Is Verizon Cheaper than Sprint

Dark Phoenix

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
So Verizon vs Sprint who is cheaper. For a family plan with a data package unlimited text and 1400 minutes?. And it has 4 smartphones.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
With current plans? No way.
1400 min on verizon for 4 phones is going to be 109.99
then $30 for the family texting package.
And then if you choose to have unlimited data for all the smart phones thats another $120.
bringing a grand total to about $260 plus tax

I have 3 phones on my plan and i am at 180 with tax. If i wanted another smart phone it would be $20 ($30 if another Evo) and I am on sprint.

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Verizon's the most expensive carrier right now. I will say that you get what you pay for, though, friends on other carriers complain about major signal trouble in areas where I have a great signal.

twister17e

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has a better nationwide network but will cost more. Sprint has much cheaper plans and allows you to roam on Verizon's network. Also Sprint allows for free mobile to mobile calling (Verizon limits you to 10 #'s). You can also upgrade your phone once a year as a premiere customer.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Also, make sure you check if your employer has any discounts with verizon. I pay less with my corp discount on verizon than I would with sprint. Around $200 for 4 smartphones and a netbook

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I say go with Verizon. Better coverage, good phones. They cost more but you get what you pay for.

That's not necessarily true. If you spend your time in the areas that Sprint has good coverage then Sprint is the much better choice. If you don't have good Sprint coverage than go with the carrier that does have the good coverage. I have 4 "smart" phones, 3 of which are Evo/Epic and we pay about $200 after taxes. That's 1500 any time, and unlimited texting and data on every phone.

PS..........I highly recommend also calling each carrier to find out what kinds of deals they can give you (if any) Every time my contract is up I do that just in case I can get a cheaper deal with Vz, AT&T or T-Mo. So far Sprint has always been the cheapest.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It depends on where you are. My brother-in law have Sprint and has no issues with Spring in the Boston area. He doesn't leave Boston area much. But during a road trip over central/eastern US, I had overall better coverage.
I would be with Sprint right now but my job has me traveling all over the US and I have yet to have an issue with VZW.

But VZW is one of the most expensive carriers but you get what you pay for.

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I have to travel too all over for Work, and Sprint's never been without service...Actually I've never been anywhere Sprint had NO SERVICE and Verizon did....

Sure Verizon may have more native coverage for the sticks but hey I barely go to the sticks and I have free roaming on Verizon for that...so that minimal coverage difference is not worth wallet raping that Verizon ensues....

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Need the reliable nationwide coverage. Also in the middle of nowhere alot, so verizon it is. I have one smartphone, unlimited data, unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, and replacement insurance for $138 per month. Expensive, but it is my only phone line, and goes with me all over the country.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have to travel too all over for Work, and Sprint's never been without service...Actually I've never been anywhere Sprint had NO SERVICE and Verizon did....

Sure Verizon may have more native coverage for the sticks but hey I barely go to the sticks and I have free roaming on Verizon for that...so that minimal coverage difference is not worth wallet raping that Verizon ensues....

My friends with Sprint (and T-mobile, for that matter) in Princeton, NJ regularly complain of having trouble finding a signal. I never have trouble with that with Verizon.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I have Sprint and u have never been with out servce and I drove from Maryland to California and I always had service and to the regarde to t-mobile it sucks my gr has it and she hates it she is going to get on ky Sprint plain which has three phones and its only going to cost me 150 month and that's with a employees discount getting 26 bucks off, so I say go with Sprint its got great service and won't let you down

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
T-Mobile is horrible. I knew a lot of people that paid to cancel their phone service just to go to VZW.

I used to have Sprint and I remember in Cincinnati, my phone kept dropping calls. I didn't think anything of it. Well last year, I went on a road trip and I had someone who had Sprint look up something and just didn't work out. Ended up using my phone and no issues there.

But on the other end, I have been to places where T-Mobile has service and I didn't. But rarely.

MsGadget13

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
We have Verizon and it's any mobile to any mobile, not just Verizon mobiles. The Family 10 is for landline numbers. Works great. We don't use hardly any of our anytime minutes and we have 5 phones on our family plan.

After 10+ years we moved from AT&T to Verizon and love them. Also LOVE my Fascinate, at least until the next greatest phone...

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I have 5 lines in my home, all with unlimited text / data. It costs:

-First 2 lines = $130
-Other 3 lines @ $20 = $60
-Premium charge for 2 EVO's = $20
-Assorted taxes / charges = $10

Total = approx. $220

So, if you had only 4 lines, you'd be at less than $200 (even less if you didn't have any 'premium devices'. Whenever I've priced Verizon, it's always been $50 for comparable services.

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
My friends with Sprint (and T-mobile, for that matter) in Princeton, NJ regularly complain of having trouble finding a signal. I never have trouble with that with Verizon.

Oh well that you're expeince...I Have been all over the state of NJ and never had a problem...

Love my Sprint coverage and the savings.....No carrier has 100% of the US covered even tho Verizon tries to sell people that image that they do, they dont Verizon doesnt even cover my mothers house in the middle of Pittsburgh big hole for Verizon..Sprint perfect from Attic to Basement...

TinGodz

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Verizon: 2 lines
- 1400 min, unlimited texts, unlimited data (both lines), 10 family/friends plan
- $110 + $9.99 for 2 lines, then $60 for unlimited data for 2 lines
- %15 discount on $110, additional $20 discount on each data plan (thanks to that sweet data promo)
- total is $123.47 (w/o taxes)

Can Sprint beat that? Genuine question, because if so, I'd switch, I just find it hard to believe.

We have Verizon and it's any mobile to any mobile, not just Verizon mobiles. The Family 10 is for landline numbers. Works great. We don't use hardly any of our anytime minutes and we have 5 phones on our family plan.

After 10+ years we moved from AT&T to Verizon and love them. Also LOVE my Fascinate, at least until the next greatest phone...

Not true. VZW's mobile to mobile is for VZW customers only. Family & Friends plan is for any non-VZW line, basically.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com/plans/mobiletomobile.shtml&token=aeIlv41Z

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol