Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Spreadsheet comparing Verizon LTE phones

After the flurry of info pouring out of CES this past week about the upcoming Verizon LTE phones, I started a Google Docs spreadsheet to pull all of the specs together so I could compare them side-by-side to help me figure out which one I wanted to make my next phone. Then I realized that it might be helpful to others as well, so I prettied it up a bit and made the link publicly viewable.

Most of the information was gathered from the official press releases, official web site, and the articles by Android Central's intrepid reporters. I wanted to stick to the facts instead of reacting to every rumor.

The link is below. I hope you find it helpful. I will continue to update it as more information becomes available. Feel free to send me a PM if you've found sources for any of the missing information or if I made an error (gasp!). Enjoy!

>>> Comparison of Verizon LTE Phones <<<
    Thanked by 56:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by RichardClark View Post
    After the flurry of info pouring out of CES this past week about the upcoming Verizon LTE phones, I started a Google Docs spreadsheet to pull all of the specs together so I could compare them side-by-side to help me figure out which one I wanted to make my next phone. Then I realized that it might be helpful to others as well, so I prettied it up a bit and made the link publicly viewable.

Most of the information was gathered from the official press releases, official web site, and the articles by Android Central's intrepid reporters. I wanted to stick to the facts instead of reacting to every rumor.

The link is below. I hope you find it helpful. I will continue to update it as more information becomes available. Feel free to send me a PM if you've found sources for any of the missing information or if I made an error (gasp!). Enjoy!

>>> Comparison of Verizon LTE Phones <<<
    Isnt the samsung phone 1.2ghz?
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Isnt the samsung phone 1.2ghz?
    Just 1.0 GHz according to this, this, and this.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Just 1.0 GHz according to this, this, and this.
    maybe its the infuse thats 1.2..... 1ghz,, that seems so not right. especially since they know they have so much competetion...im thinking maybe that is not the final specs for this phone, since they dont even have a name, its possible they are going to change some stuff before it goes into production
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

ROM
    Stock (for now)

I'm not sure that the LG Revolution will have stock android.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Does LG have a custom UI a la Sense and Motoblur? I hadn't heard of one so I assumed it was stock. Guess I shouldn't make that assumption. So I changed it to "Unknown" until someone in the know can get their hands on one and comment on it.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,154 Global Posts

Stickied. Very nicely done!

Also, if the Revolution's UI isn't completely stock, it's very close. It's definitely not LG's custom UI. http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-revolution-eyes
    Thanked by:
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Love this! Thanks

gpu info --
    Sammy phone has a powerVR SGX 540
    Tbolt -- Adreno 205
    Tegra2 phones -- GeForce, model not announced, contains 3rd party IP

Keep kicking azz man!
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

This is excellent! Awesome job.

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Thanks, guys. Gbhil, I appreciate the GPU info and have update the spreadsheet. I've also added a bunch of juicy bits about the Bionic and Atrix based on the MotoDev spec sheets.

No, thank you

This is priceless for the forums!
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,725 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

he he. love speculator charts......
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    he he. love speculator charts......
    I made a point to not rely on rumor and speculation. Almost all of the information came from the manufacturer's web sites, press releases, and reports from people who had hand-on experience with the devices at CES. In the few cases where the information is unverified or just opinion, I indicated such.

Of course, since these models are still pre-production, all of it is subject to change but I would be shocked if there were huge departures from what has already been released. I'll continue to update the spreadsheet as more definitive information becomes available, which is why I put it up on Google Docs instead of posting a snapshot. But I wouldn't consider it final until all four of these devices are available for purchase.
    My tech timeline: 1981 - First programmed. 1986 - First modem connection. 1993 - First Internet SLIP account. 2000 - First broadband connection. 2003 - First BlackBerry. 2011 - First Android.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,725 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

I made a point to not rely on rumor and speculation. Almost all of the information came from the manufacturer's web sites, press releases, and reports from people who had hand-on experience with the devices at CES. In the few cases where the information is unverified or just opinion, I indicated such.

Of course, since these models are still pre-production, all of it is subject to change but I would be shocked if there were huge departures from what has already been released. I'll continue to update the spreadsheet as more definitive information becomes available, which is why I put it up on Google Docs instead of posting a snapshot. But I wouldn't consider it final until all four of these devices are available for purchase.
    Thank you.....

freakin fantastic! thanks, man! this is exactly what I need as I prepare to figure out which one I'm going to get!

I find alot of wrong data on this spreadsheet. First the Droidx Have wireless b/g/n, not just b/g.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    363 Global Posts
    ROM
    Miui 1.1.7.0,

The guys that got to try the bionic (I'm looking at you Phil & Cory) how prevalent was Blur? I noticed the launcher wasn't the same as the X and certainly the ugly one found on hte Atrix. Is it just blur widgets? I was hoping for sense with dual core, but the Bionic is soo tempting, especially if blur is toned down.
    gtalk: Sethjk

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    ROM
    2.6.32.17-g9a2fc16

Anybody understands the memory configuration on the Droid Bionic?
    - "2GB flash rom and 14GB Shared Storage"

Is it saying that 2GB can only be used for App storage or can the 14GB be used for App storage?
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by lshuman View Post
    I find alot of wrong data on this spreadsheet. First the Droidx Have wireless b/g/n, not just b/g.
    Thanks. I pulled that from the Android Central device specs page at http://www.androidcentral.com/droid-x-specs which just shows b/g; however, your post prompted me to check Motorola's specs at DROID X by Motorola - Android phone - HD phone - Tech Specs - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA which shows b/g/n. So I've updated the spreadsheet.

You said you found a lot of wrong data. Please let me know what the incorrect entries are so that I may fix them.
    My tech timeline: 1981 - First programmed. 1986 - First modem connection. 1993 - First Internet SLIP account. 2000 - First broadband connection. 2003 - First BlackBerry. 2011 - First Android.

Extremely useful. Thanks. The table at

Hands On With Motorola's Tegra 2 Devices: Atrix 4G, Droid Bionic, XOOM Tablet - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

gives dimensions and weight for the Bionic. --magnes
    Thanked by:
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by cuttyr View Post
    Anybody understands the memory configuration on the Droid Bionic?
    - "2GB flash rom and 14GB Shared Storage"

Is it saying that 2GB can only be used for App storage or can the 14GB be used for App storage?
    Yeah. I thought that was odd too, but that's how it's listed on the MotoDev spec sheet. My assumption (and purely a guess on my part) is that it's the same 16gb of internal storage that some of the other devices have but just broken out differently to show that 2gb is reserved for the o/s and the other 14gb available for apps and user data. Makes sense since that spec sheet is geared toward developers and not general consumers.
    Thanked by:
    cuttyr 

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Thanks for putting this together! Any idea if any of these phones are Global phones?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by magnes View Post
    Extremely useful. Thanks. The table at

Hands On With Motorola's Tegra 2 Devices: Atrix 4G, Droid Bionic, XOOM Tablet - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

gives dimensions and weight for the Bionic. --magnes
    Thanks, Magnes. I'll add that info today.

Why can't I just get a 4.0" Screen, dual core 1.2GHz, at least 2000mAh battery, with plain Android?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast