Verizon iPhone = Downfall of Android on Verizon?

green

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
If the iPhone releases this year...

?24/7 Verizon iPhone commercials
?Tons of Verizon iPhone ads
?iPhone becomes Verizon flagship device

Honestly, I don't see Android, dual core or even tri core, topping the iPhone if it comes to Verizon.

Besides that, the iPhone is also causing Verizon to make these changes with their plans, prices and upgrade eligibility dates. This phone might end up killing Verizon imo. On a lot of forums, people have already terminated their Verizon service and switched over to other carriers lol.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
If people want their iPhones, they can have their iPhones. I feel secure enough in my decision to carry an Android device. Hell, as someone with a Zune, I may even switch to WP7 in the future. I don't need or care to have what everyone else wants.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Nah, I think Droid will still be popular, not as popular as iPhone but still up there. iPhone has marketing on their side. Any Droid device has little marketing but more of word of mouth from friends/family.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
The iphone will be great for users that don't want to have to think about using their device. I will always like the flexability that I get with android.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Plus Android, you can do more.
-If you need more power from the device you have, overclock it until your done with the power. If you want to save some battery life, underclock it.
-If you want to root, one click and your done, and to unroot, another click and your done.
-If you want to change the looks of it, ROM or LP/ADW
etc...

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Until iphone gets a bigger display, the Driod X is still the nicer phone imo. I have a Macbook computer and my X and it are very happy together anyway :D nocaldawg is right too, it will really hurt at&t. Their data plans are the reason I went with Verizon.

Last edited:

Sailmaker

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Think about competitive activity. Wouldn't you think Motorola & other Android OS Phone Mfg would start ad campaigns that highlight the advantages of an Android Phone over an iPhone? For example, will iPhone be 4g LTE compatible on Verizon network at launch time? Plus, with the launch of all the new Android OS Tablets the Android OS Phones will enjoy some free publicity. Just my opinion.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
verizon has been the biggest wireless carrier in the US so far without the iphone. odd as this is to say, apple needs vzw to expand their user base more than vzw needs apple to expand their customer base. verizon is not going to forget about their android user base just because the iphone has come along. as many have mentioned on here already, at&t is going to be the one hurt most by this, as iphone users who have been disgruntled about their service finally have a carrier choice.

also going to move this to a more relevant area

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Look how fast android has grown in the last year. The iphone has not had an impact on android at all. Its still an iphone and doesn't matter what carrier has it. It will sell very good for Verizon. Most of the sells might be people that don't like att so they will come over to Verizon. Android will soon be the number one os anyway so nothing to worry about.

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I really doubt that Verizon is bending over backwards and changing their policies because of Steve Jobs. The iPhone is immensely popular, but Android does have a bigger market share right now, and as one of the mods said in another thread, it's more likely the case that Apple needs Verizon more than Verizon needs Apple.

And yes, the iphone has marketing on its side. Apple has a brilliant marketing department, and its devices have been the cutting edge of style since those ipod commercials with the dancing shadows aired. However, if Android technology continues at the pace it's going, the iphone will be seen as a dinosaur that will never catch up to the high end android phones at the time of its release. The closed system thing will be the downfall of the iphone, just as it was almost the downfall of Apple years ago.

gizzyman

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
anyone who buys an iphone has never used it or the ipad.
I have the ipad and I hate the way apple does things. android is tons better then iphone

Honestly, I don't see Android, dual core or even tri core, topping the iPhone if it comes to Verizon.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
If the iPhone releases this year...

•24/7 Verizon iPhone commercials
•Tons of Verizon iPhone ads
•iPhone becomes Verizon flagship device

Besides that, the iPhone is also causing Verizon to make these changes with their plans, prices and upgrade eligibility dates. This phone might end up killing Verizon imo. On a lot of forums, people have already terminated their Verizon service and switched over to other carriers lol.

LOL someone is just trying to get a rise our of us

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is greatly responsible for the success of the Android boom WORLDWIDE. VZ and Google are (close) partners and that is something APPLE can't compete with. VZ DOES NOT want to be defined as being a single device carrier like ATT. Additionally, VZ went through a lot to strike a deal to use the DROID term and is no rush to relinquish that.

The Iphone will be another device added to the VZ cache, but it will not overshadow the onslaught of android devices which regularly hit the market. Apple will have to prove to the marketplace it can compete with Google. Moreover, as some pointed out the excruciating pressure will be on RIM.

As far as, the changes to pricing and upgrade eligibility goes. Its easy to figure out that it is NOT APPLE or the IPHONE dictating those moves. Rather, it is the new LTE network and the more expensive LTE devices dictating the changes. The LTE network was an investment for VZ and it needs to start generating revenue to begin paying for itself. Naturally, the devices riding on this network will be more expensive to make unlike the 3G stuff.

Anyone terminating service for reasons the OP stated I am sure is not because the IPHONE is coming to VZ. No other carrier has the selection of Android devices so why cut off your nose to spite your face?

The OP unquestionably was trying to get a rise out of all of us.....He may have succeeded...lol

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't know this had been said, but the majority of android users are former BB and webOS users and that is across that is pretty much the same on all carriers. The iphone will take some sales from android, but I think a good chunk will be from first time smartphone users from multimedia/feature phones.