total is $123.47 (w/o taxes)

Can Sprint beat that? Genuine question, because if so, I'd switch, I just find it hard to believe.

Mobile to Mobile Calling & Mobile to Mobile Messaging | Verizon Wireless

Sprint

2lines
-1500 anytime mins shared
Both lines get Unlimited:
-Data
-Text
-GPS
-TV
-Nights starting at 7pm
-AMA calling to any Mobile regardless of Network

129$ - a 15% discount = 110$ (w/o taxes)...Less $$$$ and more features....oh and No Data Credits that expire to worry about....

TinGodz

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Sprint

2lines
-1500 anytime mins shared
Both lines get Unlimited:
-Data
-Text
-GPS
-TV
-Nights starting at 7pm
-AMA calling to any Mobile regardless of Network

129$ - a 15% discount = 110$ (w/o taxes)...Less $$$$ and more features....oh and No Data Credits that expire to worry about....

Interesting. Guess I'll start researching Sprint's coverage and phones over the next month. If they get the LG Optimus 2X, then it's an easy decision for sure.

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Interesting. Guess I'll start researching Sprint's coverage and phones over the next month. If they get the LG Optimus 2X, then it's an easy decision for sure.

Yeah, the prices look comparable, but when you add up the services, Sprint really does well. I had forgotten about the fact that Sprint also give unlimited GPS, which is a biggie for me, as all four in the house are drivers.

TinGodz

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the prices look comparable, but when you add up the services, Sprint really does well. I had forgotten about the fact that Sprint also give unlimited GPS, which is a biggie for me, as all four in the house are drivers.

The only thing I don't understand about "unlimited GPS" is that I had always presumed GPS usage was free on all networks, or at the very least VZW. I don't recall seeing anything about being charged for GPS usage on VZW. Granted, I don't use it much because it drains my battery way too fast and I already have a separate GPS unit for driving, but I do use it occasionally for apps (and driving in the past) and have never been charged for usage.

Also, since Sprint can roam on VZW, is it 3G roaming?

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I use the native Navigation apps on the DX and that's free. It runs off google maps. One of the best phone navigation I have used.

TinGodz

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, with Sprint's additional $10 data fee, looks like Sprint is no longer a good alternative for me. Same price, same features (save true unlimited mobile to mobile), but better coverage and phones. VZW reigns supreme.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Most would agree that Sprint has the cheapest plans, Maybe not the best coverage in some areas (Very small areas).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan